• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why is Trump a candidate?

Seriously though, all the talk around Hilliary lying as if it's a new thing, being a liar is practically a confirmed personality trait of all politicians. They waant to get what they want, it's no shock or secret that the vast majority of them lie frequently.

Last edited:
Seriously though, all the talk around Hilliary lying as if it's a new thing, being a liar is practically a confirmed personality trait of all politicians. They waant to get what they want, it's no shock or secret that the vast majority of them lie frequently.
It's not that I don't believe hillary it's just shes had so many things against here, they just found over 10,000 more emails, I can't trust her, but then she blames Colin Powell, which pisses me off because it was her, this makes me dislike her very much

It's not that I don't believe hillary it's just shes had so many things against here, they just found over 10,000 more emails, I can't trust her, but then she blames Colin Powell, which pisses me off because it was her, this makes me dislike her very much

I can pretty much assure you other politicians have done way worse, the only difference being Hillary got caught. It's just when people are like "Hillary is a liar", as if the rest of them aren't? I get what she's done is really pretty ****ty though.

I can pretty much assure you other politicians have done way worse, the only difference being Hillary got caught. It's just when people are like "Hillary is a liar", as if the rest of them aren't? I get what she's done is really pretty ****ty though.

Yes, trump does lie, but I don't think he does as much as her, yes I've seen way worse but America is on ice of falling apart, this election matters so much

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's just we got 2 ****ed up *****es running I hate pretty much both atm

Yes, trump does lie, but I don't think he does as much as her, yes I've seen way worse but America is on ice of falling apart, this election matters so much

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's just we got 2 ****ed up *****es running I hate pretty much both atm

Now you know what it was like when people had to choose between Dennis Hastert and Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. Both were terrible. John Boehner didn't really do much of a better job, either.

Now you know what it was like when people had to choose between Dennis Hastert and Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House. Both were terrible. John Boehner didn't really do much of a better job, either.

Yup good example, hillary and Donald match this description

I can say one thing about the "angry white male base". They at least have more respect towards the founding fathers (George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin) than the liberal voter bases do. And it doesn't necessarily mean they like or hate the founding fathers. There are some laws/policies that progressivism agrees with that would make the founding fathers angry if they come back. Yeah, it's hard to cater to the changing society that want to throw out traditional values, but at least the right is showing more respect to the founding fathers by supporting these traditional values.

Sadly, Trump won't make the founding fathers happier since he agrees with stuff that would anger them as well. I mean, he wanted to ban Muslims from entering our nation. That's a first amendment violation and the founding fathers would be just as mad at Trump as they would be towards Obama, the Democratic Party, and our current generation of citizens that want change.

Maybe conservatives like the founding fathers more than liberals because the founding fathers were all white men. Some of those founding fathers owned slaves and they decided to count slaves as 3/5 of a person. "Traditional values" were all defined by white men. The reason why America is different now than back then is because more voices are allowed to speak up and have a say in the direction of the country. That should be celebrated. When Trump says he wants to "Make America Great Again", he says he is referring to the 1950's which just so happens to be the last decade before the Civil Rights Act was passed. So while white men might have nostalgia for the "good old days" when they could lord over women and minorities, everyone else thinks we are much better off now than back then. America has its problems currently, but to say that the 21st century has been a total train-wreck compared to the 1900's and 1800's and late 1700's is just silly. If the founding fathers came back to life today, most people would tell them to either get with the 21st century or shut the hell up.

Maybe conservatives like the founding fathers more than liberals because the founding fathers were all white men. Some of those founding fathers owned slaves and they decided to count slaves as 3/5 of a person. "Traditional values" were all defined by white men. The reason why America is different now than back then is because more voices are allowed to speak up and have a say in the direction of the country. That should be celebrated. When Trump says he wants to "Make America Great Again", he says he is referring to the 1950's which just so happens to be the last decade before the Civil Rights Act was passed. So while white men might have nostalgia for the "good old days" when they could lord over women and minorities, everyone else thinks we are much better off now than back then. America has its problems currently, but to say that the 21st century has been a total train-wreck compared to the 1900's and 1800's and late 1700's is just silly. If the founding fathers came back to life today, most people would tell them to either get with the 21st century or shut the hell up.

I agree with this, and I find it crazy that Trump says our nation has not been great since the 1950s. What about when the moon landings occurred in 1969? What about when the Soviet Union fell in 1991?

Donald Trump is a candidate because that's what the base of the Republican party looks like. He panders to them all too well.

I have no credibility in this. That first part you just said, sounds like you got some real liberal bias.

