• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why did W.Link get sad when I decline his poem?

Scythe Sin

World Famous Duck Slayer
Bells
Silver Mailbox
I was playing ACNL recently when W.Link was near, which I then proceeded to talk to the magnificent ******* and he said he wanted my classic chair... Why though...

But he then told me he'd trade me his poem for it and I declined it and then he moped... Wtf I didn't hit him with a hammer though... But anyways, can someone tell me why he went emo all over a damn poem?

PS: what happens if I accepted the poem?

Well, W. Link is a smug personality. They are really charming, flirting and have quite an ego.

They are very easily hurt if you decline a request from them XD I once had Julian who wanted to come visit my house right that moment, but I declined that. He went all mopey on me too, with the sickness-circle emotions spinning around his head.

It's a smug thing XD

I've had Julian and Marshal do the same,although if I saw W Link do it I might just get upset along with him ;)
Smugs are just very sensitive and he wanted you to like his poem...can't believe you upset him like that, smh

Last edited:
Yep, Lazy villagers do a similar thing when they ask you to give them a new greeting in one of their dialogue options. It's like, "Wouldn't it be cool if we had a secret code? We'd be like spies!" and then you can say "Spies are lame." to shoot them down and they'll get really sad. Poor babies.

Marshal did this to me too.. I got scared for a second there when the purple swirly thing popped up. Hadn't seen it before and didn't know they could react like that!

Who knew that W. Link was so poetic, let along Link for instance?

Marshal did this to me too.. I got scared for a second there when the purple swirly thing popped up. Hadn't seen it before and didn't know they could react like that!
Yes, I hate this with a passion.

Lol other people have problems with smug villagers getting sad when their offers are decline but mine are always sweet and just go with it if I say no o_O perhaps it's because it's usually Julian and my player is close with him and I'm usually closest with smug villagers so I guess they don't get upset once you get far enough in your friendship? I love smug villagers XD

O'Hare does that to me all the time... I hate seeing him sad, but there's also no way I'm trading my expensive fossil for his cheap shirt XD

Hans has done that to me before! Pretty sure it's because of his smug personality. He got very mopey with purple swirling things around his head and refused to talk to me for the next few minutes. I love you Hans, but... I wasn't going to trade my furniture for your poem. Sorry.

have yall seriously never experienced them getting sad like that? i experience this all the time

they get sad because they don't care about the work you do to keep the town, their homes, and their clothes from looking like it rolled out fresh like a dumpstee. also to cause you many hours of pain in trying to restore things looking decent. :'D

My question is why would you deny his poem. Poor poor Link! Lol

I don't like poems tbh... But even if I accepted it... I wouldn't know what I would do with it...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't like poems tbh... But even if I accepted it... I wouldn't know what I would do with it...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Back