Yuki Rates: Resident Evil 4

Neko Yuki Pyrozanryu

Bells
Welcome once again to another addition of 'Yuki Rates'.

Today i will be rating a Favorite of mine: Resident Evil 4.

To start its essentially a Action/Horror/Shooter. Now you see 'Resident Evil' you will instantly think 'ZOMBIES' 'VIRUS OUTBREAK' and stuff like that.
This version however DOES deal with Zombies, but its in a totally different way.

The story begins with an old Character: Leon S. Kennedy after the Racoon City incident he is made an agent in charge of protecting the Presidents Daughter, before he goes on duty she is kidnapped, after a large manhunt she is sighted in a small Village in the middle of Rural Europe, in a village far from anywhere.
Upon entering the village his two Police guides are killed, and leon is trapped, the bridge out of the village has been destroyed so he must continue, as he does he finds the villagers are...less than human, running at him brandishing Pitchforks, Knives, Sytches and Chainsaws, theese villagers seem to be... 'Zombiefied' but they act like normal humans, they walk, talk and act like any normal society, but when they see an intruder they drop everything to attack the unlucky person. Unlike most 'Zombies' when you enter a large house (this is an optional Cutscene at the begining) they lay seige, throwing up ladders to get in through the top floor and bringing out a Chainsaw.
The game uses 'Las Plagas', a Parasetic Being which was fossilised but quickly infected villagers and many of the people who lived in the area. This being takes many forms and as one report says 'The way the Las Plagas works is like an anthill, they all work together in perfect harmony unlike most Parasetic Organisms which usually act Solitary'.
Later on you find theese 'Zombies' who use Ball and chains, Mini Guns and Crossbows. EVEN RPGS!
Now i liked this game because of its storyline and the fact it plays away from the R.E Sterotype by making smarter and more human enemys to face, the most Zombie like foe is arguably the hardest to kill non-boss character 'Regenrator' which are a form of 'Zombie' which can regenrate lost limbs in only a few seconds, the way to kill it is to use an I-R scope on your rifle and shoot at the 'Leech Like' Plagas on its skin.
So i will again divide this up, but this is going to be different.

Gameplay: 8/10; Its very good, with the Customisable weapons and the mini games this is very fun and always gives you a challenge, I have yet to beat Pro Difficulty and beat 'The Merecenaries' Mini-game.
Graphics: 9/10; For the time it was released and given its on the PS2 the graphics are really good, it has its flaws like every game but its very good nether-the-less.
Bosses: 9.7/10; My god! The bosses are all fun, like all Resi games they are very good, i would give this the perfect 10 if it wasnt for the last boss, 'Saddler'. Considering you face Krauser in a VERY VERY hard battle Saddler is Ridiculously easy in comparison, You end up thinking its going to be hard to be disappointed.

Whats the Overral rating?: i give this an 8.9/10. Get this if your a Resident Evil fan or if you like Shooter games, its alright if you like puzzles also. but it doesnt have many.

Well there you go!
I would love to hear your opinions on this game IF you've played it.

I fell in love with this game years ago...it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had with a video game. It was ALMOST better than my first experience with Super Mario 64. I played it so many times over and loved being able to upgrade weapons, melee attacks, key point hits and so much more. It was also my first real experience with an M rated game...before that, I was buying either E or T games which was a big step for me, and a damn good one, too.

The only thing bad is that I wished it was more like the old RE games(which I got into after RE4). I wish there was more focus on horror and exploration rather than to shoot loads and loads of people constantly with a good supply of ammo. Other than that, I was well satisfied with this game.

It was originally released on the gamecube. It wasnt even on ps2 until later.
and its best on the Gamecube.

^ I have to agree. I've played enough of the other versions to notice that it really is the best.

The PS2 version had lowered graphics and the analog stick didn't seem work as well as the cube's. It had the extra Ada thing which was very nice, but it still lacked the quality.

The Wii version had the best parts of both games...the extras of the PS2 and the quality of the GCN. The controls were extremely well done, so well done that it actually made the game easier! They could've upped the difficulty(especially in the cutscene actions) but that was the only real problem with the Wii version.

