Who did you choose to live in your town and why?

My current town:

Tangy - my first ever villager from my first ever town, back in the WW days. I love her so much and she's always been my favourite so when she was a starter in my NL town I was so happy <3
Mitzi - one of my first move-ins and I ADORE her, cats are my joint favourite animal in and out of AC and she's just so sweet ;;
Mira - another early move-in! I love her and I'll miss her energy if she ever moves out, but she's not a dreamie or a definite keeper
Julian - one of my ultimate favourite villagers <3 I managed to get him for free when a user on here was giving away villagers for free and I love his sass. He fits my town so well too~
Beau - my favourite male villager ever!! I fell in love with him while playing PC and knew I had to have him in my town. Another kind user on here gave him to me for free and I adore my lazy deer bb <3
Bam - I moved Bam in via Amiibo to get rid of Kidd who I HAAATED and I didn't know how much I'd like him as I'm not a fan of jocks, but he's a sweetie. Deers are my other fave AC species too which probably helps too haha
Diana - my beloved snooty girly <3 she was probably my ultimate dreamie pre-her moving; I love everything about her and when I got a chance to move her in via a user on here, I was so excited.
Chrissy - my most recent move-in! she's one of my favourite villagers ever and my second favourite peppy after Tangy and I'm so happy that she's in my town now, thanks to another user on here who sold me to her after Chester moved out.
Cesar and Spork - starting villagers who refuse to move out -.- I seriously dislike them both and as soon as I get the chance to get rid of them, I will be doing so lmao

Last edited:
Snake - My favourite villager. He is a ninja jock, do I have to say more?
Merry - I originally decided to go with no peppies and move her out but then she started to wear that strawberry shirt and I did what I had to do ?\_(ツ)_/?
Marshall - This one is like a guilty pleasure to have in my town. Talk stuff about people having overly-popular villagers in every DA I visit and get the most popular villager of all times myself... Smh
Lucha - First smug I met, maybe it's part reason why I can't see any other smug villager design fitting to their personality as much as his. I gave him the nickname he gave me in my previous town as a catchphrase "chica" too
Stella - I dislike sheep villagers actually but this one is an exception. Something about her reminds me of an anime girl I found cute, used in discord and grew on me without me noticing but never bothered to learn where it was from because laziness. Now I lost that pfp I only have Stella left lol
Lolly - Another overly-popular villager I have. I exchanged it with Medli because Lolly was the first villager I liked and talked a lot and I wanted her back in my new town. Now I want to get Medli back ripski
Mallary - I gave her the catchphrase "grapes" and this automatically made her one of my faves. Or should I say, naturally
Moe - Used to think his teeth were gross now I like how his design fits his personality
Katt - Sharp teeth, sly eyes, cool attitude and house. Purrty
Lobo - I can't think any other species for cranky personality and he is like the emo king of wolves, so

I prefer to leave the majority of my villagers up to chance because I feel like the game is more fun that way. I think I'd get tired of never changing villagers ever. The only two I chose as permanent villagers so far are Tom (because he was my best friend in my first town) and Tad (because he's my favourite villager ever, except as per my other thread he keeps not moving in!!)

Last edited:
I have 10 villagers listed below just for the sake of the signature, but I still have spaces open that allow for villagers moving in and out to keep the game exciting :) I might also have either Chelsea or Etoile leave as they are too alike.

My favourite two:
-Filbert: he's my favourite since I saw him in Pocket Camp! Bought his Amiibo card and now he's never ever leaving <3
-Stitches: same personality as filbert, but he's just too cute to let go of! :)

So far, I only have one of my dreamies in Mistwood (the town is like two weeks old at this point, lol). I've got Bruce! He's been one of my favorites for a while and I was so lucky when he happened to move in. Deer villagers are my favorite, and so are cranky villagers. Naturally, he's the best of both worlds, lol. It also doesn't hurt that he has the delinquent schoolboy aesthetic going on that I love.

My only other must-have villager is Fauna because I'm basic and the cute deer is bae.

