• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what are your favorite little details in acnh?

The jiggle physics applied to the handheld bags. They move around like an anime girl.

Having drinks like the Shamrock Soda or Sparkling Cider have its own animation to denote a toast, letting them be different from other drinks that are now drinkable.

Both the Cranny and Resident Services looking different depending on the season and event, sometimes it's even many small changes leading to the big event.

The way flowers and bushes shake when the beans hit them.

The sign outside of Able's creaking when it's windy.

I saw that when you exchanged feathers on NL, they didn't even bother to make specific models for each color, it's just a bunch of different-colored feathers. For NH, they took the time to make the appropiate models and that's such an insignificant but neat detail that showcases the love and care poured on this game.

Your neighbors mentioning how it's the first time they visit your home and also giving you their favorite music track when you visit them for the first time is very cute.
Omg I just remembered! When your villagers go to your house and just plop on the floor lmao. It makes it seem like theyre comfy

Did you know villagers will make comments about their respective photos if they happen to see one of theirs outside. (I don't know if this dialog still exists in 2.0 and after)

I have to hand it to this game for its detail attention.

- The fans making plants shake when blown on.
- Rain droplets on windows in houses when its raining. Cosy vibes 10/10.
- Villagers walking around and eating food/drinking.
- Villagers sitting down in your house or their house and reading a book. So cute :3
- Seasonal decorations outside of Nook's Cranny and RS. Particularly love the Christmas ones.
- The animation for Brewster preparing your coffee.
- The fountains do a little water show every time the clock strikes a new hour.

I could go on and on. I love so many things about this game.

Mist in the morning on the river and ponds.
Wind moving through the trees and plants.
The way your breath puffs when it's cold.

I adore the toe beans that every villager has underneath their feet in the game. They all look so adorable with their little toe beans! I also like the noises that the snowflakes make during the wintertime when the snowflakes are close by you. Another detail that I like about ACNH is when the villagers start singing a cute birthday tune for either your birthday or another villager's birthday party. Plus villagers also become fascinated by flowers and stop next to a flower planted on the ground to gaze upon the beauty of the flower. A villager will smile when they interact with objects such as a volleyball or another item that is able to be interacted with and it makes me smile seeing a villager on the island smile as well. Whenever there are birds or owls on top of the bulletin board, you'll hear the birds making noises which is another cool detail that is in the game.

i’m not sure if this counts as a little detail or not, but i absolutely love the throwback photos in the roost! right beside the entrance, there’s 3 photos on the wall — one is of k.k.’s roost performance setup in wild world and city folk, the second is of brewster and blathers, and the third is of the roost building from new leaf! all 3 photos make me feel warm inside and nostalgic, and i love that they were included! 😊

090F82CB-41C6-4858-A801-4B1251932872.jpeg

I love having a music player playing Welcome Horizons, making the villagers sing it in the plaza at random times. Such a lovely melody and so charming when they are performing concerts together. :)
Watching villagers playing airplane is something that always makes me smile, too. ^_^

I like that not only the flowers, trees, and potted plants move from fans and wind, but the dress on the dress mannequin sways too
(idk if the normal clothes mannequins move though, I meant this one)

Dress mannequin - White - Blue | Animal Crossing (ACNH) | Nookea

I like how when you perform a reaction in front of a villager, they mimic the same reaction as you, or they smile happily. Another detail that I like too is when you are attempting to capture a tarantula or a scorpion and you hear their little noises as they proceed to angrily stare at you in the game as you keep getting closer to them with a bug net.

I like how your character sort of twirls the shovel when doing yard work when someone is visiting your island. It is such a cute little detail :)
Post automatically merged:

The villager's can be quite bland, but I do like that they dress appropriately to accommodate for the weather. Hot, cold, rain, snow ect. Some of their rain-gear and snow clothes look cute on them.
The rabbits are so adorable in the snow, their ears hidden under the hat. :) I also love how they dress approriately for the weather and that they change clothes during the day.
Post automatically merged:

Ohh - and not going to spoil anything, but if you put/hang villager photos in your home and touch them when the villagers visit, their reactions are really sweet. One of my favorite recent discoveries! ^^

I just discovered yesterday that you can actually deposit bells into the piggy bank. It's a neat little detail.
I love that! The sound it makes as you deposit bells is really enjoyable. I have one standing outside and sometimes when I run past it I have to deposit some bells... Now I have like 15K in the piggy bank because of it ^^`

The things that happen when it's the next day at the airport. Like you can't visit Harv's Island if you're on HHP or vice versa. Wilbur will say it's for some confidential reason. How Orville says he can't start any flights because he doesn't want to miss Isabelle's announcements, I like the Orville one, it shows the other residents watch the same broadcast too.

The things that happen when it's the next day at the airport. Like you can't visit Harv's Island if you're on HHP or vice versa. Wilbur will say it's for some confidential reason. How Orville says he can't start any flights because he doesn't want to miss Isabelle's announcements, I like the Orville one, it shows the other residents watch the same broadcast too.
Haha, I never knew that! Will have to try that out. :)

Back