Disco Ball Easter Egg
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Orange Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
i've been trying to get more into reading lately, so i've been considering joining a book club. im surprised to find so many online now, though it makes sense with the way the word is advancing. everything is online because its convenient and easier to connect.

have you ever been in a book club? maybe for school or as a hobby? what kind of books did you read/enjoy? did you have a good time, a bad time? make any friends from it?

yep! i run a monthly book club and we read literary fiction. i sort of fell into the role with no experience, but now i enjoy it. i prefer in-person book clubs to virtual options because i like to leave the house and have a designated space to chat with other readers.

Our school forced us into a book club. I didn't have much problem keeping up with the assigned readings, but more like I'd forget to bring my book to school on the day of club.

I’m part of a cat book club on cat twitter, if that counts 🙂. I haven’t been able to make it to the meetings lately though. Once a month we post about books we read; there is a theme but you can read whatever you want and share it still. It’s a lot of fun!

An online book club?!? I've never heard of such a thing XD
I've never been in a book club, it does sound fun. The only thing I worry is having a book I might not like and having to read it all, though my head just sometimes can't read books we're not into. But it does sound like a fun thing to do. Though I would rather in person.
If some aren't goog expressing their feelings of a book via online, you can't explain it well, or some people find it easier to see the feelings on their faces in person so see that they are in fact loving it, or being sarcastic.
Also helps people get out of the house, for the moment I only leave the house to go to work, so it would be nice to be around others and have something to eat/drink while talking about the book.

An online book club?!? I've never heard of such a thing XD
I've never been in a book club, it does sound fun. The only thing I worry is having a book I might not like and having to read it all, though my head just sometimes can't read books we're not into. But it does sound like a fun thing to do. Though I would rather in person.
If some aren't goog expressing their feelings of a book via online, you can't explain it well, or some people find it easier to see the feelings on their faces in person so see that they are in fact loving it, or being sarcastic.
Also helps people get out of the house, for the moment I only leave the house to go to work, so it would be nice to be around others and have something to eat/drink while talking about the book.

I understand! I’ve given my thoughts and so did others on books they didn’t care for and there was no problems with that at all. It is just a chill group. With this group, many of us type what we want to share about the book ahead of time 🙂.

There hasn’t been any of that to worry about in the group I’m in; at least I don’t worry about it since I have a lot of other things I worry about already. But i understand what you mean.

True! I totally get you. For me this works out well since we all are in different countries; even if it was local, it’d be hard for me, since I have anxiety about leaving the house and I have trouble talking verbally.

I understand! I’ve given my thoughts and so did others on books they didn’t care for and there was no problems with that at all. It is just a chill group. With this group, many of us type what we want to share about the book ahead of time 🙂.

There hasn’t been any of that to worry about in the group I’m in; at least I don’t worry about it since I have a lot of other things I worry about already. But i understand what you mean.

True! I totally get you. For me this works out well since we all are in different countries; even if it was local, it’d be hard for me, since I have anxiety about leaving the house and I have trouble talking verbally.
Aww, I am glad it's not too stressful for everyone. Thats how it should be within groups like this, or anything like that.
And I agree, certain people find it easier to verbally express their opinions on a book or write it. Whichever makes it comfortable.

went to a book club at school only really because all of my other friends went to it. was alright ig?? i remember talking about how much i loved a book that richard ayoade wrote at one point

I’d be down to join an online one, I know how to get books pretty readily too.

IRL I have never had the pleasure of joining one. There was one I wanted to be part of very badly but their age limit is 25 so I literally have less than a month to be part of it at this point lmao

Thing is I also assume many are more focused on fiction… it’s not normally my thing but I’d probably enjoy it in this context regardless.

Does manga/anime related discord servers count? than if so yeah i guess it technically counts as one lol manga and light novels are eh the only thing i read these days.

Back