:D My favorite villagers are:

Carmen: I like to imagine that she loves chocolates and she's working hard to becoming a famous pop star
Phil: He was my first smug villager and was always so nice to my character <3 He also kind of reminds me of Pave
Muffy: She's always wandering around the town at night (when I usually play) and she's so round and fluffy that it's really comforting to see her, especially when main street is deserted
Grizzly: I didn't think I'd like him but he was so cute waddling around and saying grr all the time
Lucky: His design was so unique and the first time I saw his house (he was one of my first villagers) I loved the Egyptian theme and all the pyramids
Merengue: Her little strawberry horn and icing are so cute <3
Punchy: He always looks so happy when I give him fish and I like saying mrmpht with him

Thank you for making this thread :D it's great seeing people happy about their villagers

Carmen - My favorite bunny! She's so cute, I love that gap between her little bunny teeth! I chose her because she reminds me of myself.

Felicity - She's so cute! She looks like my kitty. I wanted my town to be a town of cats but I couldn't accomplish that, not entirely.

Yuka - Lives a life of elegance. Moved in unexpectedly.

Ankha - Me me MEOW, all about MEEE-OW! Came with my town, surprisingly.

Marshal - The charmer. I chose Marshal because I wanted a smug baby and he's so cute.

Lolly - My favorite kitty. My best friend.

Pashmina - The big sister of Eureka. She moved in unexpectantly but I still love her and appreciate her.

Cobb - Cobb moved into my town completely unexpected from someone's cycle town. I went into his house and saw he had a stewpot and all the works of a zombie pig. He is the only zombie living in Eureka. His catchphrase and greeting are both "Braiiins". (visit my dream address - you'll love the area he lives in, hahah)

Punchy - The laziest kitty that eats everything. He's one of my favorite kitties.

June - She misses living on the island so I surrounded her with island stuff. Except for the palm trees. Her house is by the river and is surrounded by flowers. I'd always wanted June but she's always been an island villager up til New Leaf.

Last edited:
I chose my town for the silly reason that some of the villager's houses were lined up. Silly because at the time I didn't know it was possible to control it...or that I would want to replace all of those villagers eventually!! But on the plus side, I was new to the game and resetting over and over until I got the right map would have been a pretty boring way to start playing.

I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I wanted to contribute to it...

I actually try to be a little creative in who I pick. The villagers I pick are picked based on whether I like their design or like them, followed by their personality and when their birthday is. They don't really have to meet a 'theme' or anything, just the three factors mentioned above. I basically pick my villagers if I like them, and if their personality and birthday meet a certain requirement.

1. Skye: A Normal Wolf villager, and she happens to be my favourite villager in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Her birthday is in March, so I normally have her in all my towns since there aren't many villagers I like who have a birthday in March.

2. Shari: An Uchi Monkey villager. To be honest, I really don't like many of the designs of Uchi villagers, let alone the Monkey villagers, yet Shari is that one Monkey villager I don't mind. I decided to pick Shari because her birthday is in April, so it covers that month and I was rather tired of picking Phoebe for my Uchi villager. Her birth month shares the month of April with my third villager pick, but I needed an Uchi villager still.

3. Piper: A Peppy Bird villager. Since the Welcome Amiibo update, I like to have at least one Welcome Amiibo exclusive villager in my town, and I needed a Peppy villager. The main issue is I'm not really a fan of most of the Pepper villagers, so I just randomly decided to pick Piper mostly due to her design.

4. Del: A Cranky Alligator villager. To be honest, I just like Alligators and I like Del. His birthday is in May, so I picked him. Nothing more to it, really. Just worked out.

5. Peck: A Jock Bird villager. Honestly, I just needed a Jock villager and I like Peck's design. His Birthday is in July, which made me skip June... but that's fine. I can't cover all months unfortunately.

6. Whitney: A Snooty Wolf villager. These next few villagers I'm going to list are going to make it pretty obvious what my favourite villager species is, but whatever, I'm not ashamed of it. I like Whitney's design, she's a Snooty villager and is a Wolf. Birthday covers September, so it works out.

