• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why is AC: Population Growing so expensive?

Perhaps consider getting the game in Japanese. I find that Japanese versions of retro games tend to be cheaper or more common. 💵 You might need a Japanese console though, or learn how to mod your console to accept those regions. Also, obviously there's a language barrier, but you could use online software to translate them. 💡 For example, I can read Japanese, but not understand most of it, so I simply speak or type the words onto Google Translate and it gets the job done. You're typing letters, just like in any language, so it's just a matter of looking for the correct squiggly letter over and over as you type. 🤷‍♀

It might be because it is the first game in the series, and it is almost 23-years-old...

And then there's the fact that you needed the e-Reader in order to use the e-Reader cards, made specifically for that game.

Back