• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Worst Candy to get on Halloween

Which candy is the worst to get on Halloween?

• candy corn

Votes: 46 27.5%
  • Tootsie Roll

Votes: 35 21.0%
  • Smarties

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • bubble gum

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Whoppers

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Good & Plenty

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • jawbreakers

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • not candy

Votes: 54 32.3%
  • non-edibles

Votes: 61 36.5%

• Total voters
Those popcorn balls. Ugh, they're the absolute worst, closely followed by licorice and Baby Ruth's

Stuff with nuts, duh I'm allergic.

Also gumdrops.. I can't really eat them for some reason because I throw up.

Also.. when people buy randoms candy even though they know you don't like/can't eat it.

Honestly? Most candy. I don't go trick-or-treating anymore, but even when I was a kid I remember eating the chocolate bars and the tootsie rolls, and trashing everything else. I honestly preferred the cool plastic spiders and whatnot.

But if I had to pick any one scourge it would be candy corn. It's cute, but it tastes so fake.

Candy corn is a plague that must be eliminated

Agreed! Right as I saw candy corns as the first option I just had to vote that as I can't stand them at all. I'm more into chocolate stuff though so I'm typically picky when it comes to candies that don't involve chocolate somehow

In my neighborhood growing up, we had neighbors across the street who, every year, handed out tiny comic books about these kids meeting and then warding off Satan.

...Other than that, I always hated the 'off-brand' candies, you'll always get some (I've never liked Willy Wonka candy either), but the best will always be stuff like Reese's, Tootsie Pops, Kit-Kats...Sadly no more trick-or-treating for me until I have a kid and can take the candy from him/her, since my little sister is 12 now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Agreed! Right as I saw candy corns as the first option I just had to vote that as I can't stand them at all. I'm more into chocolate stuff though so I'm typically picky when it comes to candies that don't involve chocolate somehow

I saw one of those aggressive Tumblr posts that said something like "OMG IF YOU HATE CANDY CORN JUST GIVE IT TO ME I'LL EAT IT ALL WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU"
It's always been one of the most disgusting things I could imagine...

In my neighborhood growing up, we had neighbors across the street who, every year, handed out tiny comic books about these kids meeting and then warding off Satan.

That's neat! I wished my neighbors gave me comics during my old Halloween hunts. How is that comic called? Do you have it? Did he get in trouble for giving satanic graphic novels to small children?

Popcorn. I just don't get why people give it away for Halloween

Non-edibles
I mean like come on Halloween is the holiday where you can get fat and fricking enjoy doing so.
Duh_duh_duh.gif

That's neat! I wished my neighbors gave me comics during my old Halloween hunts. How is that comic called? Do you have it? Did he get in trouble for giving satanic graphic novels to small children?

Ahaha it was this older couple, luckily they were fairly nice people the few times I saw them (as everyone knows people who are pretty extreme about their religion aren't usually pleasant), however it was the same comic every year, but I live elsewhere now and everything so I wouldn't have one unforunately. But I'll always remember them, I remember the devil would appear and the kids said something like "You can't hurt us!...."Because Jesus IS God!" things like that. Maybe I made it seem cooler than it was haha. I'd say 'why are you handing those out to kids on Halloween' but it's obvious why.

Last edited:
I heard a story once where a kid had a pin or something odd and sharp in a Kit Kat bar. I didn't eat Kit Kat's for awhile after that Halloween or not. o-o

Back