I've heard of the PC version...didn't hear many good things about it, but it's hackable. I like seeing vids of replaced character models and etc.

OMG, so gewd game. I think it should be like a 9.5.

The Krauser battle wasnt that hard. Meh.
What I really enjoy is the replayability value because while the game is decently short, if you play it again, its just as fun. You know all the tricks after the first time so the 2nd time is like youre walking in the park as a super hawt pro.

And I really like the unlockable guns. :D

cornymikey said:
OMG, so gewd game. I think it should be like a 9.5.

The Krauser battle wasnt that hard. Meh.
What I really enjoy is the replayability value because while the game is decently short, if you play it again, its just as fun. You know all the tricks after the first time so the 2nd time is like youre walking in the park as a super hawt pro.

And I really like the unlockable guns. :D
I cant beat krauser on Pro x_x
i get murdered in the VERY FIRST bit or as he jumps out.
x_x i feel so n00by...
wish i could unlock the C-T on Pro without playing through

A lot of people say that RE4 is not as hard as past RE games...which is pretty true. However, most of the difficulty of the old RE games came from planning out how to maneuver through the "world", picking the best paths to head when getting a new key or something, harder puzzles as well as trying to conserve ammunition. RE4 seems to be the opposite of that :(

Charles said:
A lot of people say that RE4 is not as hard as past RE games...which is pretty true. However, most of the difficulty of the old RE games came from planning out how to maneuver through the "world", picking the best paths to head when getting a new key or something, harder puzzles as well as trying to conserve ammunition. RE4 seems to be the opposite of that :(
Yea i agree, since ammo is easily found on RE4,
BUT the hardness is mainly centered with Pro+Krauser.

Has ANYONE defeated him? and can peeps give me some Advice?

Dude, I can beat him with the knife. >.>

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but every time after I'd have to do one of those quick button actions, I would immediately start knifing him. He'd back off and do it over, again. A very, very cool boss fight but sorta easy at the end(depending on how you play it, that is).

Charles said:
Dude, I can beat him with the knife. >.>

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but every time after I'd have to do one of those quick button actions, I would immediately start knifing him. He'd back off and do it over, again. A very, very cool boss fight but sorta easy at the end(depending on how you play it, that is).
Im a weapons person so yea xD
Any way of managing to get the Chicago typewriter without playing through the game once? Since i have it on easy :/

I don't really remember how...I think you have to unlock it off of the Mercenaries thing, then buy it for a million pesos. I might be confusing it with the handcannon, but yeah, there is no way to get it on the first playthrough...and I don't think there is a way to get a million before the end of the game.

Charles said:
I don't really remember how...I think you have to unlock it off of the Mercenaries thing, then buy it for a million pesos. I might be confusing it with the handcannon, but yeah, there is no way to get it on the first playthrough...and I don't think there is a way to get a million before the end of the game.
No the Handcannon is the Mercs.

So i cant get the C-T

Also any tips to getting the Handcannon? Since the ONLY character i can do the Mercs with is Krauser :/

I knew people who were so good at Mercenaries that they could actually kill all the people in one level and even had around 20 seconds left to screw around.

As for help...I was never good at it, myself. I let a friend borrow it 3 or 4 years ago and I haven't seen it since T_T but I DID unlock everything, including the handcannon.

I always tried luring a bunch of people to me to one spot and just eradicate them all.

Dude, I suck with Ada and Hunk. Hunk has the machine gun thing which is the only weapon he has(did he have a knife?), then Ada has the worst kicks and no knife. Wesker and Leon were pretty good to work with.

Neko Yuki Pyrozanryu said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Just get the Plagas Removal Laser and get things over with easily.
Thats handcannon,

And i gotta complete the Mercs for that AND play the game once to unlock in story :/
No, it's not.

TravisTouchdown said:
Neko Yuki Pyrozanryu said:
TravisTouchdown said:
Just get the Plagas Removal Laser and get things over with easily.
Thats handcannon,

And i gotta complete the Mercs for that AND play the game once to unlock in story :/
No, it's not.
?
I have never head of the PR---
OHHHHHHHHHHH

You gotta complete pro for that, i cannot complete pro atm

Back