• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Who are your permanent villagers?

At the moment it's just Fang and Tex. Fang is my neighbour and Tex is just great 😁. I used to feel like I needed to keep Ozzie aswell but I have lucky plus I hope to have stitches soon so i dont really need 3 lazies as it's a repeat everytime i talk to them all 😂.

Bones - My childhood friend, you'd have to pry him from my cold dead hands before I ever let him go.
Kyle - Literal love at first sight, and he lives up to the expectation. Love him enough to buy his overpriced amiibo card hahaha.
Eugene - The coolest underrated villager in the whole game. He's makes a perfect duo with Kyle.
Felicity - Got headcanon history since NL hahaha. She's followed me since.
Dobie - Wasn't suppose to keep, but he's the best grandpa.
Olivia - Not sure why but I just really like her. She pairs nicely with her neighbor Dobie as well.
Cherry - A hard maybe, she's just one of the coolest uchis.

Pietro - hated him when I first saw him at the campsite, now I'd never part with him.
Erik - he's just so adorable.
Rudy - my cute little jock. I don't like the jocks generally but he amuses me.
Tia - I've got rid of her twice and had to get her back because I missed her too much. Not doing it again.

I'll probably keep Static and Muffy too but I might change my mind.

The others (Greta, Patty, Blanche, Plucky) I'm more flexible on.

I have always loved Tybalt. I had him in the Gamecube version and always thought his house was super cool and that he was really cute. I got his card in the Welcome Amiibo release (I was SO excited when I saw he was one of the added villagers!) and of course added him right away in NH. I don't really know why, he just really jives with me. I don't normally like the jock villagers but I just... idk Tybalt is neat lol! His big fat eyebrows really make me happy. I just love him. Just check out how he closes his eyes during KK concerts dude he's having himself some church:
tybalthavingchurch.jpg

Attachments

• tybaltbeingchill.jpg
    tybaltbeingchill.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 3
I only have one permanent villager and that's Rodney - I randomly got him back in NL and I fell in love with him so he's been a dreamy ever since. other than that, I let most of my villagers come and go as they please, generally as long as I have their picture first. I get bored having the same villagers all the time so I like to change it up wherever possible.
that being said, I think Beau will be staying on my island for quite a while even though I have his picture. I almost kept Fang forever but swapped him out for Dobie, who I also see staying long term but probably not forever.

Punchy - while I regret using the amiibo card to get him rather than hunting, now that he’s on my island, he is never leaving unless I mess up his house and even then I will invite him back with his card. He was my BFF in NL and is my BFF in NH in spite of the hated bug dialogue. Punchy for life! 🥰 It always makes my day seeing him running around doing airplanes or just walking around with that smug look on his face.

Kiki - I also regret using the amiibo card for her but again, she is never leaving unless I mess up her house and will be inviting her back right away. Since I can’t give her a custom design to wear, I really want to give her the purple renaissance dress or sari but her favorite clothing are brown (and one other color) and simple. I don’t want to give them to her if she isn’t going to wear them :/. Anyways, I adopted her in NL when no one else wanted to take her and I had a spot open. Prior to that, I didn’t think I liked her or her nose but now I love her and her squished nose. ^.^ She is so precious; I connect especially well with her now since she exhibits anxiety similar to mine in some of her conversations (I am aware all normals have this dialogue). Ever since I made a design for Punchy in HHD and used her amiibo to take a screenshot with her next to Punchy, I shipped her with Punchy 🙂.

Rudy - he was my starter villager who I initially wasn’t thrilled about since I didn’t like jocks at the time, but he grew on me the minute i talked to him for the first time. of course, i didn’t know how much more he’d grow on me so i had gifted him a bunch of exercise equipment. I eventually kicked him out twice - first because of the random furniture and the starter house; the second was because he put a viking hat i gave him on display (he looked so cute in it too 😭). But now, he’s here to stay permanently in spite my initial plans to let him move asap since I seriously love him so much and those darn expressions. I used to not be sure on how I felt about his design, but now I see it is kinda clever along with his name ^.^. He is extremely cute when he is mad and is holding an umbrella and is stomping and thrashing around lol.

