• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Which NPCs will be back? - confirmed and missing list

tumblr_inline_p9tifkI5SK1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifqHsJB1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Cyrus and Reese: honestly it makes me super sad to say that but they might be new leaf only. their roles are not needed anymore. they MAY appear as tourists in your island or in the cafe but i think thats the most we can expect. low chance

It may be a largely unknown fact, but Reese and Cyrus also ran a flea market. Players had to ability to put items on display, and set whatever price they wanted. These items could be bought by other players, and even villagers (provider the price wasn't greater than x%)

While New Horizons will replace the customization, it's yet to be confirmed if Reese will continue buying our goods for a higher price than Nook's. There is also no confirmation on anything replacing the flea market.

Only 1 out of 3 of their roles has been confirmed as being replaced.

Last edited:
nat hasn't been shown in person but he's in a poster in a room of the museum if that stands for anything!

ESWl_yGWAAMACH_

nat hasn't been shown in person but he's in a poster in a room of the museum if that stands for anything!

ESWl_yGWAAMACH_

That room is the lab we have seen but don?t know much about it. It is interesting see where npc end up and who doesn?t come to the island. There is lot of npcs and are all loved in some way.

Last edited:
This makes me sad, a lot of these NPCs are such an iconic part of animal crossing

I would very much like Reese and Cyrus (and/or maybe their kid?) to come back and run an ACTUAL recycle shop. Like, "Here is this D.I.Y. item I made, I don't want it anymore" and maybe they could salvage it and give you some of your materials back? That'd be cool. I really liked Reese and Cyrus, and they were super important in New Leaf, so I feel New Horizons would feel just a little less perfect without them there, too.

This is such a great idea! I would love that.

I would also love to see Kapp'n return!
Side note, where did you find those pixel sprites? They're adorable.

I hope that Phineas will come back despite the nook miles.. i was so happy when he was walking in my town :)

I hope that Phineas will come back despite the nook miles.. i was so happy when he was walking in my town :)

New Leaf had Phineas and Meow Coupons, New Horizons can manage both. Phineas was about rewarding achievements, while Nook Miles are not achievements, but tasks and challenges.

Last edited:
I would very much like Reese and Cyrus (and/or maybe their kid?) to come back and run an ACTUAL recycle shop. Like, "Here is this D.I.Y. item I made, I don't want it anymore" and maybe they could salvage it and give you some of your materials back? That'd be cool. I really liked Reese and Cyrus, and they were super important in New Leaf, so I feel New Horizons would feel just a little less perfect without them there, too.

I love that idea! I can definitely see their role as recyclers being used for the new crafting feature. I hope that’s what’s going to happen for them. Also them having a purple child would be so sweet.

It may be a largely unknown fact, but Reese and Cyrus also ran a flea market. Players had to ability to put items on display, and set whatever price they wanted. These items could be bought by other players, and even villagers (provider the price wasn't greater than x%)

While New Horizons will replace the customization, it's yet to be confirmed if Reese will continue buying our goods for a higher price than Nook's. There is also no confirmation on anything replacing the flea market.

Only 1 out of 3 of their roles has been confirmed as being replaced.

You’re so right, their other roles are still available so I really hope that that means their shop will continue.

I really hope Brewster and crazy Redd come back. Also the pelicans. All of them are so iconic that I hope they all find at least a small role in the new game. :)

I will be so sad if they don't bring Phineas back!! I get so excited when he comes to my village to deliver badges.

Last edited:
Back