Windows OSs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicdude41

Bells
Did you know that Windows existed all the way back in 1985? It's true! I just decided to search some screenshots using Windows Live Search, and I decided to view them. I have to say, Windows 1.x looks very primitive...

:p But it's understandable, as computers began to develop then.

As far as Microsoft-made operating systems are concerned, I don't think I've ever used anything earlier than Windows 95 as far as I can remember. The only computers I had available to me all that time ago used RISC OS.

What, an Intel 80386 CPU? Can't say I have; the computers I used made use of the ARM ISA as opposed to the x86 one.

@ Zelandonia: No, I haven't actually... Could you give me screenshots?

@ KatzMotel: Really? I haven't used anything earlier than Windows 95 myself, but I seemed to learn a little bit about the Windows history in the last year. That's how I know Windows existing in '85.

Super_Sonic said:
@ KatzMotel: Really? I haven't used anything earlier than Windows 95 myself, but I seemed to learn a little bit about the Windows history in the last year. That's how I know Windows existing in '85.
Nope, like I said: RISC OS. Hahaha, that was so damn awesome.

Come to think of it, I think a friend of mine has an ancient Amstrad computer gathering dust somewhere. We were planning to get it up and running again someday.

:p

The only computer that old that I think I used was the one in my forth grade classroom, the kind that took floppy disks that actually were floppy..... don't know what that was though....

But what can you expect of old computers, it is a field now growing exponentially but it had to start somewhere

:p

Remember in the 1960's the computers were huge, and it was thought no one would have them, except for the government and universities, yet they made them smaller and smaller, until now I can have a device like an graphing calculator that has the computing capabilities of some of the first giant vacuum tube computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back