Words you can't -reeeally- spell

one of my big ones used to be exercise... but now i remember that by saying it a funny way (exer-key-say). sometimes to be funny my friend and i would mispronounce words like that and i happened to do it with that word once and now that's now i remember it.

i can never remember how to spell Massachusetts. had to use autocorrect with that one.
simultaneously sometimes gets me, too.

one of my big ones used to be exercise... but now i remember that by saying it a funny way (exer-key-say). sometimes to be funny my friend and i would mispronounce words like that and i happened to do it with that word once and now that's now i remember it.

i can never remember how to spell Massachusetts. had to use autocorrect with that one.
simultaneously sometimes gets me, too.

Yeah all those long state names with lots of one letter I have to spellcheck always haha

I thought dilemma was spelled as dillemna until a few months ago.

I'm a horrible speller, ngl, but one of the worst ones is amendment for me. I always think that it's spelled as ammendment, which is not good considering that I'm in APUSH and use the word a lot in my papers. My poor teacher always has to correct it and docks points off >.<

Not a word, so much as a name: I find Christina Aguilera's name hard to spell if I'm feeling dopey that day.

I used to have the most trouble spelling necessary until I heard this little tip while listening to the radio a few months back:

Think of a shirt. A shirt has 1 collar and 2 sleeves.

1 C and 2 S. Necessary!

Disappointing / disappointment / disappointed / Disappoint

For some reason, I keep putting a double s.
Autocorrect helped me spell them on this thread. :(

Onamontapeia (very difficult to spell correctly, much less say correctly)

Last edited:
i pretty much know the spelling of all words (obviously commonly used ones) but i do have to always think about "occasion," meaning i know it's double c and single s but when i write it i have to slow down to make sure that's what im writing

I used to be really good at spelling almost every word but for some reason now, that’s changed. Heavily. The words I have the most trouble with are the “disappoint” family (for some reason I always do a double s), tomorrow is a really hard one for me too, because I’m always inclined to do a double m. There’s a lot more that I can’t think of right now, but in other words, many years of repression, poor mental health, and being bullied in school made me less eager to learn until I all around dropped out and got my GED instead. I want to be knowledgable, and learn, but it’s hard when you have a jumbled brain. Chronic health conditions have also made it hard to focus on going back to school (I really want to go to an art college, or get into the field of psychology but it’s definitely a difficult path). Hopefully soon, I can work up the nerve to re-motivate myself in my endeavors :)

I'm with gagtxt. I often mess up restaurant by trying to spell it restaraunt instead. The sound of the word is what throws me off, since it sounds like the 'au' is at the end.

Back