• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Incorrect profit calculation for Cornering the Stalk Market

anyone_else

Bells
Hello! I am working through the Cornering The Stalk Market achievement. I decided to keep a spreadsheet of my purchases and sales. But when I calculated how much my profit should be each week, I noticed it's not what Animal Crossing says my profit should be. So I figured I had an error in my calculations. But when I check other turnip profit calculation websites, they tell me I should be getting more profit than Animal Crossing NH is actually giving me. For instance, I purchased 600 turnips for 107 bells each (64,200 bells). My total current stalk market profit at that point was 7,145,220 bells. I sold all 600 for 321 bells each (192,600 bells). My profit should be 192,600 - 64,200 bells correct? That would be 128,400 bells in profit. So my new stalk market profit should be 7,273,620. But yet ACNH says my new stalk market profit is only 7,262,920 (or a profit of 7,262,920 - 7,145,220 =117,700 bells instead of the 128,400 bells I thought would be my profit). Any ideas on where my misunderstanding is? Or is the game really not giving me the profit I should have earned? Also it's not a one-time issue. I checked my spreadsheet going back months and I've never received the profit I thought I should. Thank you kindly for your ideas. (I have never time traveled or used cheats, and I have two islands on two separate switches and they both give me lower profits than expected.)

Back