• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Who is your Mario Kart Double Dash team??

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
As a kid, my go-to team for Double Dash was always Toadette and Daisy. I don't think I have ever played as any of the other characters lol! I guess I was so just obsessed with Toadette when she came out, I had to choose her everytime, and I always liked Daisy over Peach.

Who do you usually choose for your team? Or do you always pick randomly?

My absolute favorite is King Boo, so I quickly unlocked the extra characters and played as King Boo and Petey Piranha, my second favorite.

One of my best friends from school would sleep over every Friday, and she was a big fan of Petey Piranha, so when we played together, she would be Petey Piranha and Baby Luigi, and I'd be King Boo and Baby Mario. Sometimes we would play our own invented game where we drove backwards around the track (to ensure last place) and hit all the item boxes, trying to "free" as many chain chomps as possible. Occasionally we even named the chain chomps and gave them backstories, haha.

I usually used Paratroopa and Koopa Troopa on the Barrel Train kart. Or Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, also on the Barrel Train kart. I like how the booster flames come out of the smokestack on the train kart. I've always liked paratroopas in general, ever since Mario Tennis made one playable. And I like Baby Luigi for the things he says, and especially what he says when you get 2nd-4th place: "Baby Weegee, number not-one."
I believe my ultimate team was Paratroopa and Baby Luigi. On the Barrel Train kart, of course. But I tended to keep the pairs together.

Baby Luigi and Baby Bowser! After unlocking him, I switched to Petey Piranha with Baby Luigi sometimes too.

Double Dash was the best iteration to me! I desperately miss the ability to pick which item to use first whenever I play the newer Mario Karts.

I usually run the paradoxical team of Luigi and Baby Luigi, since Luigi is one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Daisy with Toad! I love Daisy so much and Toad is really cute, plus he has the golden mushroom special item! Daisy has the heart barrier and is my favorite Mario character. I occasionally match Daisy with Peach or Luigi though!

Waluigi and King on the silver/grey pipes! They make a chaotic duo since King Boo can use all specials and Waluigi is all bombs!

As a kid, I always chose Baby Mario and Luigi. Now, I pick Baby Luigi and either Bowser Jr or Diddy Kong. I mainly only pick Baby Luigi to make my sister mad because she thinks I chose it for the special when in reality the chain chomp only won me over once or twice. I also just pick him because I loveee Luigi lol

I own Mario Kart: Double Dash!! but haven't played it in years, though probably ought to revisit it sometime for the heck of it.

Looking at the full roster, I'd probably opt for some combination of King Boo, Waluigi, Peach, or Daisy. If I needed to switch things up with a lightweight character I guess I'd use Diddy Kong or Bowser Jr.

Back