• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Woodworking

Xianders

Bells
I know, the forum is certainly not suitable for this, but I will try. Are you interested in woodworking or something similar? Post your work here.

What a coincidence, recently applied to a job in woodworking that ended up being too far away haha! But yeah, it is a great and very skillful hobby to have! Something about seeing it come together and knowing you did it yourself is really rewarding. I have not made anything since I moved so nothing to post unfortunately.

Last edited:
I personally don't know how to do woodworking, but I do think it would be a cool hobby to learn and potentially build my own furniture with it. :)

i don't know anything about it but i'd love to learn so i can make my own Halloween props/monsters. i envy people who can do 3d stuff.

Yep- I've done woodworking before! Only some small projects over the summer with extra wood pieces we never stacked/used for staining. Carving with a pocket knife outside in nice weather is relaxing.

I used to have a woodworking class during middle school. while it was cool I didn't bother touching the machines as there was no adult supervision and the teacher never kept on eye on us while we worked in the back of the class. He would say to be careful and I was like f that. I had my friends do the cutting and stuff. All I did was sand that thing down.

I've done it in middle school as a quarter elective. Luckily no one cut their fingers off. Someone almost did. *cough, me*

I never did it, but my father is a master at it. He's always complaining about how his dowell jig is constantly breaking so I'm going to buy him a set here. I hope I'm buying a good tool.

Last edited:
did wood work and something terrible happened.
In Year 9, i was filing wood and i didn't know i was filing the area between my index finder and thumb. after i realized, it was bleeding. Luckily I didnt need stitches...

Last edited:
Yep- I've done woodworking before! Only some small projects over the summer with extra wood pieces we never stacked/used for staining. Carving with a pocket knife outside in nice weather is relaxing.

Same here. I had a woodworking class too and I was very afraid to use machines. But since my dad got a decent track saw like this I'm now okay with that. I managed to make some wooden shelves and other stuff in my house.

did wood work and something terrible happened.
In Year 9, i was filing wood and i didn't know i was filing the area between my index finder and thumb. after i realized, it was bleeding. Luckily I didnt need stitches...

Ouch. But if you're dealing with wood and saw you should be extra cautious. But I must admit I have a few scratches because of it too...

Last edited:
Back