• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Wild Hearts - February 17th, 2023

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose

Electronic Arts and Koei Tecmo studio Omega Force have partnered up to deliver Wild Hearts: a Monster Hunter-esque game set in a fantasy feudal Japan. The game is due to release February 17th, 2023 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (via Origin, Steam, and Epic Game Store). The game can be enjoyed alone or played co-operatively (with up to 2 friends) and supports cross-platform play.

Omega Force are best known for the Dynasty Warriors series, but on TBT they might be better known as the developers responsible for Fire Emblem Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. Other titles they are behind include the Attack on Titan, Dragon Quest Heroes, and Toukiden games.

Is anyone else interested in this title?

I typically don't buy games at launch anymore (the only other one on my radar right now is Harvestella) but I think this is one of the few I will need to make an exception for. Everything about it is right up my alley and I'd been keeping an eye out for something new to try with this type of gameplay. If anyone follows the Achievement Hunters and Completionists Thread then you'll already know I'm a massive Dynasty Warriors fan, so anything Omega Force delivers I'm usually keen to give a go. However, I do find EA and Omega Force to be a worrying combo. EA doesn't seem to give a damn about the consumers of their products and Omega Force's latest entries in the Dynasty Warriors series (DW9 and DW9: Empires, respectively) were met with substantial criticism. I personally enjoyed those titles, but I do understand why a lot of people disliked them. Concerns aside, I'm still really looking forward to this one.

Yesterday they released 7-minutes of gameplay footage! I'm sold. The world is stunning, the monsters terrifying, and I'm curious about these crafting mechanics.

If it ever comes to Switch, count me in. Been thinking of getting an EGS account though cause I don't really want to go back to Steam.

set in a fantasy feudal Japan
-
oh hell yes.

Back