what are your favorite little details in acnh?

mouthrat

wild sprout
Bells
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
i noticed that animal crossing: new horizons has a lot of cute little details that make the game more fun to play and more enjoyable in the moment. i don't know if the things i'm listing were also in previous editions of animal crossing, but i have played a bit of new leaf so i know some of these things don't appear there. my favorite little details include:
  • isabelle gently cocking her head to the side after the end of a broadcast
  • how the butterflies land on flowers and kinda stay there for a bit
  • how you can release river fish into the ocean and vice versa
  • how your hair gets wet after diving or being in the rain
  • how you can hear villagers munching on their food
  • label's little notepad when she's waiting for you to come back with an outfit
  • how leif talks slowly like a sloth
  • kapp'n's engine starting animation
  • how the bird/owl sits on the bulletin board when there are unread messages
  • how the player's knee bends when they are on a slant
  • the way the drop-off box opens and closes
  • how the villagers sing your island tune
i'll add to this list when i notice more things but this is all i could think of. personally i think this thread is severely needed. if you guys think of anything please let me know! <3

Last edited:
Oh great thread. I love
• effect of fan on hanging clothing
• shock of villagers when you buy an item they’re looking at in Nook’s cranny
• the wheels moving for wheelchair and other items with wheels when pushed
• the occasional lightning
• the lighting through windows in house when fireworks on (august)
• the footprints in the sand disappearing after a while.
Probably got a few more but better leave some for others ;)

So many new things to appreciate in NH:

*The animated wallpapers & floorings
*The sparkling winter scene that's just so crisp & beautiful I feel I can actually see my breath in the cold air
*How HHP really improves on the HHD. I was so bored by the coldness of the villagers in HHD I quit playing it after 2 weeks
*The way Gala's ears move independently (left, then right) when she exercises! Was so fascinated the first time I saw it lol.
*The facial expressions on both the human & animal characters when eating or drinking, I don't know how to describe it, it's just funny to me looking at it close-up.
*The clothes!!! I used to dress mainly in qr codes in NL but there are so many cute outfits in NH
*The zoomies
*The stretching exercise which I've been longing for since I never played the GC version. SO HAPPY they brought that back though I'd love to be able to talk to them while exercising :p Perhaps they'll bring back the sports day in the next version where we can participate!

The way your face lights up when you're using your Nook Phone at night.

All the little cameos and references to older games/characters like the photos at The Roost, the stickers on the back of K.K.'s guitar, the piece of clothing tied around Label's bag, etc.

The way residents read different magazines, eat different foods, drink different beverages and even lift different weights depending on their hobbies and who they are.

It's really hard to narrow it down to a few favourite examples!

I like trees in real life and I love the trees in the game. The details in the leaves, the way they rustle and shake in the wind, makes me feel like I could watch them forever. Regarding the animals, I always follow an islander when I spot one following a bug! So cute. They seem so curious, the way they tilt their little heads this way and that, the way they sprint after the insect when it jumps or flies. Or even when it's just a snail and they stand and watch it, all distracted and attentive at once.

Watching Brewster prepare my coffee at the Roost feels like I'm attending a traditional Japanese tea ceremony. His slow and deliberate movements have a calming effect on me. I love it. I still drink coffee at the Roost every day even though I've already received the brewstoid.

Finally, I feel like the animals are full of life. I especially enjoy watching my islanders just doing what they do or interacting with each other. It reminds me of Tomodachi Life (if only they would make this game for the Switch!) and how the miis would talk to each other animatedly, laughing or thinking, and then if everything goes well, a ring of stars would pop up which tells you that they have become friends. In AC, I enjoy watching out for their reactions too. I always wait to see if one of them would walk away, skipping happily, or stomp away in anger, like a pint-sized Godzilla in training. 😆

I have great appreciation for the little things. My favorite things have to do mostly with the villagers. I love how villagers wave to each other when they are close in proximity. I love that villagers talk and acknowledge each other. I love when they sing the town tune.

• the way your footsteps make entirely different sounds depending on what type of path you're walking on
  • the way certain items blow around when in close proximity to a fan
  • how villagers dress for winter when it snows (& how ones with big ears like rabbits ram them into their regularly-sized winter hats instead of the hat just being a tiny thing that sits on their head. it fills me with joy every time i walk up to carmen and her ears are completely disappeared under her cap because it's adorable)
  • how everyone has their own phone case pattern, something you'll barely if never see since villagers don't really pull out their phone but it's a thing anyway
  • the way you can actually watch Brewster pouring your coffee in HD + how you can watch the colour change as he pours if you have him add milk

Speaking of the hourly bell chime; one detail I really love is that fountains also put on a little water show on the hour too! I love that, and whenever it's about to strike the hour, I like to run to my plaza to watch the fountain shoot water into the air.

Speaking of the hourly bell chime; one detail I really love is that fountains also put on a little water show on the hour too! I love that, and whenever it's about to strike the hour, I like to run to my plaza to watch the fountain shoot water into the air.
I’m actually mid-edit for a new video about this very thing. So cool!

frog villagers are the only species that don't use raincoats or umbrellas during rainy days ; their skin absorbs the moisture. they'll even comment on this during such ocassions!
Bonus points, the comments are alike to their personality, I have had a frog for all the personalities before, unfortunately I couldn't get the dialogue for each personality but I got most: Camofrog(cranky) says that the rain is refreshing for his tired old body, Lily(normal) says a grateful comment that she is happy for the rain, Puddles(peppy) says the rain is perfect for her frog fashion show, Diva(sisterly) talks about how she's the best puddle jumper out there because she's a rough-and-tumble frog, challenging you that you could never beat her, Henry(smug) mentions how the rain reminds him that he is a frog and asks why are you confused do you need me to ribbit for you for you to believe I'm a frog? (lol my smugs usually say random humorous stuff like that) I never got the dialog for Jock and Lazy and I can't tell if what Gigi(snooty) says about the rain is exclusive dialog to snooty frog(s) [yes I know she's the only snooty frog] or if this is regular snooty villager dialog about the rain.

Everytime I trade and when the seller delivers my orders and puts them down on the ground I will always have a villager or two walk by go straight to them and look at the stuff they’re putting on the ground. They stay there staring for quite a while. Always cracks me up for some reason.

Back