Yes, I am conservative biased, but sometimes, I see guilt in both sides. The biased liberals would say that Republicans only like white people, only like Christians, want to repeal the Bill of Rights or overthrow the constitution, and would say that the Republicans are only liars. Guess what the biased conservatives say? They say the exact same stuff about the Democrats, accusing them of hating white people and Christians, supporting repealing the Bill of Rights and the constitution, and for never telling the truth. What's really happening to you is that you have fallen for the extreme-left media, just like how some of these "angry white men" you call them (not even all of them are angry) have fallen for the extreme-right media. The radicals on both sides are actually vocal minorities (meaning they are not as common as the general population), but have the loudest mouths, which is why the extremes have more power and why we live in an age of polarization. If we can actually move to the center and steer clear of the extremes, you can really see the truth.

Last edited:
Thank god most TBTers can't vote. :blush:

I am already old enough to vote, and I do have the intentions to vote. If Trump can keep Georgia and Arizona from switching over while winning the other traditionally red states and these four states (Pennsylvania, Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio), Trump will win the election, even if Hillary wins the others. He would be at 273 while Hillary would be at 265. However, these four states I named will be tough, especially Pennsylvania (which was only won by Democrat since 1988). Because of his recent controversial comments, he may not win one of the four states, but let's see how it goes for the next two months. This year had a lot of controversial events.

I can't vote but my parents support trump as I do, so they're voting for trump, although his comments weren't ok at all, that made me dislike him a bit more

This. This expresses my thoughts so clearly and eloquently. Thankyou.

I have no credibility in this. That first part you just said, sounds like you got some real liberal bias.

Yes, I am conservative biased, but sometimes, I see guilt in both sides. The biased liberals would say that Republicans only like white people, only like Christians, want to repeal the Bill of Rights or overthrow the constitution, and would say that the Republicans are only liars. Guess what the biased conservatives say? They say the exact same stuff about the Democrats, accusing them of hating white people and Christians, supporting repealing the Bill of Rights and the constitution, and for never telling the truth. What's really happening to you is that you have fallen for the extreme-left media, just like how some of these "angry white men" you call them (not even all of them are angry) have fallen for the extreme-right media. The radicals on both sides are actually vocal minorities (meaning they are not as common as the general population), but have the loudest mouths, which is why the extremes have more power and why we live in an age of polarization. If we can actually move to the center and steer clear of the extremes, you can really see the truth.

You're correct that both parties have their extremists. However, the radicals on the Republican side were able to actually nominate a radical candidate while radicals on the Democratic side did not have enough power to nominate a radical candidate (only conservative media outlets would call Hillary Clinton an extreme leftist candidate when she is really more centrist than Obama). Not all Republicans are racist or nativist, but the nomination of Trump shows that a large proportion of them are. I don't really like Clinton that much and I don't think she's very trustworthy, but Trump is equally untrustworthy by not fulfilling his business contracts and not releasing his tax returns so the public can know where his money comes from. He completely makes stuff up when he speaks while repeatedly saying "Believe me" and "Many people are saying" which is usually a sign that he's lying. He doesn't have much understanding of how government and foreign policy works either. Clinton is a typical politician, but at least she can keep the country in one piece like a typical politician does. It's not like her emails have personally affected anyone in a negative way. So we can agree to disagree and that's what voting is for, but barring some miracle for Trump, chances are that more Americans will disagree with you than agree with you.

You're correct that both parties have their extremists. However, the radicals on the Republican side were able to actually nominate a radical candidate while radicals on the Democratic side did not have enough power to nominate a radical candidate (only conservative media outlets would call Hillary Clinton an extreme leftist candidate when she is really more centrist than Obama). Not all Republicans are racist or nativist, but the nomination of Trump shows that a large proportion of them are. I don't really like Clinton that much and I don't think she's very trustworthy, but Trump is equally untrustworthy by not fulfilling his business contracts and not releasing his tax returns so the public can know where his money comes from. He completely makes stuff up when he speaks while repeatedly saying "Believe me" and "Many people are saying" which is usually a sign that he's lying. He doesn't have much understanding of how government and foreign policy works either. Clinton is a typical politician, but at least she can keep the country in one piece like a typical politician does. It's not like her emails have personally affected anyone in a negative way. So we can agree to disagree and that's what voting is for, but barring some miracle for Trump, chances are that more Americans will disagree with you than agree with you.

I would go ahead and say that I would never vote for a man who said our nation wasn't great when we sent men to the moon.

I would go ahead and say that I would never vote for a man who said our nation wasn't great when we sent men to the moon.

Trump also excluded Ronald Reagan when he said America wasn't good since the 1950's. I believed that Reagan was the last good president America had. So Trump really lied on that part. I also thought John F Kennedy was a good president and he was president during the era Trump said that America wasn't good. I can say America was a bad place when Obama was in office, but I wouldn't say that America was a bad place for a long time.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

American politics is all about that sweet cash money. Both parties are bought and paid for. Also, this particular election is a lying and manipulating businessman vs a lying and corrupt politician. So it's basically money and lies.

Although, I'd much rather have Trump and his horrible hair and crazy antics over Hillary. At least America's fall would be entertaining.

Back