• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
As someone that was afraid of paid dlc from the start, yes I’ll be purchasing it!

It’s literally just Happy Home Designer but in an island setting, a whole spin-off game, as an expansion to the mainline game and for a fair price at that. That’s exactly how paid dlc should be handled!

Yeah, paid DLC is okay as long as it's an expansion pack. Expansion packs are usually paid for because they add new gameplay.

Yes! I already was going to buy it before I knew the price, and now I think I'm suddenly getting $200 soon, so I'm ready to spend money!

yeah, though it being paid dlc is kinda my only complaint for this update

not because of it costing money specifically, but because the design tricks gained from it could only be used for x switch profile the dlc is tied under. meaning unless I set up multiple eshop accounts to buy this dlc 8 times, I could only do the additional decor options with one of my character's homes. unless they give us a way to remodel other resident players homes like we'll get to do with our non-human neighbors homes

Did they already say anywhere that it's going to work like that?

I do agree it sounds possible it will function like this, but I could see it tied to the Island as opposed to profile too? Especially since NH uses the weird shared island tech. I know online play can only be used by the profile who owns NSO but that at least makes more sense to me than gating the DLC like that. The Switch is marketed as a family console and I find the thought bizarre they would expect multi-children families to throw in 50+ bucks to get all the kiddos the DLC... Sounds almost scam-y to me...? At least with NSO they have the family plan going.​

Someday, maybe, but not right-away. I've no disposable income for the next year due to undertaking postgraduate study 2021-22. It does look fun though!

I’ve never played HHD before. I’ve never been super big on room designing so maybe this will be a chance for me to experience that without paying the price of a new game. But we’ll see, I definitely won’t be getting it right away. I’ll wait and see what people have to say about it first. Actually I forgot I’m currently on a family subscription with my sisters so if they end up paying for the Nintendo online + expansion I guess I’ll be getting it sooner than later. Glad they decided to include it in new horizons rather than a whole new game and I’m loving all the extra content it includes.

HHD was so fun, and when we started speculating a new AC on the Switch, I really hoped that HHD would be implemented in it somehow because I feel like it would really spice up the game. And now here we are.

I will buy it first chance I can get (when I have an income again. *crosses fingers that it will be soon*)

Yes, I'm using my brithday money to get me this and the cards.

Wait does anyone know if the Happy Home Paradise works for multiple accounts?

I definitely am! I'm actually surprised at the poll results because I remember the large majority of people saying they'd be VERY against paid DLC. I wonder what changed their minds. Just the good looking content?

I'm not the best at designing but i think getting a different space to experiment will be fun, the design tools should make it less daunting, it's easier to erase. For 25 dollars it's a whole side-game and a lot of stuff to diversify the main island with, I'm so happy!

i'm definitely getting it (and i plan on buying it for my girlfriend too as a birthday present lol.) i loved HHD, so the fact this paid DLC is essentially literally just an entirely new HHD game squeezed into new horizons with features that actively benefit the main game makes it absolutely worth it to me. honestly, those partition walls alone make it worth the price imo

i bought happy home designer second-hand a few years ago and it entertained me maybe for 2-3 months, i wont be buying this becuase its pretty similar and i cant justify spending money huhu

I absolutely will. As far as I'm concerned it's already bought and paid for.

Most definitely! There is so much in it, not just to do the Happy Home Paradise activities, but new items and new ways to decorate your home. I also think the price is quite reasonable for something like this!

I'm holding out hope for a physical copy, but I doubt there would be one. I'll still ask my local retailer though, so I won't purchase the digital copy yet.

I have loved HHD so I am definitely getting this. Even all the extra features are worth getting it. I was honestly surprised at this part. I’m excited for it.

I'm seriously considering it. Probably further into the future and not right at release. Still shaking from that Direct though..oh it was too good

I definitely am! I'm actually surprised at the poll results because I remember the large majority of people saying they'd be VERY against paid DLC. I wonder what changed their minds. Just the good looking content?
I remember a lot of people saying the same thing, hence why I thought it might be interesting to see a poll! I do think it's because they handled this quite well in terms of its actual use in the game, plus we're all suckers for cute new furniture and the ability to have more creative freedom. I'd imagine if it had been something with a lot less content, or even something less integrated into the game and more just a fun bonus thing (e.g. maybe if the design perks weren't available on your own island) people would think more seriously before buying it

Absolutely i am, i just need to get my hands on amiibo cards specially the NPC players and its going to hurt my head to figure how to get them 💔. I really want to make Toom N, Tortimier, Isabelle etc homes

Back