Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Prepare for Trouble!

Which is your favourite evil team in the games? Or perhaps its not even an "evil team" per se and just a fun group you'd like to join?

My favourite evil team is Team Plasma.

I remember someone made a thread for this awhile back, although it's old now.

Anyway, my favorite evil team in the games is Team Galactic. Giving the same reasoning as before, the dude didn't want to profit off Pokemon, cover the world in land or water, have all trainers release their Pokemon or control the region, destroy a good number of the world's population, get in touch with ultra beasts or be punks, yell a lot, or anything else.

No, Team Galactic, and more specifically, Cyrus, wanted to downright create a new universe. One with no emotion in it at all. Now that's scary. Imagine that your universe is in danger of being taken away from you and there's nothing you can do about it, cause that's about every NPC that wasn't the MC in the gen 4 games.

Also, the dude's team, especially in Platinum, is highly dangerous. Not to mention he's got a sick battle theme. I rest my case.

My favourite is Team Skull, just because of how much fun I had with they're interactions, and Guzma's great. I also appreciated the change of pace in the villain storyline, with the Aether foundation holding the threat, and allowing team skull to just be fun.

I do also really enjoy the threat of Team Galactic (also nostalgia), and Team Plasma's commentary was cool. Team Aqua I always liked as well. I'm bad just picking one thing lol.

Probably team Aqua though Magma is right behind. My first game was Emerald so I loved that there were two teams opposing each other. Even though what they both wanted was ridiculous lol.

Honourable mention to Plasma though. Team Plasma wanting to free Pokémon was the team that felt like had the most valid point. I also love their battle theme in the first Black and White games. It was a banger.

Team Skull is wildly endearing. I don't really consider them to be as evil as the rest, they're just a group of disaffected youth outcasts who band together because they don't have anywhere else and find camaraderie with each other. They're very relatable. Guzma's great too, and I love his and the Team Skull battle themes. They also have my favorite team logo and my favorite base of operations in the Shady House in Po Town.

With all that out of the way, my favorite properly villainous team is probably Team Plasma. The structure with Ghetsis, N, Anthea and Concordia, the Seven Sages, and the Shadow Triad is neat when compared to the other teams. I like the knightly attire the Plasma grunts wear, and speaking of fashion, Ghetsis' robe is cool. Ghetsis' ultimate plan in Black & White was pretty underwhelming and lackluster, but the lead-up was cool. N was a cool rival throughout the game and I liked seeing him break away from Team Plasma after his defeat and how Team Plasma split into two factions after their defeat in Black & White; one that was loyal to N, Anthea and Concordia, and former Seven Sages member Rood and who sought redemption for their past mistakes, while Team Neo-Plasma fill the villainous team role in Black 2/White 2 by serving Ghetsis. When you face off against Ghetsis again in Black 2 & White 2, he's lost it a bit and he's not messing around; he's prepared to have Kyurem murder you with those ice spikes. He also has that cool black coat attire and that neat cane, as well as a cool Pokémon team and a cool battle theme (DENNIS! DENNIS!) to boot. Overall a mostly satisfying evil team, and we have the scientists of Team Plasma to thank for the creation of the awesome Genesect.

As for the others?

- Team Rocket is cool but basically just a run-of-the-mill crime syndicate.

- Team Aqua has the more compelling motivation than Team Magma, but they're both pretty meh to me.

- Team Galactic have cool outfits and I like Cyrus' goal of a universe without emotion more than most of the other team motivations.

- Lysandre has my favorite motivations among the evil team leaders, but aside from him and Xerosic, the rest of Team Flare sucks. At least Aliana, Bryony, Celosia and Mable had cool outfits, and it was kind of cool that Elite Four member Malva was aligned with them and annoyed with you for defeating them.

- The Aether Foundation are the true villainous team of Alola. I just think they're okay. Lusamine is cool and I like the backstory of what happened to Mohn, her mental break and exposure side effects to Nihilego's neurotoxins, and how it affected her relationship with her children Gladion and Lillie. The fact that they used mad science gene splicing to create Type: Null and Silvally was cool.

