• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your first Minecraft world?

EmeraldJourney

Bells
Do you still have it, and if not, what about it brings forth your Nostalgia? For me it's any time Sweden plays, it's just such an emotional piece. My first world, my house was a cave with a built mineshaft cabin and glass fishing house. I miss it so much and no longer have it, but would trade all the bells for the seed now!

i used to share minecraft with my brother so i made my own minecraft world for the first time back in 2012 i think, i had it on my xbox 360 and i had it until 2 years ago when it somehow got deleted after i updated it

i had so many buildings on it and was planning on one day, completing the entire map so it was pretty annoying when i lost the save file
idk what happened or why it disappeared but after it did, i didn't talk to anyone for 3 days because i was so upset 😅

i'm over it now because i got minecraft on my switch and i got cars on it lol

i don't think i've ever had a solo world. at least not one significant enough to remember. i think i got minecraft mostly for the servers, so my first memories are playing on mineplex (i was, and still am, a big captain sparklez fan) and occasionally the hive/hypixel. i was obsessed with survival games, even though it lagged like hell most of the time, and bridges. the first world i remember was on a multiplayer server owned by some boy i met on mineplex, named plum, and his brothers. he invited me to join, and later let me invite two of my internet friends. i still remember my first house, on the shore of the ocean. we built a stable, a doghouse, storage room, a glass pyramid library, a nether portal house, a mini-jungle tree-village, a tree-farm, sheep-farm, strip-mine, a giant rainbow (+pot of gold) out of wool that had a secret underground vault, a castle tower (like a rook from chess), a small castle for rabbits, a whole pirate ship, and an underground pathway running underneath everything. i have a lot of fond memories of that server, even though i've long since lost touch with those two friends, and we had to abandon it when plum took a weird turn and started being aggressive and griefing us. i went back to playing on mineplex et al after that.

my second world was my own server with those two friends, where we had some more fun and built a lot more stuff, but then i think it got deleted because i didn't pay for it or w/e. i have memories of a third world where i recreated a lot of the builds from my first/second ones, but i can't remember whether or not those friends joined it or if it was just my sister and i. my most recent world was with my girlfriend (and occasionally my sister), and i used a free service to run the server, and it was a lot of fun -- we used discord to talk and built a lot of cool stuff -- but one day we just... stopped playing. not sure why, we just did. i've no idea if the server is lost/deleted or not. if it is, i'm not particularly upset though. the best part of a world, for me, is always starting so.

Oh my god. I remember this world SO FONDLY. I had just gotten Minecraft on my Ipad mini when I was about 6, and I had no clue what to build tbh. So, I built a house.... of doors. Mind you, there were only oak doors in this version. I somehow lived in there, using doors as protection from mobs. I don't even know how I got around in there. But I managed. I had a dog named Spot (very basic name and the only thing I could ever come up with) and I didn't know how to do ANYTHING. I just kinda walked around?

However, being 6, around a month of having the world, I decided I wanted a hot tub. And the way to build hot tubs back then was a layer of lava, a layer of glass, and water on top. But I wanted it to be a rooftop hot tub. And you guessed it. It burned straight through and before I knew it my house was in flames. I got spot out, but then I left the world and I don't think I ever went back to it.

All I remember about my first world is that it was on the superflat setting and I built a house with no torches. This was when TONS of bats spawned in dark areas (..I think. I just remember bats spawning inside my house).
I was scared of the bats and deleted it immediately after that.
Moved on to strictly multiplayer because I was terrified of Minecraft bats. Don't worry, I got over that dumb fear.

My first Minecraft world was made in October 2011. The computer I made it on is long gone and I had no idea how to back anything up. I vaguely remember being spawned by an ocean and building a crafting table. I think I swapped to creative mode after that because I didn’t know how to progress. To this day I haven’t beaten the Ender Dragon.

I made my first Minecraft world probably in late 2012. It really wasn't that memorable. But a world that I do remember was one I made a few months later on Minecraft Pocket Edition. It was really behind the PC version at that time and didn't have infinite worlds. Well, we built this house on an island or something and had a bridge that led to the large part of our town. I remember the house being kind of like a fortress, we built walls and the house had a roof that we stood on. It's long gone though, I think it might've been deleted years ago by some error with the internet or something.

I still have the files for my first world, but I haven't launched it in years. Of particular note, I recall once venturing outside my home for a long tIme only to die while mining, and losing my house. So I spent hours scouring for iron and redstone to craft a compass, and when I finally achieved that, I followed the arrow for hours trying to get home. I was so relieved when I finally made it.

In retrospect, all I had to do was destroy my previous bed and jump in some lava or something. I don't know why it didn't occur to me at the time.

Another fond memory I have is spending a few months building a castle inhabited only by cats.

It's so fun to hear all of your stories, I play a lot online too and like to jump between different servers and discord. If anybody is interested, we could all play? I recently built a castle in my survival with a hot tub, soul sand underneath for the heat effect and it's also gold. It would be a fun throwback with all the new updates, did any of you ever play tekkit? or modded minecraft? fond memories there too for me.

