• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will you abandon New Leaf?

Well?

• Total voters
I'm so so keen for the new game! There will probably be a few weeks / months where I abandon NL to play the new game on switch, but I think I'll still come back to NL every so often :) It's such an easy game to pick up and play for a short amount of time, and I've still got heaps to do in my town that I don't want to abandon it completely!

Probably not, since I haven’t bought the new device. It took me a while to get new leaf so I’ll probably wait until the price is lower and I can get it discounted. Right now the switch is too expensive. Plus I like waiting a while until artistic people have already created new designs (that I can use). At the begging since everything is new , there’s berely any designs and such for me to use :)

Last edited:
nope! i'll probably never buy a switch and the game bc i can't afford them lol. even if i could, i don't think i could just abandon new leaf

I don't have a switch, so I'm just probably gonna stick with what I have. It's not like the game is dead as soon as a new one comes out (unless we're talking sm4sh 3ds)

ii only have a 3DS XL, ii just got for my bday last year, so ill def. keep playing ACNL!! they keep making too many of the same games on different devices.. ive already had a wii for years, im not gonna go buy that new console just for the new AC lol.. ii didnt even know about AC til a friend told me to get it, and ive been playing ACNL not even awhole year and ii just finished my town and completely filled my encyclopedia, no way am ii gonna go it all over again! :) lol

Last edited:
Probably not while I don't have a switch, but if they release a bundle with the new animal crossing then maybe.

I have a switch and a 2DS XL. I don't think I'll ever abandon ACNL because of nostalgia and how much I prefer the 2DS XL over the switch, but I'm still super excited for the new animal crossing game so it might be set to the side for a bit upon release of the new animal crossing game!

honestly i dunno if i?ll even buy the new one, im already very content with new leaf. the new one will have to truly wow me, and they wont be able to create the qr machine since theres no camera so i hope theres some kind of replacement because fashion is one of my favourite parts of animal crossing

Well, a little update: I now have a Switch and to be honest? I abandoned New Leaf. The thing is, if you
play a game for years and you finally has the chance to play new stuff, then you rather spend the time
in the new games and start to play less and less the old games. When I got the Switch, I only played
NL to make some trades here in the forum. After I was done, I sold my 3DS as I just didn't play with it
anymore that much as I used to. And to be really honest: I don't even miss New Leaf. Now don't get
me wrong, NL is a beautiful game and all and it's my favorite AC game, however, I just got more bored
with it. I didn't knew what I should do with my town, I just reset and reset so many times to get a "better"
town map... The game didn't had a challenge for me anymore. Right now I spend so much time with my
Switch and found also ways to not get bored till the AC Switch game comes out... Yeah, I'm happy with
this. And I guess I will not start to play NL again, I will wait for the new AC game and that's it.

Well, and another a little update: I start playing New Leaf again. Since it seems to take
a while till the new Animal Crossing game comes out (some news would be nice) and I
missed it a lot to play Animal Crossing, I got a 3DS again as well as the game and play
it now often. It's nice to play it again after taking a break from it. Guess I will abandon
it completely when the new game finally comes out. Until then, I will play it along with
my Switch.

I won't abandon New Leaf. I may not play ACNL as much, once the new game for Switch is out, but I won't 100% abandon it.

Will I abandon New Leaf for a game on a console that I don’t own/plan on ever buying? Hmmmmm... :p

Seriously though, If I ever DID buy a switch and ac, Probably not. I’ve been playing since 2013, I couldn’t bear to watch my towns crumble like my old Wild World town after all that time.

I?ll probably be spending most of my time playing the switch animal crossing, but I?ll still play new leaf. New leaf is still well made to be played anytime, hopefully the switch version has a big upgrade to convince me to play that mainly! But I?ll never forget new leaf and all the fun on it. Especially when my town comes together

I won't be leaving NL. I have no immediate plans, as I know of, to buy the switch right now, much as I'd love to, so I will still be on NL for sure.

I don't want to but I probably will. I'll come visit every once in a while to see how everyone's going like I have been doing between new leaf and wild world.

I'll abandon because I won't have the time to manage 2 towns. I play other games, mostly on Xbox one and I don't think I'll be giving them up just to play ACNL.

i've already done everything there is to do in acnl (full encyclopedia, full catalog, all golden badges, etc.) so i haven't been playing it much lately, but i still revisit it every now and then and will probably keep revisiting it even after the switch version is released.

Since I don't own a Switch and I'm not very interested in any other Switch games so far, it's a bit of a hurdle. I'll have to wait till the game comes out to see if it's going to be worth it for me. If not I'd rather buy a new ACNL cartridge if I want a new game (though I'm far from bored with my current town).

Either way, it doesn't look like I'll be abandoning ACNL anytime soon :)

Yes. It's had a long run, but ultimately I'm not going to continue playing it when a newer version exists. The same thing happened with WW and CF. A successor came along and I moved on with it.

i've already done everything there is to do in acnl (full encyclopedia, full catalog, all golden badges, etc.) so i haven't been playing it much lately, but i still revisit it every now and then and will probably keep revisiting it even after the switch version is released.

All golden badges?! Whoa. I will probably never finish the streepass one.

I’m playing my towns as much as I can now because I know once the new game comes out I’ll be playing exclusively that for a while. I had a lot of fun with new leaf but I’m so ready for a new game!

Back