• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC Soundtracks

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I feel like someone’s done this before, but in your opinion, how would you rank the AC games’ soundtracks? Here’s my ranking.
4. New Horizons. Besides the abysmal prologue music and some hourly themes, this soundtrack isn’t really as bad as some people say it is. The hourly themes do use the main theme way too much but besides that, songs like the New Years themes, Fireworks Festival music, and also the new remixes of old themes are good
3. Population Growing. This soundtrack is really bizarre, but not in a bad way. It’s really creative and unlike other games, it doesn’t really stick to a main instrument that’s used a lot in the soundtrack. Just listen to any song from a different game and then listen to this game’s version of the song and you’ll see what I mean by bizarre
2. Wild World/City Folk. This soundtrack has a lot more basic themes, probably because of the limitations on the DS. However I don’t think it makes the songs worse. A lot of the songs are really good despite being really repetitive. 2pm is a good example. Also the songs new to City Folk, like GracieGrace or the city themes (especially the evening one) are pretty good. I also really like the night and morning themes in this game
1. New Leaf. This soundtrack is calmer than the other games, but I still think it has the best one. It uses a lot of piano in it’s songs. I really don’t have anything else to say. Unlike most other games, which have at least one song that I don’t like, this game really doesn’t have any that I dislike that much. I really like the night themes like main street’s night music on it’s first upgrade, or the nighttime hourly themes

in order from best to “worst” (in my personal opinion, ofc!):
  1. wild world/city folk - i’m probably biased, but wild world’s OST has always been my favourite. wild world was my first animal crossing game, and one of my first video games in general, and the soundtrack is so, so nostalgic for me, and reminds me of simpler times. the hourly tracks are a perfect mixture of upbeat and soothing, and it’s the only OST from the series that i listen to on my own. it’s so calming, and listening to it while studying/working on an assignment has kept me sane and focused many times haha
  2. population growing - this one was kind of hard to rank since i never played the game, but i’ve listened to the OST on youtube a few times, and it’s honestly incredible. it’s not as soothing to me as wild world’s, but it’s definitely upbeat and nice to jam to! there isn’t a single hourly track from it that i don’t like
  3. new leaf - i would happily inject the 11pm and 4am hourly tracks into my veins if i could. the early morning and nighttime tracks are so peaceful to listen to; i love how melodic, but also slightly unsettling, some of the late night tracks are. the daytime tracks are so upbeat and bustling to listen to, and they always did a great job of motivating me to do stuff when i used to play
  4. new horizons - new horizons’ OST definitely isn’t the worst thing i’ve ever heard, and there’s some great hourly tracks on it (i’m looking at you 5am), but it’s still my least favourite in the series. it just doesn’t hit the same as the other OSTs, and i usually just play with my volume off since the music does nothing for me. the 3am track is also annoying lol

New leaf
Wild world
Gamecube
City folk
New horizons

From best to worst:

New Leaf
Wild World
Gamecube (Never played, but have heard a few songs. I like 4 am.)
New Horizons

City Folk is not applicable because I haven’t played it.

New Horizons

New Leaf

Wild World

Gamecube

City Folk

I love them all. New Leaf gives me nostalgia . Gamecube I have listened to on Youtube and I love the 1 am theme from that game. Wild World I also have listened to on Youtube and my favorite theme is the 2PM theme because it sounds like The Beatles' song Here, There, and Everywhere . Listen to Here, There, and Everywhere by The Beatles and then 2 PM from Animal Crossing: Wild World. I'll insert the links below.City Folk is the same as Wild World pretty much except with some additions. My favorite theme from that game is the City theme but not the Original but the remix in New Horizons. The Aircheck Version of Animal City is my favorite. New Horizons is starting to give me Nostalgia since I have played 960 hours of it

Here,There,and Everywhere by The Beatles

Animal Crossing:Wild World-2PM

Back