• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst commercials you've ever seen?

I live in Mexico, and by far the worst ads are the ones the government puts out to try and encourage people to vote.

The commercials for that FarmersOnly dating website always make me laugh, lol.

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW ADVERT OF THE CHAMELEONS DANCING, IT'S THE BEST-WORST ADVERT I'VE EVER SEEN

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW ADVERT OF THE CHAMELEONS DANCING, IT'S THE BEST-WORST ADVERT I'VE EVER SEEN

seen it like twice. my mother began uncontrollably laughing (she has a very "random" sense of humour)

Last edited:
I wanted to bump this thread instead of making a new one as I love complaining about terrible commercials.

One of my biggest annoyances regarding commercials on TV is when people sing, usually out-of-key, or take a popular song and ruin it by inserting their own stupid lyrics. Right now, I wanted to share a few singing ads currently playing on TV that I think are horrible:
  • Kars-4-Kids: If you watch TV or listen to FM radio regularly, then you definitely know what this is. It’s kids singing their jingle, and two equally bad renditions exist. The TV version has horrible autotune applied to the kid’s voice, making him sound incredibly stale. The radio version isn’t as strong on the autotune, but the kid in that version has a higher-pitch voice, and thus is more annoying. It doesn’t help that the commercial doesn’t explain exactly where the donations go to, and as of this post, just advertise a free vacation if you donate your car. Where to? They don’t tell you. Also, kids can’t drive by themselves until they’re 16, so the company’s name is dumb in that regard.
  • Verizon Holiday Carolers: What’s worse than carolers appearing randomly on your porch and bugging you? When they advertise something at the same time. Right now, there’s one where carolers randomly appear and sing about the iPhone 15 Pro, made of titanium (‘cause every new iPhone has to advertise a single brand new feature on every ad and nothing else, and this sarcastic remark comes from an actual iPhone user), on the nation’s fastest 5G network, and they’ll take your trade in any condition. At this point, you may as well sing the fine print. I’d actually be interested if they sang that.
  • Etsy “Mission: Impossible”: This one is extra annoying, and has got to the point where I’ve gotta mute it every time it comes on. Why in the world would you take a classic instrumental TV theme song, and add terrible lyrics that don’t even match syllable-wise? This is a textbook example of how NOT to bring back a classic theme song.
  • Any pharmaceutical ad that features Pilot’s “Magic”: A one-hit wonder from a forgotten pop band in 1974, it’s been ruined for me forever because of both Selena Gomez and the endless amount of pharmaceutical commercials that alter the lyrics to mention their drug. One that I know off the top of my head goes, “Oh, oh, ooh, Ozempic!”. The next time I hear that lyric and it has something other than “Magic”, I’m going to scream in my pillow.
There’s probably annoying ads on YouTube that are equally as bad, but I run dual adblockers on Chrome because I’m that guy. Maybe it’s for the best if I didn’t find out.

I hate car commercials that don't even start with the car. Like... car commercials in general aren't tolerable for me, but the ones where it's just like insert [x] and then somehow it goes to being a car commercial? Here's an example from a decade ago, but there's definitely been some guilty ones in recent years. Just can't find them off the top of my head.

EDIT: Like WTF is this?!?

Last edited:
This is weird but I have a special hatred for this one commercial that aired a handful of years ago where Reese Witherspoon says “I got you this cute decanter!” in a really perky voice. What drove me the most insane about this commercial is that it sounded like she was saying “cure to cancer” and it was like being let down every time.
Watching it again knowing what to expect, it is not that bad. But hearing it every day got old really fast.

Worse yet, is those Cricket Wireless commercials with those ugly characters like bootleg hatsune miku.
B1435A2A-BEB4-4916-8A59-9B0BA661F545.jpeg

Emoji movie lookin ass.

And even worse is that phone plan one with the emojis. Some emojis I’m ok with, and I can’t stop people/don’t hate people for using them. But I kinda get grossed out by a lot of them (weird sensory issue I have) and I loathe when companies use them. They’re like a trend that never dies. When will it die?

Oh, and how could I forget Nothing is Everything? If you know, you know. If you don’t, be grateful you have never encountered this horrendous earworm!

Last edited:
I've been starting to become real annoyed by pharmaceutical ads. I don't know why, but they've been all over TV and the radio lately. Almost all of them target the elderly, so none of them even apply to me. What annoys me the most is when they read off the side effects that take up at least half of the ad's duration, and of course, one of said side effects is straight up death. It really doesn't help that you can't even pronounce the names of these drugs either, and most of them require a doctor's subscription, so there's no point in advertising them constantly in the first place.

When I listen to sports radio, I hear a bunch of betting ads, but that actually makes sense since sports betting is legal in Michigan if you're 21 and present. Meanwhile, it makes absolute no sense to hear three pharmaceutical ads in a row. They really only belong in the middle of daytime commercial breaks when retired people are most likely watching TV.

*I don’t like the creepy Dupixent ad with the girl in a leotard. Also, the Dupixent whistling theme in general.

*Currently, that Nordstrom Rack ad on YouTube they play all the time. That song is much too catchy. And why does the grandma have to get slippers and a blanket?? A lot of young people like that gift too….

*Any ad for mental health medication upsets me for some reason.

I should also say, I used to LOVE watching bad commercials/infomercials on YouTube and here are some of my “so-bad-they’re-funny” picks:

*The Better Marriage Blanket (It absorbs farts. Allegedly.)

*Sauna Pants

*Hawaii Chair

*Magic Toilet Wand

*Some mini-golf course you can play while pooping in the bathroom.

*The entire Magic Bullet Series, with all the goofy characters, including the lady who always has an unlit cigarette in her mouth.

*Some towel that’s cut to dry BETWEEN your toes.

*Redi-Set-Go Express

*The Snuggie

*Nads (“I walked into the bathroom and said…”YOU HAVE NADS?!” 😂 An actual quote.)

*Perfect Pancake

*Lap n’ Snack

*Snackeez

*Carpet Skates

LMAO, I remember this. It was so dumb to be honest, as if not drinking milk will cause your arms to detach from your body. :LOL:
I forgot all about it until I had to convert vhs home movies for someone in my family that wanted them on flash drives. Someone had taped over some parts to record shows. I forgot how wild the commercials were and that was one of them lol. I'm pretty sure it was my cousin because they taped Pokemon and Ed Edd and Eddy lol.

Back