• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
Actually not very sure about getting the dlc, looks neat but I wasn't much of a fan of the 'Happy Home Designer' game... and it bothers me a little that I have to pay extra money to finally be able to change the homes of my permanent villagers 😟

Can you guys help me out, I'm suuuuper excited for this but I'm confused about the small print. Unless I'm understanding incorrectly on the Happy Home Paradise screen it said that an online subscription is required to get the DLC? If that's true I might just cry because at this point there is no use I would get out of a subscription and I would basically be throwing that money at nothing??

I'm hoping I'm wrong because I would totally buy the DLC since it's basically a built-in Happy Home Designer! Yay!

Can you guys help me out, I'm suuuuper excited for this but I'm confused about the small print. Unless I'm understanding incorrectly on the Happy Home Paradise screen it said that an online subscription is required to get the DLC? If that's true I might just cry because at this point there is no use I would get out of a subscription and I would basically be throwing that money at nothing??

I'm hoping I'm wrong because I would totally buy the DLC since it's basically a built-in Happy Home Designer! Yay!

It can be purchased standalone for 24.99 or it's accessible through the new premium Nintendo Online Subscription (can't remember what they are calling it or how much it costs).

I LOOOOOOVE HHD so I was overjoyed to see this!!! Especially building facilities and seeing the animals use them. I am curious though, if you don't own HHD then you can't squeeze through 1/2 square spaces? Interesting if that gets applied in multiplayer, not that it would be hard but it's a funny thought that they'd be specifying who can or can't squeeze through gaps.

I'm not sure if the gameplay interest me but I loveeee the furniture and the partitions, so yeah I will lol

Sadly, yes. Nintendo can take more money off of me. The "extra design features on your island" convinced me.

I’ll buy it standalone maybe, but lol I just watched the NSO Expansion deal and it costs $50. Why they’re including the DLC with the new NSO deal is bonkers for $50, may as well just buy the DLC alone.

Can you guys help me out, I'm suuuuper excited for this but I'm confused about the small print. Unless I'm understanding incorrectly on the Happy Home Paradise screen it said that an online subscription is required to get the DLC?
No, it isn't required! Only some parts of the DLC will require a NSO subscription (so far it seems limited to just uploading your homes from the Happy Home Network app online), but most of it should be available to play offline!

I enjoyed Happy Home Designer at the time but I won't be getting this sequel, by the time I'm done with the update stuff I'm pretty sure I will be all decorated out. I have enough trouble stressing over my own houses layout, nevermind anyone elses.

I may purchase it for the new furniture and new design abilities that we can bring to our island but I'm not a fan of hhd for whatever reason. Never got into that game.
Same. I never really cared about designing villager’s homes. I like having them being able to design their own interior. It gives them a sense of uniqueness and I want them to be able to express themselves, even if Goldie has a bonfire in her living room.

I'm not sure yet. I don't care for decorating, but some of the features sound interesting.

It can be purchased standalone for 24.99 or it's accessible through the new premium Nintendo Online Subscription (can't remember what they are calling it or how much it costs).
Thanks... that's what I originally understood so I'm hoping that's what the small-print meant. But these days I'm a bit weary of Nintendo and their tactics.

I definitely want it. The question is more would I only need to buy it once. I have two islands under different Nintendo accounts because I wanted to be sure I could backup my second island. Now the DLC complicates matters because I would love it for both of my islands. As well as the other player characters I made on profiles without Nintendo accounts. I can only buy it once for the foreseeable future, so depending on how it works I'll have to carefully pick which island will get it.

No, it isn't required! Only some parts of the DLC will require a NSO subscription (so far it seems limited to just uploading your homes from the Happy Home Network app online), but most of it should be available to play offline!
But you would still need WiFi (not NSO) to download the update itself.

I’m happy to see so many peoples fear of what the DLC could be was put to rest.
It’s honestly amazing and a very good use for DLC. Doesn’t ruin anyones gameplay who doesn’t get it but enhances the gameplay for people who do. Reasonably priced (getting a whole other game tbh since it’s just hhd but better) and everything

also happy to see that my dream of going to different themed islands was somewhat realized in how different the yards are. Here’s to hoping we get an exploration dlc in the future :)

Thanks! I'm so exciteddddd

yeah, though it being paid dlc is kinda my only complaint for this update

not because of it costing money specifically, but because the design tricks gained from it could only be used for x switch profile the dlc is tied under. meaning unless I set up multiple eshop accounts to buy this dlc 8 times, I could only do the additional decor options with one of my character's homes. unless they give us a way to remodel other resident players homes like we'll get to do with our non-human neighbors homes

oh nooooooo you’re right. DANG IT. This direct was great, but it also finalized the sad truth that we are never getting more villagers or buildings for our empty islands, which was far and away my biggest hope. I comforted myself by saying I’d finally make a few other player characters to create some gorgeous public buildings with the new features, but……. I bet……..we can’t do that. This is kind of a blow. Especially since Nintendo HAS to know that almost all secondary accounts would have been created by the same person who paid for the DLC.

Yep! Take my money! I was always able and willing to pay for extra content, but as it happens I think that was a very reasonable price, especially given all you get from it. For those who can't/don't get it though, there's still so much you're getting too, so I hope nobody feel downhearted about it today x

I have a question, with so much new and nice furniture for the dlc--- did you see the potted plants??? --- how long would it take for us to acquire them all? Is it the same as at nooks with the base game, that you get them slowly and eventually? And, perhaps go through nookazon of items you need urgently?

Back