• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why won’t my sold turnips count towards reaching my goal?

4zack

Bells
I sold turnips on another island, the money showed up in my wallet, but it didn’t count as sold when trying to reach the final goal of $10,000,000 in Cornering the Stalk Market.
I’m not making up for a previous loss I took.
Last week, I went from $2,500,000 to $3,000,000 by selling turnips.
This week, I sold some at a Nook’s Cranny for a profit, the money went to my wallet, but I’m at the exact same amount of $3,000,000.
It didn’t change at all in the Cornering the Stalk Market tally.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thx for any help I can get.

Are you sure you sold all of them? I've noticed that when I make multiple trips to sell my turnips, the profit doesn't change until I've sold them all.

Did you properly leave the island?
I did, through the airport.

Are you sure you sold all of them?

I can’t say for sure if I did or not.
I did a test last night by selling just one bunch and the $$$ didn’t show up again.
Do I need to sell all that I’m carrying in my pocket at the time or do I need to sell all of them that I bought this past Sunday and are still strewn about on my island?
Can I sell some on one island and some on another island or do I have to sell them all to the same island?

And, thank you both for your help.
Turnips are one of the last things I need to finish to earn all my badges and this is getting frustrating.

Did you properly leave the island?
I did, through the airport.

Are you sure you sold all of them?

I can’t say for sure if I did or not.
I did a test last night by selling just one bunch and the $$$ didn’t show up again.
Do I need to sell all that I’m carrying in my pocket at the time or do I need to sell all of them that I bought this past Sunday and are still strewn about on my island?
Can I sell some on one island and some on another island or do I have to sell them all to the same island?

And, thank you both for your help.
Turnips are one of the last things I need to finish to earn all my badges and this is getting frustrating.
I had to sell all of the turnips I bought the previous Sunday before my profit changed in the Achievement. I don't think you need to sell them on the same island. My guess is that the game doesn't want to count your profit until all of the turnips are sold in case you have a loss on the other turnips you bought.

M.E.,
That appears to be correct. I sold them all and then my number went up.
I went from $3 mil to $4 mil.
Thanks much for your help. :)

So what if you don’t sell all of your turnips and use some to
cook with instead.
I'm not sure about that. All I know is that if I sell half of my turnips, the profit won't increase. It only increases if I sell all of my turnips.

My guess is that the game calculates total profit by comparing how much you've spent on turnips during the entire game versus how much you've sold turnips for. I know that any losses are supposed to count against your total profit so the turnips used for cooking probably reduce your total profit by the amount you spent to buy them.

I'm not sure about that. All I know is that if I sell half of my turnips, the profit won't increase. It only increases if I sell all of my turnips.

My guess is that the game calculates total profit by comparing how much you've spent on turnips during the entire game versus how much you've sold turnips for. I know that any losses are supposed to count against your total profit so the turnips used for cooking probably reduce your total profit by the amount you spent to buy them.
Thanks , that would make sense. Sometimes I only buy turnips to cook or craft with them.

Back