Raymond - I wish I had found him on an island but I made a friend when I bought him from someone :). His toothy grin just melts my heart and I just love how he looks so grumpy when he is a smug. I love him because I genuinely love his design and him being a cat is a plus. I never cared about popularity even in NL and didn’t pay attention to it aside from making sure i gave an offer equivalent to his worth (I was aware he was popular and a few others, but I don’t know the whole list of who is popular and who is not).

Rosie & Merry: I always liked Rosie more than Merry but Merry has grown on me even more even though I don’t like the peppy dialogue as much as I had in NL for some reason. Rosie was higher on my priority list but I found Merry first. So now that I have them both, it’s kinda hard to see me letting either go even temporarily though I did kick Merry out once because she displayed a black bass.

Sherb - I actually have been debating about letting him go since I have been wanting to find Dom and keep him permanently (thanks to @Intelligent_zombie’s Dom guilt tripping me as well as her efforts by showing me additional cute pictures of Dom and his expressions :p). I’d love to keep both if possible though. I had no interest in sherb initially but that changed when people posted some extremely cute pictures of him. He really is a cutie and so sweet (just stop talking about bugs please).

Roscoe: If he didn’t have the singing hobby (I don’t like cranky singing voices), he would be permanent with no questions asked. His singing has been annoying me since he never stops so as much as I love him and his design the best of all crankies, I may be replacing him with: Spike - been interested in him for awhile thanks to @Hobowire , Gaston - someone I miss dearly from NL (it’s a shame his interior is the worst though), Rocco (loved seeing him in the bunny day outfit; i like him a lot now thanks to seeing him on a friend’s island like that). I love Static and been interested in him for awhile but I believe he has the singing hobby 😭.

I plan on getting Marshal and Ankha for sure and making them permanent residents. The only problem is a month or so ago Judy showed up at my campsite and she has grown on me and she has no amiibo card. I am in the air about her. She is taking up one of the two spots I was using to cycle for a bit before getting Marshal and Ankha.

At the moment, all ten of my villagers are strong permanents. There are, however, some that may eventually head off to brighter horizons in the future:
Apollo: Likely here forever, he already replaced Buzz and I just don't know if Avery or Frank can match his unattainable crankiness. Plus I love his house and his bald eagle-ness!
Cranston: Never leaving. No way! His house, his crested ibis design, all of the Japanese scenery and decorating that I've done around his house, I could not bear to part with this beautiful boy. He's a perfect fit for an aviary, and he's a lazy too so of course I love him!
Egbert: Same as Cranston. Even more so because he's currently still my fave villager of all time. Even if it is nostalgia, he's still WAY too cute and wholesome and weird for me to part with. For me, I can't have an AC game without Egbert.
Friga: I've had Mallary and Becky both in her previous spot, so she's had big shoes to fill. But the more I see from her, the more I like her. I think she has a really understated pretty design, and being a snooty penguin is just a vibe and a half. Staying for now, we'll see if my opinion changes in the future.
Julia: NEVER! Even though Egbert's my all-time fave, Julia is slowly taking over that spot. I never had her in any of the previous games, but I knew I wanted to have unique villagers on my island and she fit the bill! I love that she's a female with male peacock coloring (trans queen), I love how confident and regal she comes off with her design without it being too over-the-top like some of the other snooty villagers, but she's also one of the underappreciated sweeties who can pull off anything she wears with style! She's in my avatar for a reason, she ain't ever leaving.
Molly: Probs another lifer. Ava, Celia, and Aurora have all occupied her spot before but I still think Molly is the superior normal bird. Gladys and Midge have peaked my interests before, but I've always just found Molly's design, her house, her being a cute mallard duck, I couldn't take it if she left.
Phoebe: Always staying. She's an integral part of my island and, aside from Flo and Plucky, she's one of the very few sisterly bird villagers. And though I love Flo too, Phoebe is easily the best so she has no business leaving the Aviary anytime soon.
Piper: At first, I thought I'd eventually replace Piper with Flora since Flora has the more unique design, but now, I feel like I can't let Piper go! She is supposed to be an albino Java Sparrow (can someone say unique?) and even though her design can be read as snooty, I think she fits the role of future, somewhat insecure/trying too hard, peppy villager to a T. Plus her and Sparro are totally an item and I'm not about to break that up!
Sparro: Again, like Piper, I intended the jock spot to go to Pierce eventually but I've just fallen in love with my tree sparrow boy<3 He's never leaving, I find him to be more fitting of the jock archetype while still also being super cute and simple, which is not the case for a lot of the other jocks.
Tex: Another lifer, the smug penguin crushing on literally everybody! His dialogue always makes me laugh/weirds me out the most, and I just love his design being based off of an African penguin species. Again, unique.

