• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why is Trump a candidate?

I have a question to the Trump opponents:

Do you think Ted Cruz would be even worse for America than Donald Trump? I think he would be better for America to begin with. I mean, he is better than Obama, better than Carter, and better than Bush for a president. But what would your opinion be on Ted Cruz?

Do you think Ted Cruz would be even worse for America than Donald Trump? I think he would be better for America to begin with. I mean, he is better than Obama, better than Carter, and better than Bush for a president. But what would your opinion be on Ted Cruz?

hes the zodiac killer

I think Cruz would be just as bad. Cruz basically caused the government shutdown in 2013.

I think Cruz would be just as bad. Cruz basically caused the government shutdown in 2013.

Some people think he's worse than Trump. While Trump wants to deport all of the undocumented immigrants (including the good ones) and ban all muslims from entering, people hate Cruz even more because he is a religious wingnut, but I think he is more like the Demon of Empire City instead of a good Christian. Not only that, but he wants to repeal every word of Obamacare. And while Trump can be entertaining at times, Cruz is always serious.

Good thing you won't see him win the election anymore. Not that he was born in Canada, but he broke his promise of endorsing Trump out of grudgery. The Republicans hate him more to the point to where he can't even get another term in the senate. I'm guessing Americans really hate the demon of empire city.

Both money and reputation (a celebrity face) has helped Donald Trump rise up. But he has illuminated and brought together all that is essentially wrong in this country. He is manipulating the poorly educated, catalyzing the racists, sexists and bigots, and stirring up a nationwide civil turmoil.

I'm not in America, and I'll admit I'm not completely clued up to Ted Cruz and his polices and what-not, but I do know that he is extremely anti-lgbt, even more so than Trump. He believes that being lgbt is a choice, and he strongly apposes same-sex marriage, as a member of the lgbt community, I'd say he'd for sure make America a worse place to live in for certain groups of people.

What exactly makes him better than Obama?

I'm not in America, and I'll admit I'm not completely clued up to Ted Cruz and his polices and what-not, but I do know that he is extremely anti-lgbt, even more so than Trump. He believes that being lgbt is a choice, and he strongly apposes same-sex marriage, as a member of the lgbt community, I'd say he'd for sure make America a worse place to live in for certain groups of people.

What exactly makes him better than Obama?

I think he's better because he's pro-life, anti-Obamacare, anti-drug, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, and pro-business. Not only that, I am very conservative (but not as conservative like what my user title implies), so don't be surprised to see me say that right-winged politicians and columnists are better than left-winged politicians and columnists. You may disagree, but this is what I believe. However, there are some exceptions. I like Harry S Truman and John F Kennedy more than all the Republicans that came after (except Ronald Reagan), I respect FDR more than Hoover even if his actions created long-term unexpected drawbacks that ruined today's society, and a few other cases I can't think of at the minute.

I think he's better because he's pro-life, anti-Obamacare, anti-drug, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, and pro-business. Not only that, I am very conservative (but not as conservative like what my user title implies), so don't be surprised to see me say that right-winged politicians and columnists are better than left-winged politicians and columnists. You may disagree, but this is what I believe. However, there are some exceptions. I like Harry S Truman and John F Kennedy more than all the Republicans that came after (except Ronald Reagan), I respect FDR more than Hoover even if his actions created long-term unexpected drawbacks that ruined today's society, and a few other cases I can't think of at the minute.

He's also anti-equal rights, so if you're a woman, you can guarantee he doesn't have your best interests in mind.

why yes OP, we do have a concussion

it's been caused by a serious injury doctors call the alt-right, which results in the dreaded trumposis

it's super sad, but it looks pretty likely that as a registered democrat, this election will end with another massive republican electorate embarrassment, i'll be pleased come november

Last edited:
I don't think being a conservative is a mental illness, but Trump is not the ideal conservative.

Preface: I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm not a Trump supporter if you know me. But, also not necessarily a Hilary supporter either.

The real answer? People want a candidate who isn't going to lie to them. And, unfortunately the first truly honest candidate we've had in a long long time just so happens to be a person that terrible people think they can rally behind.

And, let's be completely honest with ourselves. Hilary is in no way truthful or honest with her supporters. An obvious example of this can be seen in the way she panders to the young voters. Appearing on TV shows like Broad City, trying bubble tea, and making jokes about Pokemon Go in her speeches. It's just very difficult to shake the air of in-authenticity surrounding her.

Also Trump is extremely good at appealing to a very vague sense of "American ideals." His slogan of making America great again is lifted almost verbatim from Reagan's "Let's Make America Great Again." It appeals to the older crowd that misses the 'good old days' before their kids were listening to rock/rap, when your neighborhood was quiet, et cetera. It's a common case of thinking your generation is better than the one that comes next. When in actuality, every generation has been just as awful than the one that came before it. All the way back to the 1800's.

Unfortunately, this type of thinking also provides a breeding ground for people who misconstrue this message (and obviously Trump isn't going to do anything to dissuade these less-than-rational people, they're voters after all). And it's this line of thinking that has bred a resurgence in anti-LGBT sentiments, the anti-PC culture movement, and those who walk around pretending that saying "All Lives Matter" is anything but instigation.

Another reason we're stuck with Trump as our presidential candidate is that the Republican party is literally imploding right now. The far right has become the vocal minority of the group and is creating a bad image for the right side of the spectrum (which has also caused some very volatile reactions from the far left). And this vocal minority has chosen the candidate that will get them the most votes. Again, remember that not everyone who votes for Trump believes in his awful racism or bigotry, they just want somebody who's honest. But even trump is becoming too Trump for these people, as he's currently losing points in the polls.

