Who are some of your favorite anthropomorphic characters in media?

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
In case you don't know what I'm talking about I am referring of course to animal characters w/ human-esque features and/or qualities. Bugs Bunny(Looney Toons), Sonic the Hedgehog(Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games), Buster Moon(from the movie 'Sing'), Isabelle(of Animal Crossing fame, obviously;)), Legoshi(from the Beastars anime), Callie Briggs(from the Swat Kats cartoon), etc. are just some of the examples I'm referring to!

Some of my personal favorites include:
Sally Acorn (Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM cartoon, Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comics)
Bunnie Rabbot (Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM cartoon, Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comics)
Callie Briggs (Swat Kats cartoon)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)
Maple (Animal Crossing series)
Bluebear (Animal Crossing series)
Charlise (Animal Crossing series)
Pekoe (Animal Crossing series)
Loona (Hazbin Hotel)
Fang (Contra Hard Corps)

There may be more but I'll edit the list as I remember(as I expect you'll do the same, instead of clogging up the thread w/ unnecessary new posts). LAY' EM ON ME, FOLKS!:D

Some of my favourite anthropomorphic characters in media are The Pink Panther (from the old cartoons) and Rocko (who's a wallaby, not a dingo).

There's definitely others, but they don't come to mind at the moment.

A non-exhaustive list:
-Vibri (Vib Ribbon) (wiki link ‘cuz of all the NSFW on google :^(
-Usahana (Sanrio)
-Moe (Animal Crossing)
-Flora (Animal Crossing)
-Lily (Animal Crossing)
-Parappa the Rapper
-Lucky (google doodle olympic games)

Excluding Animal Crossing characters:
  • Gumball Waterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Mordecai, Rigby & Margaret (Regular Show)
  • Ruff Ruff Man (Fetch! With Ruff Ruff Man) - Loved this PBS show as a kid; haven't seen an episode in over a decade so I sort of forgot what it was about. If I'm not mistaken, I think Drew Carey of The Price is Right voiced him.
  • Blue (Blue's Clues) - Another childhood favorite.
  • Balto - I haven't seen the movies yet, but I love his art style!
  • Various characters from MLP: Friendship Is Magic - I feel comfortable enough to admit on this forum only that I'm a guy that actually wants to watch this show all the way through, but have been keeping this confession hidden from others since the show premiered for obvious reasons. I saw a documentary in one of my college classes about the emotional impact the show has on men, and how said men watch the show mostly for the lessons it teaches and ignore the fact that it's aimed towards adolescent girls. I've kept my passion for Animal Crossing hidden mostly for similar reasons before joining TBT, and now I'm not afraid to tell others that I'm a big fan of the game. It would be much harder to do the same for MLP, as that's an easier thing to make fun of for average internet users. My parents (whom I still live with) would probably question it as well, which is why I would need to find a good time to watch the show without getting judged randomly.
There's probably more, but I forgot their names.

These are only outside of AC:

- The Wattersons
- Brian Griffin (pre-season 6)
- Some of the Muppets (especially Kermit and Fozzie)
- I guess King Dedede counts
- Itchy and Scratchy (they're from a show within a show, so that makes them fictional fiction)
- Tails
- Yoshi. Can't believe I forgot about him at first.
- Mordecai and Rigby.

Probably some more but I can't think of any.

Last edited:
My Little Pony is my top favorite~ I love the series, and aspects of the Fandom. Pony wise my favorite is Soarin, but I like multiple other Pony in that series too.

Also love looney tunes. Especially Daffy., he's my favorite.

These are only outside of AC:

- The Wattersons
- Brian Griffin (pre-season 6)
- Some of the Muppets (especially Kermit and Fozzie)
- I guess King Dedede counts
- Itchy and Scratchy (they're from a show within a show, so that makes them fictional fiction)
- Tails

Probably some more but I can't think of any.
Those are some solid picks! I would probably add Jake from Adventure Time as well for me.

Those are some solid picks! I would probably add Jake from Adventure Time as well for me.
How did I forget about Jake? I definitely should have added him.

Ooh, this one is hard to narrow down….
—Richard Scarry’s characters are nostalgic for me. (Huckle Cat, Hilda the Hippo, Lowly Worm, pigs, various bunnies) If you don’t know who I’m talking about, he was a children’s book author who wrote several word books and some of his characters got adapted into a TV show and video series.

—Animal Crossing characters

—Sonic characters (sometimes)

—Does Sanrio count? I think of some of them count.

—Doraemon

—Shippo from InuYasha

—Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece

—Arthur

—The Elephant from Sing

—VeggieTales

—Some Mario characters, like Yoshi, Birdo, Goombas, Koopalings, etc.

—Looney Tunes (my favorites are Porky Pig and Marvin the Martian)

—Tom and Jerry

—Muppets

—Donald Duck

—Bluey

—Blue and Paprika from Blue’s Clues

—Little Bear (another childhood favorite)

Last edited:
I have lots of favorite anthropomorphic characters, and this isn't even all of them.

T-Bone (Animal Crossing)

Angus (Animal Crossing)

Tipper (Animal Crossing)

Patty (Animal Crossing)

Rodeo (Animal Crossing)

Coach (Animal Crossing)

Vic (Animal Crossing)

Stu (Animal Crossing)

Norma (Animal Crossing)

Naomi (Animal Crossing)

Doc (Animal Crossing)

Wubbzy, Widget, Walden, and Daizy (Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!)

SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Squidward Tentacles, and Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)

Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber (VeggieTales)

Various Super Mario Bros. characters

The Watterson Family (The Amazing World of Gumball)

The Muppets characters

Mickey and Minnie Mouse (Disney)

Little Bear (Little Bear)

Oswald (I'm talking about the blue octopus with a bowler hat from his title show, but I also like the lucky rabbit, too.)

Kitty White, Mimmy White, My Melody, Kuromi, Cinnamoroll, Keroppi (Sanrio)

Pablo, Uniqua, Tasha, Austin, and Tyrone (The Backyardigans)

Rintoo, Tolee, Hoho, Lulu, and the rest of the other anthropomorphic characters (Ni Hao, Kai-Lan)

Here are just a few of my favorites off the top of my head:

-Mitzi (Animal Crossing)
-Rizzo (Animal Crossing)
-Rover (Animal Crossing)
-Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Rocket (Guardians of the Galaxy)
-Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
-Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes)

How did I forget about Jake? I definitely should have added him.
It's all good! There are so many that its hard to keep track of them all sometimes lol. Like One Piece has Chopper and I like him to. He is funny with his carefree and naive child-like personality.

Back