Overall, the only two who I could even picture leaving my island eventually are Apollo and Friga, but even then I don't know who could possibly replace them and still love the two of them too much to even consider them moving out.

I decided on my dreamies a bit late in the game, so I've had many villagers pass through my island (Raymond, Merengue, Skye, etc). Luckily, I didn't get too attached to anyone because they all had to move lol.

My island theme is Disney, so my dreamies all share names with Disney characters. So far i've managed to snag Aurora, Alice, Buzz, Flora, Hans, and Ursala. I really love the different personalities and think they really complement each other. I needed a snooty to unlock the last reactions so I recently picked up Queenie, but she'll probably head out.

Still on the hunt for Gaston, Olaf, Wendy, and Winnie! Curse those mystery islands!

I'm glad to see Fang mentioned in a couple of posts, even if they're not absolutely permanent. I don't have him yet, but when I do, he will be my one permanent resident. Nobody else is permanent, I'm letting them all leave at their leisure. That said, I have had Rex and Merry now FOREVER!! They're both from the batch of first island hopping residents, where you had to make decor for the houses. So yeah... since late March anyway. xD

Im keeping :
Dobie
Raymond (got him from 1st campsite villager)
maybe molly cus she was like my 3rd or 4th villager
and probs vivian~

rolf: sweet old man tiger i either found island hopping or was a random move in. he reminds me of a joking grandpa (like my own) and is close to my heart for that reason. plus the thing's he says make me laugh a lot he's very scatterbrained seeming to me which i am as well so it adds to my love
judy: she was a random move in and i instantly fell in love with her. she is so cute and soft and looks like she'd feel like a calico critter doll. i love her soft voice.
norma: was a random move in or an island hopping find i think? she is such a nice color and i am a die hard fan for cows in general. i love her freaking pigtails and her home is so so cute!
chevre: i really wanted a goat villager, but was trying to not have too many of one personality so my options were a little slim. i ended up picking her after going back and forth about it and got her from a sweetheart on here (ty IslaYuka!!). i love her a lot more then i thought i would and she gives me big fall vibes. plus she has gf.
agnes: i just have always thought she's cute and wanted a piggy (can you tell i love farm animals yets?) so i picked her and got her from LittleMissPanda on here (ty!!!) i'm liking her alot!

Right now I have two islands. On my original island, my permanents are Julian, Raymond, Dom, Sherb, Audie, and Reneigh. On my secondary island, I found Audie again, this time on my first Mystery Tour. I really love Audie. Her color scheme is fantastic.

I currently have 5 permanent villagers: Rolf, Sterling, Punchy, Rudy & Buzz.

This is the first game I had Buzz. He's pretty underappreciated, probably because of his simple and bland color scheme. But I adore his always angry face.

Lobo would be my 6th permanent villager. I had him but had to let him go because I was doing the campsite method back then and really didn't give much care about permanent villagers. I'd love to have him back though.

Rod would be my 7th. He was my starting villager but I didn't like his starting house. Also the same reason with Lobo.

Bob would be 8th. Because Bob. I really want him, but cats are so hard to come by on Mystery Islands. And I still haven't encountered him after going through 100+ villagers with the campsite method and giving up.

Most of my villagers except for one are permanent. Marina has yet to ask me about moving.

Here's my list in order of importance. :)
  1. Felicity
  2. Pekoe
  3. Judy
  4. Rosie
  5. Diana
  6. Skye
  7. Whitney
  8. Francine
  9. Chrissy

my villager lineup is honestly always subject to change, but as of right now, my permanents are skye, margie, audie, beau, zucker and bam :)

Mine are Molly, Flora, Whitney, Judy, Julian, Genji, Kabuki, and Drago. Molly wasn’t on my original list but she ended up becoming my favorite when I found her on an island.

Back