yeah thats cool and all BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO VILLAGERS GETTING SICK??

My best bet is that they got rid of this feature for the same reasons they made Resetti optional. Enough people complained about it. It was kind of a nice change of pace because villagers barely change up their daily schedule at all. It made them fell more lifelike and grounded.

But instead of little girls crying over Resetti's outbursts people were probably complaining about how long it took for a certain villager to not be sick and outside again.

zq87sDZ - Imgur.jpg
I don't miss having sick villagers.It wouldn't have been such a nuisance if the villagers were sick for just one day but if I remember correctly they'd be out of commission for three days just dragging their furry butts around their house with a mopey expression.I remember there was a way to miraculously "cure" a sick villager:When you started your game first thing and went around visiting your villagers and noticed one of them was ill,as long as you didn't speak to the sick animal you could TT several hours ahead and the villager would be good as new when you restarted your game.

I was curious, so I looked up why the sick villager feature was removed. Per the Animal Crossing wiki:

"In the Welcome amiibo update, villagers cannot get sick. This phase was removed due to a bug with the system which caused the villagers to move out without telling the player, as sickness interferes with pinging."

Nice to finally have a explanation of why they removed it, don't understand however why they
just didn't try to fix it? Or was it that hard to fix this problem and so they thought removing it
completely is easier?

I remember back then when the Welcome amiibo update came out that, I was confused about my
villagers, as no one got sick for a very long time. Before the update was a thing, I had at least one
villager per week who had to deal with being sick. When I then found out that they removed this,
I was in fact disappointed. Even if it was for some players annoying to deal with sick villagers, it
made them however more "alive" (not sure how else I should explain it). I at least never had a
problem with sick villagers at all. It's a shame that they removed it, hopefully, the villagers can
be sick again in the Switch game.

I miss that!! The medicine now is just for fixing your face when you get stung by bees. I miss giving an animal medicine and going to check on them and how thankful they were that you took care of them :(

I miss it too yeah. But lasting for 3 days felt a bit long, so I wish they fixed that into just a day instead of totally removing it from the game. :c

Genuinely forgot this was a feature until I saw this thread! I've been playing for a lil bit now and I've never had a villager get sick, I wonder if they removed it or if they just made it so it happen less frequently

It feels like a part of the game was taken away in my opinion. It's natural for living things to get ill once in a while. I miss this feature, and I'll never forget that you could get medicine from a sick villager if you were to get stung by bees. I actually still have the letter from one of my villagers regarding about their full recovery from their illlness.

Okay I just watched a YouTube video of a girl revisiting her town after 3 years I believe and when she opened her game, she had to update to Welcome Amiibo.. so in theory.. this feature shouldve been removed right?? But then she went into Midge's house and guess what?? SHE WAS SICK! How?? Unless theres another reason a villager is just staying in their house with the sad emote? The person didn't actually talk to Midge past the typical "where were you all this time?" dialogue so maybe she wasn't sick and there was another reason for her being sad.. but it was bizarre..

Okay I just watched a YouTube video of a girl revisiting her town after 3 years I believe and when she opened her game, she had to update to Welcome Amiibo.. so in theory.. this feature shouldve been removed right?? But then she went into Midge's house and guess what?? SHE WAS SICK! How?? Unless theres another reason a villager is just staying in their house with the sad emote? The person didn't actually talk to Midge past the typical "where were you all this time?" dialogue so maybe she wasn't sick and there was another reason for her being sad.. but it was bizarre..

Can you remember which video it was? Now that I think about it, someone told me once that
villagers still getting sick even after the Welcome amiibo update, but it's now very rare? Not
sure if this is true or not, like I said, after the update, I personally never had a sick villager
again. That's really a mystery for its own for sure.

Can you remember which video it was? Now that I think about it, someone told me once that
villagers still getting sick even after the Welcome amiibo update, but it's now very rare? Not
sure if this is true or not, like I said, after the update, I personally never had a sick villager
again. That's really a mystery for its own for sure.

It was by Little Shellder on YouTube. Her video titled Reacting to my Animal Crossing New Leaf town after 3 years. Not sure about the time stamp. I tried to find it but my fingers are too inaccurate on my mobile touch screen lol. But it's when she goes into Midge's house I believe. Midge was all sad.

