• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why do people want perfect fruit so much?

Brobasaur

NO RESETTING!
Bells
Winter Mittens
I mean you can't grow it unless it's your native fruit. And it doesn't sell for that much....

You can give it to your villagers whenever they request fruit. In my experience, I go through it pretty quickly because my villagers ask me to get them fruit all the time, lol.

Yeah, the only reason I want it is to give it to villagers when they ask for it. I wouldn't go and spend tbt on it though, I just wait for it to grow in my town. Which it rarely does.

Some people probably like it for the way it looks. Perfect apples at least. XD

I think it's mainly because it's more of a rare or collectors item, since it's sorta exclusive unless you get it from trading with someone who has a different native fruit. Also, I've seen a lot of people use it as decoration in their house/town since most of the perfect fruits look way nicer than the regular natives anyways.

And when it comes to value, a basket of foreign (non-native) perfect fruit goes for 27k at Re-Tail, so they are pretty valuable if you collect and farm tons of them.

I only give it to my villagers. No other reason to have it really.

I guess it's because it's rarer and also because people like to give it to their villagers too. But I could be wrong, considering I'm not one of the people who wants perfect fruits a whole bunch.

Peaches are my native fruit, and the perfect ones look better than regular peaches. All perfect fruit look better, I use it in a more decorative way. And sometimes my villagers will ask me for perfect fruit too.

Last edited:
I have no idea why, but for every town I've ever owned, my native has been pears.

I Hate pears.

Some have a house that is a store. One room sells fruit and other food items.
I have fruit/plant stand in one of my museums. All my villagers get perfect fruit.

I think it's because giving a villager a perfect fruit instead of a normal fruit gives you a bigger chance of getting their picture. At least for me, that's always the case.

I have perfect fruit trees for two reasons:

1. The value of perfect fruit. Like someone said earlier, foreign perfect fruit is pretty valuable, so I have an area in my town for farming them.

2. Dead trees. If you're planning on having a horror area/town, perfect fruit trees are useful because once you've gotten fruit from them enough times, they become dead trees with no leaves. I'm planning on having an area of my town be horror-themed, so I've had perfect fruit trees in that area.

they sell more in towns that are not the same as your native fruit.

you could like hoard a bunch of perfect fruit and then look for someone with them on premium and sell them.

I give them to my villagers, whether it's when they ask or in letters. I read somewhere that it boosts your friendship level with them, but I'm not sure how true that is.​

It's a great way to get villager's pictures by giving them more than what they had asked for. + If you multi-town like 90% of the people probably do you can go to their town and sell there and get Bells so fast because the foreign fruit price + perfect fruit price combined adds up really fast. Especially if you grow an orchard. Probably can get over a million bells easily with 2 runs of full pockets with them in x9 baskets.

I give perfect fruit to my villagers when they request fruit. It improves your friendship rating and they really enjoy it. I have peaches and two of my friends have oranges and pears, so we cycle fruit between our villages.

I've gotten 3 villager's pictures just by giving them the perfect version of a fruit they request. That's really the only reason I hoard them!

idk.. i just like the feeling that i have perfect fruits in my town.. but im not all that crazy for them.

I always thought it was just for aesthetics. Idk, I also don't see the point of collecting them. But it is a faster way of trading large sums of bells.

Back