• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Wild world vs. New leaf

Cliffed towns?

And I guess...I wish I'd looked at more examples of maps before settling on the one I have now. ^^() Now I'm in too deep to reset! An island town would be so cool. <3

I like NL way better, I played WW a long time ago. So I don't remember exactly why..

Cliffed towns?

And I guess...I wish I'd looked at more examples of maps before settling on the one I have now. ^^() Now I'm in too deep to reset! An island town would be so cool. <3

The cliffs they have in gc and cf. That's what I meant. It's like the ramps to the beach but in the town.

I'm not explaining this really well..

And island towns are only in ww/cf so don't reset lol

Only played ACGC, WW, and NL, fell in love with the GC version when i was in 5th grade, then when i found out a portable version was coming out i was all over it, played it constantly and what i liked about it was how it didnt have this huge community and it felt like you were discovering all this stuff by yourself and not reading how to do it online, or trading for some rare furniture, you had to really earn it.

but NL i think perfected the look of the game, and it being portable is huge, also the PWP's of course, amazing how a game that ive been playing for 11+ years without much change still has be coming back to it, i bought a DS a couple months ago because i found out that a new AC was out, and then talked my GF into buying one and she never played before so its fun to re live the game through her and show her the ins and outs.

overall AC will always be my favorite game series, people dont understand this game until they play it, i was always a fan of sandbox games like GTA and Harvest Moon, and this game is the greatest of them all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

thanks OP now im gunna shut off NL and start a new town in WW.

I've only played WW and NL, and it's been so long since I've played WW I'm not sure if there was anything better about it than NL. I know I definitely love being able to scan QR codes for paths and clothes and stuff, and being able to put up PWPs in town is great.

i never played wild world, i only played the gamecube version of animal crossing before new leaf. i don't really enjoy the look of wild world, especially since it looks so.. pixel-ish.

Its just ridiculous how far society is going with making out kids are so super sensitive and need protecting
the ultra mean snooty and cranky villagers in GC didnt make me cry when i was 5.. i just used to hit them in revenge lol

YES.

I missed Villager BACKSTORIES. So much personality was in WW that I loved it. How they came to be in that village,what happened to them when they were kids etc. And I wish I did not get so stressed about moving. I could just ask them to stay once packed. Unlike in New Leaf,I get Paranoid once every three days if a villager did not ping me,and they do not tell backstories at all. I feel that Villagers had more personality in WW than in New Leaf,but so manu things were addes in NL that the Villager backstories and dialog were my only problems in NL.

Last edited:
I liked the personalities better in WW. I hated snooty villagers, now I just find them boring. Most cranky villagers I did not care for.(Octavian was my first cranky friend in WW, then he moved on me :( ) I also miss how when they asked for furniture they told you exactly what they wanted. I don't miss the graphics. I also don't miss making trips back and forth to Nooks with non-stacked fruit. Not having holidays sucked.

So I choose New Leaf over Wild World

I hear a lot of people don't like the moving system. I actually like it because it gives me a couple of days to stop them moving. WW only gave you one.(what if you were sick that day and didn't log on) Though I do agree you should still be able to talk them out of boxes.

Wild World was my first game in the series, and the one I have the most memories of.
I put so much time into it, but honestly, going back to it after playing New Leaf, it does feel a bit empty, like I couldn't get as absorbed into it as I did back when I was a kid.

New Leaf is better in just about every way, yet there are things I miss about wild world, like the fun little events that weren't based on real life events, which often made me drop everything so I could go and enjoy the acorn festival, or the flower fest (did anyone actually win without stealing villagers flowers?) I hope Nintendo brings back these events to the next game.

Also as people have already said, I also don't like the toned down villager personalities, and the fact Resseti is disabled by default, kids aren't as easily offended as parents would think.
Also is it just me, or did villager dialogue seem a lot more varied in Wild World? they seem to repeat themselves more in NL.

I like NL better overall. But what I miss from WW are the small things like notes in a bottle or random text messages on the black board. c:

I miss the observatory, and the ufo thing you had to shoot down somewhere in the morning. (it was a ufo right?)

Though NL has much more privileges as a mayor so you play it longer.

Last edited:
Wild World was my first AC game, and I was obsessed. I loved that game. A lot of what I liked was the quirkiness - the dialogue, the town message board, the letters in a bottle. the events. The game was toned down a lot between WW and City Folk, but I think New Leaf is more like WW than CF. The villagers repeat themselves less, they say more off-the-cuff things... I don't know. You can't complain about the gameplay or graphics - having to switch out tools from your pockets and not being able to tell which bugs were which sucked.

In terms of personality, the original AC is still my favorite, but New Leaf is probably the most fun to play.

wild world had my three favorite features in an animal crossing game to date
the random, funny quotes on the bulletin board
messages in a bottle that you could send to sea
and the flea market
the villagers also had much more to say and it made every conversation interesting and fun

new leaf does have its perks, but i miss these features and it makes the game seem lacking

Last edited:
Everything about new leaf is better IMO. No more hackers either.

haha i remember getting an ar and covering my town with bells once, that rainbow feather wasn't earned through legit means but dang i felt awesome
also oh man i forgot about that garden contest thing! with leif around it would have made a great comeback

Last edited:
Unchangeable villager house plots, peppy's villager letters with no spelling mistakes, no grass deterioration, super deep voices for cranky villagers for AC:WW 8D Oh and 2 A.M music theme of course

There are more things to do in New Leaf and customization is more advanced but I miss playing "wild", running all over my town without fear of grass deterioration, not giving a damn about how neglected my town looks like ... Not a care in the world at that time :3

I enjoyed how wild world had constellations and the mansion looked better than how It does now IMO

New Leaf has been hacked quite a bit. Nintendo Force even featured a famous hacked town in their magazine. Try as they may, Nintendo isn't going to 100% prevent hackers- think again for the digital as they're stored on an SD card which can be put into a computer, right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wild World allowed you to "lock" villagers in simply by using a second character, agreeing to do something for them, never doing it, and as long as that player, which also lived in the same house, never talked to them, they'd never leave. Your second character is perfect for locking in villagers, but in New Leaf, they're not technically "locked" in that you can not play forever and they won't leave, since the only way to technically lock them is to agree for them to move, or disagree so they stay, then put it on hiatus for as long as you want, but if/when you play again, you run the risk of unlocking them so they can move.

The only things I really miss from WW are:

- The villagers personalities. They were much more pronounced and interesting.
- The dialogues, more intelligent and diverse.
- Gulliver in his spaceship.
- The house signs that determined the only places villagers could move in (made landscaping easier).

But overall I still prefer New Leaf. It has a lot more features, not to mention it looks way better.

Back