• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Who are your permanent villagers?

I don't have any dreamies, don't like the concept, but I think I don't want to ever get rid of my first two villagers. Plucky and Billy have been with me since the beginning. I can't get rid of them. I felt that way a little bit with the next 3 that moved in, but then realized that's half my island, so I've let 2 of them go. I don't think anyone other than those first two are permanent, but I recently got Puddles and she was one of my old favorites from my GC town, so I think she'll be around for a while.

Basically, any wolf villager is permanent to me. Currently, that would be Skye, Freya, Wolfgang and Audie.

my current villagers that I will be keeping forever are melba, bob, and felicity! i also really love annalisa and fang, but they are not permanent. i won’t let them leave until I get their photos and then they’re going.
i don’t have all my dreamies yet, I only have 3/10 :’(

Only absolutely definitely not going anywhere ever villagers are Whitney, Julian and Audie and Bianca 💜 I love Dobie, my fave grandpa, Megan my beautiful purple care bear. I adore stiches but have amibo so maybe a swap at some point. Reneigh just not sure.

I am wondering, for those of you who have permanent villagers--ones you would never, ever boot out--which villagers are they?

After playing NH since early May, these are the villagers that I'm finding I can't part with.

*Colton--He's the perfect smug, imo. Every line of smug dialog sounds great coming from him. And he wears all the posh clothes and crowns with panache. So royal.
*Skye--She's such a lovable dork, dorkier than many of the normals. "Airmail" has to be one of the randomest catchphrases ever.
*Carmen--I keep thinking of booting her but then I can't. She's a great peppy rabbit and her expressions are perfect.
*Wolfgang--I love all the cranky wolves and Wolfgang has a great design and a gorgeous house.
*Dobie--He's adorable and I love his retired detective-looking house.
*Poppy--She's super cute and her house is beautiful.
*Muffy--She's got the best gothic house and is so cute. The sisterly dialogue sounds right coming from her.
*Genji--His design is amazing and his house is so fancy. I can't believe a jock would have such a gorgeous house, but I'll take it.
*Ankha--I like many snooty villagers, and Freya and Whitney are close runners-up, but Ankha's frowny face is just the best.
Mine are Chief and Lucky
Chief because of his design and personality. I love his colors because I really like yellows and bright orange, I like foxes and wolves and he's a foxy looking wolf. Also I feel like his personality is different from any cranky I had he sings literally all the time more than my peppys and smugs.

Lucky also because of design I love dogs and I like creepy stuff like mummies and monsters and he's the perfect villager for my horror side of my island.

Honestly? As of right now, I'm not planning on having any "permanent" villagers. I'm hoping to keep this island for a full year (never done that before that I can recall, lol) and I get bored if I keep villagers for a really long time. I'm actually at the point where I'm thinking about "seasonal" villagers. Like, I had Lucky for Halloween. He recently moved out after I found Stitches as the perfect replacement for late fall/Toy Day! I also had Sylvia for Halloween since her colors/house worked so well, but I replaced her with Deirdre who I bought off someone on here for late fall and winter. That being said, I have some villagers I'll have for a long time. Coach and Merry stuck around for months before I let them go. And, currently, I've had Julia and Shep for a long time. I bought Julia off here because I adore her- not only is she super elegant and lovely, but I love how she's absolutely a male peacock. And Shep is such a handsome smug boy. I find most dogs look top heavy, but his furry head balances so well.

I have 12 of my favorite villagers in amiibo cards, but I like to have variety on my island so I like to switch them out and then sometimes just get new villagers. But there are 2 villagers who I'll always keep.

Pudge is my first. He's my absolute favorite villager and I ordered his amiibo as soon as the game got a release date. He was one of my first villagers in Wild World, the first AC game I played.

Second is Coco. I got her from one of my friends early on in the game and she's one of my very favorite villagers besides Pudge. Normal villagers are also my favorite personality, so I like having Coco and one other normal villager.

All of the villagers in my signature! I've been slowly collecting my dreamies whenever I get a villager wanting to move out.
Lucky - a cute dog with a unique aesthetic
Kabuki - one of my fav designs for Animal Crossing, plus I love cranky villagers
Tangy - another unique design, plus she fits well with her house near the island's orchard
Merengue - I didn't want my island filled with just typically ''cute'' species, Merengue is my fav rhino and has such a good baker theme
Judy - for my towns/islands I like to have a few of the newly added villagers in each game, and I just love her colours!
Audie - I have a big bias for wolf villagers, and Audie gives me "rich lady in her beach house" vibes
Zucker - I really wanted an octopus villager, and his design was my favourite!

Hoping to eventually add Tia, Julian, and Sherb to my island!

