• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your most disliked permanent character in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

gosh Pave I always hated her and now when I see her rv I shiver

and Katrina but just because is useless actually I think her shop is cool

Last edited:
Probably Lyle. Never liked him since he was introduced in WW. Glad he was kind of downsized in NL.

I'm apparently the only one who doesn't like Brewster? Don't be telling me how I like my coffee. And go buy a neck.

I used to say Tom Nook the crook, but I guess it is Lyle now. Nook is lucky he is the first character I met in the Gamecube version as a kid...

I only started playing since New Leaf and I really don't like Pave. He just seems arrogant and his minigame wasn't very fun to do, especially because dancing "wrong" would have you chewed out by him.

I really don't like Pave. He's so strange and I find him so annoying. :/

Kapp'n and Shrunk. Kapp'n is creepy and Shrunk is annoying, what more is there to say. Lyle was a pain in Wild World, but I've forgiven him.

I can't stand Shrunk. His design reminds me of that really old McDonald's character that I seem to remember from years ago, and his jokes are just unappealing. His face is so... Annoying. Everything about him is really cheesy and gives me this horrible feeling. It's weird, and difficult to explain.

I don't really like Gracie too much. She is very rude sometimes. She probably thinks being arrogant is more professional, but it really isn't..

I was going to say Lyle, but then I remembered Gracie. I absolutely hate Gracie. She is so rude and annoying. Her minigame in the GCN game is total BS since it requires you mashing the A button to the point where your thumb starts to spark (which in turn can cause blisters). In Wild World, she even calls the player a redneck! WTF?!

Now to talk about a hated character that I actually like: Tom Nook. Yes, I like him. You don't have to pay off all of your debt right away; you can even wait a year and he wouldn't mind. He also gave you a FREE HOUSE! How can you not accept that?! If it wasn't for the free home, you wouldn't have anywhere to live! He runs the town store in the older games too so if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be able to shop for furniture and such. Almost all (or probably all) of the theories surrounding him being a con-artist/kidnapper/slavedriver are terrible in my opinion. This character deserves a ton more praise.

Back