• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
Most definitely!!! 👍
(even though I'm not that great at designing, like almost everyone else in this community seem to be 😋)

I don’t know. I’m gonna wait until the update or data mines are out before I start considering buying the update.

I didn’t have an interest in HHD when it first came out, so I doubt that it’ll happen again. However, the new items (especially the plant that was shown) and room dividers might make me reconsider.

Absolutely yes for the villager home customization alone. Everything else is the icing on the cake.

Nah. At least not for $24.99 (which is always more expensive when it comes over to England). The original HH is super cheap, so I'd prefer to wait it out and see if it gets discounted. If it doesn't, no biggie, it's not a priority for me.

....Although, if they ever released some sort of physical item, like an Amiibo figure, that comes with the DLC included....

Oh, absolutely! I love the original Happy Home Designer and ever since we got the datamined hints about a similar thing for New Horizons, I've been really excited. Happy Home Paradise looks incredible (and Niko looks so adorable 😭), and I love how the perks carry over to our own island!! I feel like I'm going to need to level up my interior design skills to fully utilize all the cool new features we're getting, like the partition walls, pillars, counters... I've also got the Amiibo cards for my New Leaf dreamies, and I'm really looking forward to designing homes for all of them in HHP!
And I'm especially hyped that it'll give us the ability to eventually redesign our villagers' homes on our main island!!! ;u; I have so many ideas for that already.

I really enjoyed Happy Home Designer, but I did always think a downside of it is that it was a standalone game. Having those features integrated into NH is amazing. I'm definitely going to buy this!

Yes!! I was a little on the fence when it looked like it was just gonna be a more fleshed out Happy Home Designer, but that we can bring home techniques like the partitions, and eventually change the homes of our own villagers is so so cool, I am definitely picking this up.

Yes I’ll buy it, I loved HHD and hope this dlc will improve and add on a few things of it!

I wonder, I asked this on Twitter already: how will Nintendo prevent players from trading dlc items?

I said from the very beginning they should sell a HHD DLC expansion, and I'd happily pay for it.

Absolutely yes. I loved HHD on the 3DS and this looks like a new and improved version of that which is a dream come true. I was always hoping we would get a new HHD but this is even better because we can take back the furniture we own to our islands and even invite our villagers to create a resort home.

YES!

My kids and I are SO jazzed about it! Especially my middle daughter, as the update and HHP come out on her birthday! <3

im not sure atm since i dont collect amiibos, it doesnt seem like you will get as much out of it without them.. but it would be nice to get some of the new features. i will probably end up paying for it, but i dont want to just lock myself into buying every paid dlc they offer just because it gives more features... idk. (obviously buying it wouldnt mean i have to buy the future ones but i think i might feel obligated to so that i can have the full game) i dont even use my online subscription anymore but you need it for the decorating so idk if i want to lock myself into a third year of subscription just to pay for more dlc which i may not end up using much. if the paid dlc came with the option to silence the in game music i would get it for sure lol. i wonder how much more paid dlc they intend to introduce

at first i was kind of saying no but then i heard that you could take things like wall partitions into the regular game and now im like:

not because of it costing money specifically, but because the design tricks gained from it could only be used for x switch profile the dlc is tied under. meaning unless I set up multiple eshop accounts to buy this dlc 8 times, I could only do the additional decor options with one of my character's homes. unless they give us a way to remodel other resident players homes like we'll get to do with our non-human neighbors homes

Island data is saved to the Switch, not the profile. I think it would be there for all residents.

yeah! but can someone explain to me how the dlc works if i get the family subscription of the expansion pack? do i get the dlc permanently, or will i lose access if i cancel the subscription next year?

I definitely am! I'm actually surprised at the poll results because I remember the large majority of people saying they'd be VERY against paid DLC. I wonder what changed their minds. Just the good looking content?

I think because most of the updates have been pretty lackluster, people were afraid they’d say “well, we gave you all the free updates, like diving and holidays, for two years like we promised! Now give us extra money for anything actually decent.”

Getting a lot of very cool content for free probably warmed people up to the DLC portion, and the DLC isn’t something most people would say SHOULD have been in the game from the beginning. Instead, they’re basically bundling in a second, smaller game for a very reasonable price. That’s what made me an enthusiastic yes, at least.

Yeah, I'm gettin' it. 25 bucks is cheaper than HHD at launch and it looks like it has even more content than the previous entry. I like that it's a DLC instead of a standalone too. TBH, HHD could've been dlc for NL as well. It always felt a tiny bit half-baked to me.

Island data is saved to the Switch, not the profile. I think it would be there for all residents.

I want to believe this, but they already arbitrarily locked all the landscaping features behind the “island rep” title, so they clearly have no problem tying major game features to an isolated account. Just because they all share the same island doesn’t mean players all share the same abilities. Hope I’m wrong, though! I’ve longed to make my own public buildings using additional characters since release.

im not sure atm since i dont collect amiibos, it doesnt seem like you will get as much out of it without them.. but it would be nice to get some of the new features. i will probably end up paying for it, but i dont want to just lock myself into buying every paid dlc they offer just because it gives more features... idk. (obviously buying it wouldnt mean i have to buy the future ones but i think i might feel obligated to so that i can have the full game) i dont even use my online subscription anymore but you need it for the decorating so idk if i want to lock myself into a third year of subscription just to pay for more dlc which i may not end up using much. if the paid dlc came with the option to silence the in game music i would get it for sure lol. i wonder how much more paid dlc they intend to introduce

If this is like classic HHD you do not need amiibo; villagers will randomly show up for requests. From the trailer it looks like it works the same as the old version with random villagers just hanging in the plaza with thought bubbles. In the part they talk about amiibo invites they seem to phrase it in a way that supports how amiibo used to work in HHD in the past. Amiibo used to just let you immediately design for a specific villager without having to rely on RNG to have them show up.​

Back