Merengue - she's just too cute, and I want her house to be part of my diner area (like she's the chef and her house is the kitchen)
Ruby & Coco - both bc they're just precious wittle wabbits and they have a little spookiness in their eyes (or lack thereof)
Joey when I get him - I want my lake area to have a duck in it and he's my favorite ^^
and Kevin is probably gonna be my permanent jock, or stay for a good while

so far:

Bob. he's a dreamie. he was in my original gamecube town and I just adore him.
Doc -- this was unexpected. he's just a lazy bunny and I love him lol. I like to think that he reads a lot in his down time and maybe plays some music. I put a little guitar outside of his house.
Dobie: he's just an old grouchy wolf and I love it. His room looks like a detective's home!
Bruce: I can't wait for Dobie and Bruce to argue.
I like bruce because he's just a cantankerous goat. His room is sort of messy and makes me think that "back in his day" he was really into skateboarding

My 10 permanent villagers are Raymond, Ankha, Merry, Bob, Katt, Tom, Mitzi, Kid Cat, (yes I love cats), Audie, and Julian. It took me 3 weeks of insanely tedious campsite time traveling to get them all.

I also love Punchy and Lolly. I was tempted to do an all-cat island but Audie and Julian are just precious. I adore Julian's house interior. I like Skye and her home a lot as well. Wish I had more room for her. And Bianca is a cute snow leopard. So many good choices!

I'm holding off from having permanent villagers for as long as I can, so I can meet more villagers! I also look forward to the thrill of island hopping whenever someone asks to move out and I'm ready to let them go (and giving my S/O live updates, haha).

Currently, only Judy will be staying on my island indefinitely (or until I get bored of her, at the very least), since there is no way to get her back easily. Once my S/O is ready to let his Goldie go, she will be staying long-term or for good on my island as well to keep the special dialogue with my partner whenever he visits my island. :3

I have an ideal villager line-up coming to mind (Bones, Butch, Cherry, Daisy, Goldie, Judy, Julian, Maddie, and Rudy), but I'm not in a rush to achieve it. 😊

I know for a fact that 9/10 of these villagers are going to remain permanent members of my town. Just not sure if Merry is going to mesh well with my city theme or get along with my other villagers

Merry: She has a funny, goofy, and childish look to her. I had her in one of my old towns but got rid of her as I had 2 other Peppy villagers. Willing to give her another shot.

Tiffany: I love, love, LOVE Tiffany. She is extremely underrated and I think she has one of the coolest Snooty designs. She literally fits the Snooty personality so well and she can pull off some sick outfits. She's been on my island for a while and I don't think i'll ever get rid of her. She's on both of my islands.

Judy: I don't just like her because of her popularity. She's actually my favorite out of the new villagers because she's been so kind and sweet on my town. She always talks and greets all of my villagers and she has a great friendship with Lolly and took her catchphrase!

Ribbot: He has an awesome design being a robot. He makes metals sounds when he walks and is one of the nicest jocks I have ever seen! Love his house design too, don't want him leaving at all.

Sylvana: One of the cutest and pure villagers I have ever seen! So cute and very caring towards me! She runs around with Tasha in the plaza!!! I think her house is so beautiful and I cannot find any reason why I would ever replace her.

Static: Very comedic and nice cranky. He loves to interact with his BFF Chief. Love these two lads.
Chief: He's very protective over my MC and and he's very nice and sings all the time. I don't want him to separate from his friend Static.

Tasha: Awesome goth queen! She is so kind, generous, and caring towards everyone in my town and I couldn't ask for a better Snooty
villager! I really didn't meet a nicer Snooty villager than her! She will have a forever home at Lolly land.

Sherb: He's sooo cute!!! Love goats in real life. He's very nice and gets along with everyone.

Finally Elmer: I literally do not regret picking up this amazing horse from an island hunt. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE. He's so kind, cool, funny, amazing, and is like a real life best friend to me! He has always been there for me and has shown lots of love in important events when he greeted me for my in game birthday and hosted it at his house. I would literally BALL MY EYES OUT if he ever left me town.

This is my full lineup. Lolly isn't there but she might be coming back to replace Merry if I don't like her. Everyone else is permanently staying and I am so happy with the choices I made for this town! 😊❤❤❤

Lucky for sure. He is so adorable and I found him in a mystery island it was the best day ever lol. Also Deirdre she is my favorite uchi villager. Erik too, he asked to move out recently and I said no. I have three lazy boys because I have Raddle too but they are all so cute so I don’t want to let any of them go

I initially didn't want permanent residents on my island, but the thought of having my island without Marina, Static, Apollo or Cole makes me feel like my island would be missing something. I got all these villagers very early on and they've established themselves as faces I'm always hoping to see when I boot up my game.

Olivia, Rosie, Ankha, Lolly, Fang, Kyle, Erik, Deirdre, Molly and Scoot!

Back