• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Would you die early with honor, or have a long life but die lonely?

Short and honorable. I always liked the idea of dying young.

Psshh... Only the good die young.

Anyways, I'd rather live out my life alone like a hermit than live it up with a bunch of friends then suddenly be like, okay bye forever, it was fun! :D

MEH depends. If by young you mean like 40/50 then sure.
if it means 20/30 then hell no.

If the stuff that's about to take place in the world happens this century then I'd rather die short with honor. I'm not going to talk about what I mean by 'stuff' since it's religious and political. I've already had a lot of excitement in my life though already.

Last edited:
ive actually thought about this a lot
i am an introverted person, but i dont want to end up alone in the end. all i need is like one person.
and i dont ever want to be old ... the thought scares me

Die alone. I'm a loner anyway, cooped up in my room with my Guinea Pig.

I'm Japanese, that pretty much speaks for itself.

Wouldn't mind dying just before I'm over the hill. Can't really see myself enjoying old age..

I'd rather have a quick and easy death in my sleep while I'm still young than suffer in pain from failing health when I'm old.

My disease affords me a 26-30 year life expectancy on average, so I'd wager I have at least six more years guaranteed to me. What is important to me is pushing the expectancy and making the most of a short life by making a difference to other people. I can only say honor in the sense I'd want to leave happiness for my onlookers.

My disease affords me a 26-30 year life expectancy on average, so I'd wager I have at least six more years guaranteed to me. What is important to me is pushing the expectancy and making the most of a short life by making a difference to other people. I can only say honor in the sense I'd want to leave happiness for my onlookers.

I don't know what your disease is, but may that's awesome in your case. :)

I just have had some relatives with dementia (you know, when you over time forget who you are and who other people are and how to take care of yourself) and some that had suffered from strokes and other diseases that left them in a lot of pain the last several years of their life. I don't want that.

I'm Japanese, that pretty much speaks for itself.

In that case you're definitely going to die with honor. I was reading a book about World War II and it said Japanese families with nothing but a gardening rake would rush into battle. It's sad that they died, but I respect people like that a lot.

Last edited:
In that case you're definitely going to die with honor. I was reading a book about World War II and it said Japanese families with nothing but a gardening rake would rush into battle. It's sad that they died, but I respect people like that a lot.

I think it's called origami or some ****

I personally believe that everything we do in life is motivated by the necessity to distract us from death; I would rather not die "alone," if alone means total isolation. If you still have the internet, while it would be sad at times, I prefer the longer lifespan.

Living entirely without the interactions of another human being would be difficult. I wouldn't even have fanfiction or books to distract me from how alone I truly was.

If you want to dive more into it, like most people, I want my life to have some value to it; something to immortalize me. Immortality in the sense not of fame, but, so long as you remain in somebody's memory, you still have some form of physical existence. (Memories are quite literally arrangements neural pathways within somebody's brain. So, technically "you" exist in some sense of the term.) In dying alone, I strip my life of not only any significance that it may or may not have had in the first place? as nobody would be affected by my existence? but I, too, would not be remembered, nor would I have something to console me in the final minutes of my life. Dying alone scares me; death does not.

Last edited:
I personally believe that everything we do in life is motivated by the necessity to distract us from death; I would rather not die "alone," if alone means total isolation. If you still have the internet, while it would be sad at times, I prefer the longer lifespan.

Living entirely without the interactions of another human being would be difficult. I wouldn't even have fanfiction or books to distract me from how alone I truly was.

If you want to dive more into it, like most people, I want my life to have some value to it; something to immortalize me. Immortality in the sense not of fame, but, so long as you remain in somebody's memory, you still have some form of physical existence. (Memories are quite literally arrangements neural pathways within somebody's brain. So, technically "you" exist in some sense of the term.) In dying alone, I strip my life of not only any significance that it may or may not have had in the first place— as nobody would be affected by my existence— but I, too, would not be remembered, nor would I have something to console me in the final minutes of my life. Dying alone scares me; death does not.

This is interesting to me. For me personally, it's more the death that scares me and not the dying alone. As selfish as it sounds, the thing that scares me most about death is that I wouldn't have got all that I wanted to out of my life by the time that it happens. I don't necessarily want to live a long life, although, I wouldn't mind dying lonely. I'm a very solitary person for the most part. It'd be nice to have such an impact on another's life that you're immortalised in their memory but that isn't a priority for me.

Back