- Team Rainbow Rocket's plan was cool even though I dislike time travel and alternate dimension stuff. The rainbow coloration of the R on their uniform top, as well as their belts and the green soles of their boots is cool.

- Team Yell are barely a villain team, they're just goofy soccer hooligans who love Piers and his sister Marnie. They're fine.

- Team Star are basically like Team Skull in the misfit outcast youth way. I like them, but they don't really feel like villains. Misguided for a while, sure, but not evil.

Last edited:
My favorite evil team is definitely Team Plasma, there's something about the knight aesthetic and the leader being the "king" that I like about this evil team in particular.

And Team Plasma is the only evil team that poses a threat and actually has a goal that is pretty much smart in a way compared to other evil teams in Pokemon games. To disguise their true motive under the curtain of the "greater good" is a sinister move in itself which makes Team Plasma a formidable villainous group. And their "knight" facade went off for more direct approach on getting to their goal in BW2 makes this evil team more of an actual threat compared to a team like Team Rocket.

The story arc of N especially in gen 5 is definitely the best character development seen in mainline Pokemon games. And the only team leader that successfully defeats the Pokemon champion.

And Ghetsis is also the best Pokemon villain, manipulative and extremely vile character that is irredeemable at best.

The fact that Team Plasma actually has a major role in gen 5 compared to other evil teams from other generations makes them the best evil team.

• Love
Reactions: Bui
Voted for Team Plasma as I find them the most interesting, their goal is sold as a good thing and like they’re on the side of Pokemon but throughout the game their evil side is shown, plus Ghetsis is one of the better villains. Close second would be Galactic though for how power hungry they were and their evil ambitions.

Soft spot for Aqua as they’re from probably my fave Pokemon game and like the rivalry the two teams have.

I like team Magma, I found the Team Aqua vs Team Magma thing to be a fun story element instead of there being just one evil team. Or Team Skull for the laughs

Maybe is the nostalgia talking but to me there's nothing like the original team rocket, Jessie and James aside as a kid Giovanni was quite imposing not sure why xD

Team Flare has a really special place in my heart. X was my first pokémon game, and I loved how silly the grunts were and how stylish all the members were. I don’t like their motivations though.

Classic Team Rocket is the runner up.

Personally, I would go for Team Galactic! But I really like Team Magma and Team Rocket as well

I think team Galactic is one of the most competent ones, so them.

Team Skull for sure, they made me laugh with how they acted all gangster, throwing up gang signs lol plus I love their battle themes (Grunt, Admin and Boss) and therefore they left the biggest, lasting impression on me :) they were a pretty refreshing take on an evil team. The whole "let's control a super ancient, powerful monster and taking over the world" thing Game Freak has done for 6 generations was getting old.

Second favorite evil team is Team Plasma, just because they're really memorable.

Worst evil team imo is Team Yell followed by Team Star. They literally do nothing. At least Team Rocket went around taking over towers, buildings, stealing Pokémon, straight up killing Pokémon, forcing Magikarp to evolve, holding people hostage, cutting off Slowpoke Tails, and the list goes on. They were true criminals lol

I really didn't like Team Flare, either.

Team Rocket forever 🚀

an unlikely second being Team Skull. They’re just the right amount of stupid and I love Guzma (and his awesome battle theme).

Last edited:
Definitely Team Skull, they're just so goofy, and although they're certainly not as evil as the other teams, I do think that they are still pretty memorable at least for me.

A close second would be Team Plasman since they're also pretty memorable and feel pretty threatening imo

I think my favorite may very well be Team Aqua. Gen 3 games were all around great tbh.
I think second is Team Rocket, and that's only because of Jesse and James and the Mewtwo lore.
Team Skull is also very interesting to me. They just gave a different refreshing vibe.

Back