Do you still have it, and if not, what about it brings forth your Nostalgia? For me it's any time Sweden plays, it's just such an emotional piece. My first world, my house was a cave with a built mineshaft cabin and glass fishing house. I miss it so much and no longer have it, but would trade all the bells for the seed now!

I don't as I played in early beta, but my first world was awesome. It had a bunch of trees that looked foresty and some mountains. I chose the top of the mountain and dug down a bit to make my cavern home. Then I set up a fishing spot on the beach and fished for 30 minutes straight, I then went mining for hours and collected everything I could find. By the end I had a mansion with a storage chest room and a gold bedroom. Great times.

I also played with friends and we took turns building things on the map, we ended up taming so many animals that the game lagged and when mods game out, oh boy, we were all over that. Then technic, we had SO much fun on those! we even built a whole industrial plant and shared resources, we went adventuring and got lost for a few days (real time) and we sucked oceans up with sponges and made volanoes.

When I first started playing Minecraft, I was constantly dying and couldn't figure out what I should do. I was eleven years old and I didn't play well, but I always tried to create something unusual, something that I could show my parents. My parents, unlike the parents of my friends, did not forbid me to play minecraft, but on the contrary encouraged this activity. I built more and more every year and built better and more beautiful buildings and structures. And now, I'm 20 years old and I'm studying to be an architect thanks to this wonderful game. I even built several of my projects in Minecraft and made a presentation in front of the entire audience in Minecraft!

Last edited:
When I first started playing Minecraft, I was constantly dying and couldn't figure out what I should do.
That's pretty much how my first time went as well lol, I was late into it, was around 2014 I started playing an honestly had no clue what to do, I belive my first house was a dirt hole in a moutian lol, of course now am building things like castles but it took a long time to get to there

i can’t remember when i started playing minecraft but i think i started playing around 2015 or early 2016 when i was 10. i started with pocket edition which is now known as bedrock edition, i got it because my brother’s friend played it and they wouldn’t stop talking about it. i can’t remember if i started the world or my brother did but i remember playing over LAN and we died a bunch of times and it took me multiple worlds to figure out what i was doing. i don’t play as much as i used to but i have moved on from bedrock to java edition, i no longer have my first world.

my brother and i also got the Wii U version of minecraft a long time ago and i get nostalgic whenever i remember playing on the tutorial world with him, we used to pretend to be minecraft youtubers and do cringey role plays. i also used to be a big fan of dantdm, he was a minecraft youtuber. i don’t watch him anymore, i think he does more games than minecraft. his channel audience used to be filled with kids but i guess he appeals to a wider audience now.

Nooooooo and it makes me so sad because I remember it so well. I saved it to a file save website and once I remembered it on my new computer that site had a data loss and my file got removed as well.

It wasn't that good though because an update turned my island into a snow terrain and it looked terrible, also the new chunks loaded and it looked terrible as well. But I loved working with the old landscape, it made me so creative.

My first world was a seed that supposedly had Herobrine in it and I would just do any myths that could make him appear.

My first Minecraft worlds were in the early Minecraft days on the Xbox 360—I don't think I ever deleted them so the files might still be on there, but I doubt they survived all the updates ahaha.
I think my first world was in Creative, but I just lived in some shallow sandy cave right next to a river with a dog and a large painting for decor. An Enderman stole a sand block and flooded my weird cave home, and I think I switched to Peaceful after that.
I'm fairly certain this next one was my second world, but I did play in it a lot more—it was a Peaceful Survival world, where I'd built up a misshapen wooden home and then fortified it with cobblestone. I think I had multiple dogs. I also built a very questionable brick cottage, and I think I had some sheep pens some distance away from it? All these were connected with railway systems. I definitely remember some "wolf accidentally getting dragged away by minecart" incidents.

I don’t have my first Minecraft world anymore as I sold my PS3. But I remember my first time playing Minecraft over at my cousin’s place. We built a tree house. It was a very special moment for me because I had never played a game like that before. The endless possibilities fascinated me. I can’t listen to Sweden without crying. Minecraft was the first and probably only game I felt really passionate about and spent years playing.

I remember playing Minecraft for the very first time and not knowing any of the controls. I started right in front of water and kept walking into it. I didn't know how to swim up, so I kept drowning over and over again. My first actual MC world was on my brother's PS3. I was so young and my sense of style was a 15-story house made of emeralds and diamonds. I put my 50 dogs and cats on the roof because I was obsessed with animals as a kid. It's been so so long since then, so sadly, that world is long gone. It would've been nice to see my first world again, though. I was also obsessed with summoning Entity 303 and Herobrine, so I would make supposed "summoning portals." Another thing I was obsessed with was the woman and pig painting. I put it all over the outside of my 15-story tall skyscraper lol.

I remember that my first house was not even made of earth! It seemed to be made of stone, and it even had a front door and several windows. The only thing was that the house looked like a square box... But anyways, it was super fun and interesting for me that times, and I really miss it. On the other hand, nowadays I play on minecraft pixelmon servers with thousands of mods that significantly change the game, and what is cool that I still enjoy playing this game because of modifications so that you always explore something new and face with new challenges!

Last edited:
Back