• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Your most disliked permanent character in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Leila. Speech impediments and baby talk (when intentional) are two things I can't stand and she has/does both. I would gladly trade her for a trash bin.

I forgot to mention someone else besides Lyle and Gracie:

Leila, she has a small store on the island that's a total rip-off. I remember the first time I went to the island, I caught a ton of rare bugs and sold them to her for only 350-ish bells by accident. >_< Then I found out you can take what you caught back home which is what I did all the time afterwards.

kapp'n, hands down. it's really strange that its been so many games and the developers still think this gross, suggestive, overly harrassing, whinging when you skip him, demanding old man character is okay???

especially because so many players are young girls, iunno, just screams ick in my head. i never look at the screen when i go to the island

I would say Lyle, but I feel like in New Leaf it's easy to forget that he even exists. You don't even really have to talk to him much, and you don't even see him unless you go in Nook's Homes.

I hate Phyllis. She makes me not like going in the post office at night.

Lyle, because he talks way too much.
Phyllis, because she's haughty and rude.
And my least favourite of all is Kapp'n. I'm glad others agree at him making them feel uncomfortable. Heck, I'm 20 and he makes me uncomfortable! Eurgh.

I originally wanted to say Gracie, but I also dislike Kapp'n for his creepy, inappropriate comments/songs.

Last edited:
Lyle! I have the same memories of him from Wild World I don't think I'll ever get over >.<

Also Redd and Shrunk. Shrunk annoys me so much - like what? Who even thought of those 'jokes'?

whoops, I like Kapp'n. I won't say people can't dislike him, I see why people do, but rip me I guess

gosh, I dunno. I'm not a fan of Saharah. or Zipper. or Timmy and Tommy. or Digby. or Isabelle.
Shrunk's "jokes" are awful but I like him. just. awful jokes. they're not even really jokes. they just make you feel bad for the guy. jokes should make you laugh.

Rover. I got tired of seeing his face from constant resetting/ choosing new save file xD

but seriously, I don't like Gulliver because it takes time for him to wake up. It annoys me plus during the time when I was hoping to get Gracie or Katrina (to get her to main street) on my plaza, I almost always end up getting him. He trolled me and constantly break my heart for a while lol

Back