7. Elmer: A Lazy Horse villager. He's adorable. Birthday covers October. Did I mention he's adorable? I did? Well, he's adorable. I picked him because he's adorable.

8. Wolfgang: A Cranky Wolf villager. My second favourite villager in the Animal Crossing series. I love his design and while he's a second Cranky villager, at this point I have all personalities covered and picked him because I like him and his birthday covers November.

9. Kyle: A Smug Wolf villager. One of the very few Smug villagers I like. I was originally going to pick Shep, but I hadn't had Kyle in one of my towns in over a year and Shep's birthday was literally the day before Wolfgang's birthday. I didn't want to scramble around for two birthday gifts in a row, so I picked Kyle because his birthday is at the start of December.

10. Freya: A Snooty Wolf villager. I picked Freya for a different reason. She was actually in my first ever Animal Crossing GameCube town so I pick her for that reason alone.

Soo yeah, if it wasn't obvious I really like wolf villagers.

im Mayor VaL & My Town is called 12908

ii picked my Villagers because ii wanted everyone who had MARCH BDAyS, March Bdays close to mines, or were Pieces Bdays..

Coco.. March 1st
Chevre.. March 6th
Molly.. March 7th
Midge.. March 12th
Dotty.. March 14th (moved away so im replacing her) Lolly.. March 27th
Doc.. March 16th (my bday)
Cheri.. March 17th
Merengue.. March 19th
Elise.. March 21st (my nieces middle name)
Fauna.. March 26th

Last edited:
I chose them all because I really like their design. I might have also chosen some of them because I had them when I was much younger, like Teddy.

That really interesting to see that a couple of people chose villagers based on their birthdays. I've never even paid any attention to that. I just buy a present when I get the invite and show up.

I don't have specific reasons for choosing my villagers but I'm still deciding what villagers to have permanently.
Marshal: reminds me of a member of BTS
Sprinkle: reminds me of Chuu from LOONA.
Tia: she is just adorable and I love her teacup design.
Pudge: he is such a cutie and I like him but not sure if I'll keep him.
Lily: took her because another user was giving her away but I don't really care for her anymore.
Sydney: was already in my town but will not keep her because I have too many normal villagers
Tom: he moved in and I don't like him.
Gala: also moved in and do not like her.
Diana: lover her house, visual, and personality.

-I mainly chose villagers based on looks, because I love how cute some of them are (My signature has all of them).
-I love the sheep species, so I had to include some of them. Etoile is one of my favorites, because of her beautiful colors and look.
-I love Diana too, and she is one of my favorite villagers. I did use some of my starters as who I wanted to live in my town, because I was familiar with them, and they also looked cute (Like tia).

I'll be completely honest, I chose some of them just by looking up "cute villagers". It seems like the more colorful/pink ones have nicer attitudes, which is a plus.

Julian and Colton I mainly wanted in my town due to their looks! They were my main two favorite horse villagers when I discovered them, they were also fitting for what my town's name was based on. I do want to move Toby (the sanrio rabbit) into my town because I kind of ironically fell in love with his design, even tho his colors aren't normally really a combo I like.

For context i bought acnl bc a friend let me play with her (Hapi) copy before and now I'm making my own town (Pal) and keeping the some of the villagers from her town because i love them and she wants new villagers

So uh we have some dudes from my friend's town
Julian: the first villager i met camping in Hapi and he's really grown on me! He's a sweet boy and i gave him a rainbow shirt summer last year and he hasn't changed it since i think? Also i love his house :))) my friend doesn't really like horses so she said i could take him which is great because i love h
Poncho: he's a little ray of sunshine! And also very little! It's funny when he talks about being buff because he's just a li'l bear but i support his dreams and appreciate that he's awake at 7 am because otherwise I'd have no one to talk to when i play first thing in the morning
Muffy: best sheep very cute and always gives me medicine for bee stings. Also very round and fluffy it's a delight to watch her do the happy dance
Punchy: i love how floppy sounding the town tune is when you talk to him! And his catchphrase is "mrmpht" and he won me over as soon as he said that honestly he's such a chill dude