Summing things up, Trump is our candidate because people want honesty (no matter who it's from), a way to fight changes that come from the next generation, and somebody other than Obama (even though ironically enough, Trump said he would try too keep some parts of Obamacare).

And, if there's anything you need to take away from everything we've seen so far, and will see (watch for those October Surprises) in the near future, please remember that the only way for you to end up with the presidential candidate you want, is to vote in November.

You can whine and moan about Trump all you want, but if you don't vote and he's elected, you're just as much to blame as the people who did vote for him.

I agree with Brad on everything he's saying, including the generation part.

The world was also just as bad now as it was from a thousand years ago, but only different. We evolved from a time with less technology to a time when the environment was greatly damaged. We evolved from a time when religion dominated science to a time when religion is greatly scorned. We evolved from a time when men were better than women and the rich were better than the poor to a time when the rich were the most hated people. We evolved from a time when torture was commonly used to a time when we can build even more dangerous weapons. We may think are lives are getting better, but in some way, it's getting worse.

SjhCV1c.png

Tbh, i don't see how he is a candidate...

The world was also just as bad now as it was from a thousand years ago, but only different. We evolved from a time with less technology to a time when the environment was greatly damaged. We evolved from a time when religion dominated science to a time when religion is greatly scorned. We evolved from a time when men were better than women and the rich were better than the poor to a time when the rich were the most hated people. We evolved from a time when torture was commonly used to a time when we can build even more dangerous weapons. We may think are lives are getting better, but in some way, it's getting worse.

This would be great and all except that Trump is a misogynist, advocates using torture, is one of the richest people in the US and has used shady practices to protect his fortune, seemingly wants religion to dominate science yet again,and and and and and... need I go on?

Preface: I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm not a Trump supporter if you know me. But, also not necessarily a Hilary supporter either.

The real answer? People want a candidate who isn't going to lie to them. And, unfortunately the first truly honest candidate we've had in a long long time just so happens to be a person that terrible people think they can rally behind.

And, let's be completely honest with ourselves. Hilary is in no way truthful or honest with her supporters. An obvious example of this can be seen in the way she panders to the young voters. Appearing on TV shows like Broad City, trying bubble tea, and making jokes about Pokemon Go in her speeches. It's just very difficult to shake the air of in-authenticity surrounding her.

Also Trump is extremely good at appealing to a very vague sense of "American ideals." His slogan of making America great again is lifted almost verbatim from Reagan's "Let's Make America Great Again." It appeals to the older crowd that misses the 'good old days' before their kids were listening to rock/rap, when your neighborhood was quiet, et cetera. It's a common case of thinking your generation is better than the one that comes next. When in actuality, every generation has been just as awful than the one that came before it. All the way back to the 1800's.

Unfortunately, this type of thinking also provides a breeding ground for people who misconstrue this message (and obviously Trump isn't going to do anything to dissuade these less-than-rational people, they're voters after all). And it's this line of thinking that has bred a resurgence in anti-LGBT sentiments, the anti-PC culture movement, and those who walk around pretending that saying "All Lives Matter" is anything but instigation.

Another reason we're stuck with Trump as our presidential candidate is that the Republican party is literally imploding right now. The far right has become the vocal minority of the group and is creating a bad image for the right side of the spectrum (which has also caused some very volatile reactions from the far left). And this vocal minority has chosen the candidate that will get them the most votes. Again, remember that not everyone who votes for Trump believes in his awful racism or bigotry, they just want somebody who's honest. But even trump is becoming too Trump for these people, as he's currently losing points in the polls.

Summing things up, Trump is our candidate because people want honesty (no matter who it's from), a way to fight changes that come from the next generation, and somebody other than Obama (even though ironically enough, Trump said he would try too keep some parts of Obamacare).

And, if there's anything you need to take away from everything we've seen so far, and will see (watch for those October Surprises) in the near future, please remember that the only way for you to end up with the presidential candidate you want, is to vote in November.

You can whine and moan about Trump all you want, but if you don't vote and he's elected, you're just as much to blame as the people who did vote for him.

I don't think the reason behind Trump's appeal is him being honest. Trump lies a lot. He frequently just makes stuff up. I think his appeal is that he gives a one sentence solution to every problem the U.S. faces. How do we stop illegal immigration? Build a wall. How do we prevent terrorist attacks? Ban Muslims from entering the U.S. How do we fix the economy? Negotiate better trade deals. Most Americans are not policy wonks, so they like hearing simple answers instead of Hillary Clinton's longer and more detailed answers for these problems.

I also think the reason why people think Hillary Clinton is dishonest and untrustworthy is ironically because we know almost everything about her. She's been in the public eye for 25 years so there is a long record to look through to find flaws. Most of her State Department emails have been made public, so anything bad in those makes her look bad. However, we don't get to see Trump's emails. We didn't get to see either Obama's or Romney's emails in 2012. We don't know what they are/were hiding, but apparently people are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on their emails while Hillary Clinton gets hammered because she has been transparent about her emails. Trump has only received lots of public scrutiny for the past year and there are still a lot of things we don't know about him. He hasn't released his tax returns, so we don't know what kinds of business deals he's been involved in. He has no voting record, so he can basically take any position on an issue he wants. Trump isn't very transparent or honest at all, but because he's willing to say outrageous stuff in public instead of just doing it behind the anonymity of a Facebook / Twitter account like many Americans do, he is seen as "authentic" and "real".

Back