• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Your favorite horror towns?

twisty

tired.
Bells
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I'm working on my spooky town for Halloween, and would love to see some of your favorite horror towns for inspiration!! c: My personal fave horror town is Shachipanda, which scared the crap out of me the first time I played through it.

Aika is definitely a classic. It was the very first horror town I visited, and I did so at 4 am in real time, which made it all that much worse, lol. I didn't know that the theremin was even an item that existed at the time, so the room that had one hidden behind all the bookshelves really frightened me. The creativity of that town was what really made it exciting. Another town that I really love is called Promise (5700-5943-2478), and it's a post-apocalyptic setting that is done really well. Other than that, I know I've visited plenty of horror towns, but I don't remember the names of literally any of them. :c But, I'll make some suggestions anyway: if you're going to make a story, keep the story of your town understandable, but still a little bit mysterious. Try to make the visitor feel alone (thunderstorms or late at night are really good times for this). While Aika and Promise are a little desolate-looking, I think that making the town kind of lush can also create a feeling of isolation. Black or wilted flowers work really well. Weeds and trash scattered about can be a plus. As for the rooms, some of them should create a feeling of safety while still being unsettling, while others should aim to be outright creepy. Try to aim for a big scare in at least one or two rooms.

Aika is a favorite among most people and I love it too, but Shachipanda is awesome and really well made.

I don't have a horror town, but I will certainly visit yours and the other two mentioned here :)

I love Aika and Shachipanda. I lost count of how many times I've been to Aika.
I'll have to check out Promise sometime soon.

Aika definitely for me.

I was so spooked out that I didn't even finish walking around and had to watch it on youtube instead with the comfort of my friend LOL

Aika. Dont really get the town but it still creepsbthe f out of me. Especially those dollies.

i was looking up dream towns with lots of weeds for my weeding badge (rumor has it that it counts in dream towns...idk anymore) and i stumbled upon Aika village i saw it was the "creepiest town ever" so i looked it up on youtube and watched the video...god i was so freaked out i turned off my phone and was like "nope nope never goin there ever".

im a total coward when it comes to ghost stories too :)

Aaah, I still totally need to play through Aika! I've heard it's kind of a pain to navigate, though, due to all the pitfall traps.

There's one that's not necessarily a horror town, but has a cool, sort of spooky story!! It's called Fishburg, and is about a moon colony. The creator has a Tumblr that they update with the story. It has a really neat post-apocalyptic vibe! c:

Back