• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will they ever release ACNL for the Switch?

Sid

Bells
I sold my 3DS and never got to play NL.
i think it would be a smart move. I'm sure many people would repurchase to play both games on a single device.

i doubt it, honestly - nintendo has never released an animal crossing game meant for one console on another console so i don’t see them doing it with new leaf aha

I wish they would. I’m not really enjoying NH that much. I’m really trying to get into it.

Reactions: Sid
I doubt they're planning to port 3DS games to the Switch... Especially since it doesn't look like they want to put Virtual Console on the Switch.
Maybe they'll make HD remasters of some 3DS games, but likely not New Leaf since New Horizons exists...

It's not TOO difficult to get your hands on a 3DS/2DS theses days, I recently caved in and bought a 2DS with New Leaf because I also missed out on it when it came out. I played WW as a teen, got a 3DS later on, but somehow gave it to my nephew's before I got a chance to get my hands on NL.

Back