And from my town there's
Kabuki: my first cranky villager who now owns my entire heart?? He knows he looks scary so he asks for a friendlier greeting :') a sweet but gruff boy
Hazel: she just randomly moved into town one day and i was a bit nervous because people on the internet didn't seem to like her that much but! She's so cute? And tiny??? And she says "uni-wow" huhu she's very precious and i will protect her from anyone who makes fun of her unibrow though she's an uchi so i guess she doesn't need that much protecting but STILL
Tabby: one of my starters and very chill for a peppy villager? I like her a lot she's a cheerful gal
Bertha: the first normal villager i felt more than just indifference to! Her house is a dentist clinic and she is in one of the less populated parts of town (everyone lives near retail except her) which i call the "stay in your lane zone" idk i just like her vibes?
Tammy: a bit before i made my own town my friend asked me if i had any dream villagers and uh i didn't at the time so i looked at the page for uchi villagers (because i wanted one for the free medicine) and i liked her design because she makes me think of that older sister from prince of stride who already has a successful business going and a younger brother who doesn't want to ask her for financial help but gives in because his team really needs a sponsorship? Also she camped in my town before i even started looking for her on the forum so i think that's where all my luck for this month went oof but I'm still grateful
Rosie: the first villager i got through the forum because i missed Carmen and my friend wanted to give me a peppy villager to cheer me up so she told me to make an account and gave me some bells. She's very sweet and Peppy and i love eavesdropping on her conversations with tabby because they just hype each other up since they have the same personality and it's very wholesome and pure :')

I stopped caring about who is moving in or out of my town a long time ago, when I noticed
that it's getting boring to have same villagers over and over again. Back then I cared more
about it, I mostly choosed villagers I liked from their look, like Whitney, Stitches, Monique,
Kid Cat and so on. But now I don't pick any specific villagers for my town at all. Basically,
everyone is welcome now, lol.

Mostly I don't really choose who moves into town, I just let it happen.
That said, I somehow became attached to all the members of Doremifa (or at least scared that the newbie would mess up plans for layouts pre-amiibo update).

Tangy was my dad's favorite villager in the family GameCube town, the very first game I played, so being the child I was, I loved her too. Then she randomly moved into town, and now she's never allowed to leave.
Beau I think was a starter, (or at least an early one), and I didn't really realize how much I loved him until my sister pointed out that I always talked about him.
Tammy is positioned adorably next to Beau in a corner of town and I like her, Nana was one of my first five and just when I get bored of her she says something cute, Rizzo I hated when he moved in, before he quickly became a running gag as the town's creepy possible murderer, Shep and Lucy came from the family NL town, brother likes Alfonzo, and I have no idea why I kept Sally around.

But I've laid out the tiles though out the town and I'm ready for some fresh faces the next time Sally pings! (I've just gotten bored of having the same gang for years,)

My last in Doremifa is Octavian, who I'm planning to move to Inkopolis, my new town that's Splatoon themed since he's almost exactly the game's villain.
I'm planning on moving in the Splatoon amiibo's villagers there, and other than that I'm still going random, and so far I'm planning to keep Marshal, who's house exterior matches where he moved, and Daisy, who I'm accidentally attached to. (And maybe Ankha for similar reasons. She's hiding behind the town hall in the very corner of town.:))

I really bonded with Bruce, Fauna, Grizzly, and Shari in one of my other towns, so I want them for Mistwood very badly. I pretty much want Fauna and Bruce in every town I ever make.

Pietro and Marshal are in my town now and I think I won't let them leave. I used to not like Pietro very much because of his design (I'm not fond of clowns), but he's been so sweet that I feel like I can't let him go. he has to stay in Mistwood where I can love and protect him! Marshal moved into town on his own. I never got the love for Marshal, but he's really cute, so I'm keeping him around.

Back