Will you be getting it?

I don't know if I'll get it.

I want more information.

From what I've seen or read (so far), it looks like "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" Meets Home & Garden Television.

Last edited:
I'm very disappointed with the description. I'll probably buy it because I am so crazy about Animal Crossing, but I don't expect to like it one bit.

It looks like they wanted to put something out related to AC but not do a whole game out of it, they should have made this a part of a new game and not just a little only home decorating no interaction spinoff while they get a real game, then buying cards and if old 3dsxl scanner add on...it's just a money taker if it eliminates all other game aspects...then just no...so sad they would do that make a supplemental extra that eliminates the tasks and interaction that make the game...I don't know about this one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did not watch the video before commenting on the spin off...I think the point is as he says get to see a different aspect then in other games means the more villager cards you have when you go into the houses who you have will be there like a house party atmosphere we don't have...I imagine there will be dialogue in that, so yes I will give it a go but new leaf is still the newest game in my mind and I won't stop that as my main. This is just a tide over but I'd like to see them all visiting in the homes so I hope there is more to it after the homes are made and you get more cards...oh the cards sigh..

I probably will not. I don't play Animal Crossing for just the design aspect, so taking away most of the other features in the game doesn't seem appealing to me.

Hopefully it's just a preview for what's to come in the next full game. :)

I'm not sure if I'll buy it yet, I might wait to read other people's experience with it.

Yeah, I can FINALLY play something new after 2 years of getting bored of the same thing over and over again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not to mention, if there's more to this spin-off (Seriously, they were so vague about this game...like seriously) it would give me more reasons to buy the game rather than playing a new AC game.

I don't know if I'll get it. I'll probably just wait for the reviews to come out and then see from there!

I probbbbbbably will? I may not on release day, and wait to read some reviews/feedback first.

I don't have the New 3DS, and not planning on getting one, atm. So the cost of the card reader + cards (and their availability) will likely be factors, too.

I just want to see more gameplay of it before deciding if I want it or not.

Also, there's an amiibo adapter coming out for the older 3DS models.

The video looked pretty interesting. I would like to have more information though before I buy it of course lol. The descriptions so far seem a little vague but hopefully more information will be released within time. I'll probably read reviews too before I go and buy it, just to know if it's boring or not. I'm glad it will be able to be used with the old 3DS though, I haven't gotten around to getting a new one yet and I'm not sure when I'll be able to. >_>

I am with you, card reader and cards will be my factor. I opted for a new special edition reg 3dsxl over the new one price wise at Xmas but they must be assuming big sales to create the add on reader.

Likely I will but depends really on the card aspect for me.

I guess I would definitely have do more searching on the subject since I am still a bit left in the dark as to what else is accessible. Is the game merely just about decorating other's homes? I am assuming it might not be due to the fact that the character (mayor?) was dressed up in a rather stylish outfit of some sort indicating to me there still may be some sort of "character design" placement or some type of download that lets you transfer your mayor over to the game itself. However, if that is it though, I may find it a bit of a "lack luster" compared to it's original predecessor :/

If the game is simply just about re-modeling other villager's homes, then I may not really want it. I find AC to be an enjoyable, relaxing game in which I can attend to many different things to keep me occupied, so this is definitely something new. Without fishing, bug catching, building your town, badges, growing plants etc, I really can find myself getting bored of it rather quickly. While the game could produce some wonderful ideas for your homes and the villagers, to me, if it doesn't have the option to transfer it's data over to the other game I might just find it a bit wasteful. But that is me saying this now. Though it is by far still to early to judge it's contents, I do think however, that since it may be an AC title, it could possibly be good. Then again, this would be the very first "spin-off" game AC has ever had so it can either help it or harm it in my eyes. Personally, I just hope it is another success as how ACNL was. Can't wait to see more upcoming info~

Last edited:
I guess I would definitely have do more searching on the subject since I am still a bit left in the dark as to what else is accessible. Is the game merely just about decorating other's homes? I am assuming it might not be due to the fact that the character (mayor?) was dressed up in a rather stylish outfit of some sort indicating to me there still may be some sort of "character design" placement or some type of download that lets you transfer your mayor over to the game itself. However, if that is it though, I may find it a bit of a "lack luster" compared to it's original predecessor :/

If the game is simply just about re-modeling other villager's homes, then I may not really want it. I find AC to be an enjoyable, relaxing game in which I can attend to many different things to keep me occupied, so this is definitely something new. Without fishing, bug catching, building your town, badges, growing plants etc, I really can find myself getting bored of it rather quickly. While the game could produce some wonderful ideas for your homes and the villagers, to me, if it doesn't have the option to transfer it's data over to the other game I might just find it a bit wasteful. But that is me saying this now. Though it is by far still to early to judge it's contents, I do think however, that since it may be an AC title, it could possibly be good. Then again, this would be the very first "spin-off" game AC has ever had so it can either help it or harm it in my eyes. Personally, I just hope it is another success as how ACNL was. Can't wait to see more upcoming info~

Totally getting it myself, but all we know is that it's just decorating houses according to various themes. I'd expect there to be some challenges, such as "only use these series" or "only use X amount of items"

Yes. Even if it sucks, I will because it's something new in the Animal Crossing world and I feel like they give us new stuff in such small doses!

I won't be as I'm happy with me playing New Leaf, and this sounds like a way for more money..

Definatly. It looks really cute and fun :3

And I'm going to try and buy a bunch of the cards

THEY NEED TO MAKE A ROSIE ONE xD

Well I might not get the game, but the cards!!~ But as I stated above "Maybe"

Back