It was by Little Shellder on YouTube. Her video titled Reacting to my Animal Crossing New Leaf town after 3 years. Not sure about the time stamp. I tried to find it but my fingers are too inaccurate on my mobile touch screen lol. But it's when she goes into Midge's house I believe. Midge was all sad.

Ah, thank you! I checked out the video (time stamp is 14:08 or 14:10, it's where she enters Midge's)
and in fact, Midge is (or more like was) sick! The YouTuber even said "Oh, she doesn't feel good!" so
that's a 100% confirmation that Midge is/was sick and with this, we have here a villager which is
sick even after the WA update was done. Hm, now the question is however: Was Midge already
sick before the YouTuber made the update and the game just "saved" Midge's illness (because in
the video, she's just about to discover the update) and the update didn't healed Midge's illness
immediately? Or can a villager still getting sick but it's now very rare and this YouTuber just got
luck to catch a sick villager after the WA update was done on camera? Ugh, that's such a dumb
mystery, Nintendo, why did you done this, lol.

Ah, thank you! I checked out the video (time stamp is 14:08 or 14:10, it's where she enters Midge's)
and in fact, Midge is (or more like was) sick! The YouTuber even said "Oh, she doesn't feel good!" so
that's a 100% confirmation that Midge is/was sick and with this, we have here a villager which is
sick even after the WA update was done. Hm, now the question is however: Was Midge already
sick before the YouTuber made the update and the game just "saved" Midge's illness (because in
the video, she's just about to discover the update) and the update didn't healed Midge's illness
immediately? Or can a villager still getting sick but it's now very rare and this YouTuber just got
luck to catch a sick villager after the WA update was done on camera? Ugh, that's such a dumb
mystery, Nintendo, why did you done this, lol.

oh my god i forgot about this thread until someone liked my post but this investigating is just the bee's knees and im all for it

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was curious, so I looked up why the sick villager feature was removed. Per the Animal Crossing wiki:

"In the Welcome amiibo update, villagers cannot get sick. This phase was removed due to a bug with the system which caused the villagers to move out without telling the player, as sickness interferes with pinging."

So I guess if I had to choose between taking care of a sick villager or potentially losing a villager I love because they didn't ping me, I'd rather not have sick villagers. It's still a shame that they couldn't find a way to fix the bug and had to remove the feature altogether, though.

Also, since you mentioned the UFO dialog, I see it all the time. In fact, Mint just pinged me and said it this morning. It only comes from snooty villagers, so maybe if you don't have many snooties, that's why you're not seeing it.

OH WOW THANK YOU FOR THIS. im so happy i came back to this thread or i would've never know this
i mean they could've taken the time to fix it but hearing how many people in this thread said it annoyed them anyways i guess thats another reason too. :'(

i knew it! but i wasn't sure! about to get me a snooty snot lady rn

I have many experiences with sick villagers
Freya,Tia,Peck in on of my towns got sick once.
Since that game i cant really update the game? So villagers can still get sick in that town

I was never able to experience a villager being sick, because I updated my first New Leaf town cartridge over to Welcome Amiibo, after hearing about how much content they added in the update.

I have seen screenshots of sick villagers on the internet, and that makes up for not being able to care for the villager's illness in the game since the removal in the update.

yeah, I miss having this in new leaf. I’m not saying I want my villager to be sick and miserable, but it was just so wholesome being able to care for them and having them thank you for being there for them. 💖💕 as others said, it provided more dialogue and interaction. ^-^

I’m glad they brought it back in new horizons <333

I kinda get why they had to remove it in this game, however. it caused a glitch where villagers were moving out without pinging you. I do wish they could’ve figured out how to fix the glitch rather than just removing sickness, though.

I wish that villager sickness had more depth to it than "I am sick, please buy medicine." Since New Horizons added cooking, it would be interesting if you could make them soup and perform other maintenance tasks to keep them comfortable. Also, let the non-villager NPC's get sick sometimes too.

I wish that villager sickness had more depth to it than "I am sick, please buy medicine." Since New Horizons added cooking, it would be interesting if you could make them soup and perform other maintenance tasks to keep them comfortable. Also, let the non-villager NPC's get sick sometimes too.
I don’t know if I would want non-villager NPCs to get sick because that could mess up certain businesses within the game, but I definitely agree with the first part about making villagers soup 💖💕

Back