• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Which NPCs will be back? - confirmed and missing list

Amilee

Star Child ~
Bells
Switch
5264-7931-2223
Island
Johto
White Crescent Moon
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Andromeda Potion
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Pink Crescent Moon
Gold Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Rainbow Moon Jellyfish
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Which NPCs will be back? - confirmed and missing list

i was thinking about which npcs we have already seen and which not yesterday and i felt like going through them all and see how likely / unlikely they will come back. i will also give my personal opinion if i think they will come back or not. you can give your opinion too and maybe together we can find some ideas on how they may come back. also id like to say that this is just speculation and all of them could appear in at least some form (like visiting the cafe or as tourist walking around on your island)
ill give them a high or low chance of coming back and undecided if there are pro and contra for both.
also english isnt my native language so sorry for any mistakes

Still missing:

tumblr_inline_p9tifhQpvb1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Blanca: we didnt see her yet and at first i was sure that she will be back for april 1st but she wasnt shown in the update list for holidays and they just said the first update is for easter. maybe its not a big enough holiday and its in the game without the update. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifpU1xc1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifp0NY41qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Booker and Copper: its not confirmed yet but im 90% sure we can build a police station again and if not im sure we will see them in some other way. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifn75zK1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Brewster: same as booker and copper to be honest. pretty sure we can build a cafe or upgrade the museum to have one. i also think we will meet a lot of the other npcs in there every once in a while. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifnm7kF1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifh3bfQ1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Chip and Nat: They both have replacements now with C.J. and Flick but i can still see them be in the game. There is a room in the museum for research and it has Nats face on a poster. It could still be just an easter egg but it could also mean that they both will work in the museum when we donate enough. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifqsYM51qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Crazy Redd: we havent seen him or have we seen an art exhibition at the museum but i still believe he will be in the game. we will probably upgrade the museum and he will show up with his tent infront of town hall. i really cant see them cutting out someone as important as Redd. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifkI5SK1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifqHsJB1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Cyrus and Reese: honestly it makes me super sad to say that but they might be new leaf only. their roles are not needed anymore. they MAY appear as tourists in your island or in the cafe but i think thats the most we can expect. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tiflBERI1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Digby: really unsure. coudl come back with Happy Home Academy or something else. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifn8UyE1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Don: not much i can say here. he will probably not come back because im not even sure if we will see resetti (except hearing his voice) low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifqHAdX1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Dr. Shrunk: also probably will not return. we will learn emotions from villagers. maybe he can teach us special emotions but i really doubt that. he could get a different role but i cant think of one right now. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifiRysT1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Gracie: might be replaced by label but also could come back when we upgrade the nook shop. dont have a strong opinion here. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifgqKLV1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Harriet: probably wont come back as we can style ourselfes anywhere now and we buy new hairstyles and colors with nook miles. she might come back as a traveler and sell wigs or special hairstyles but i honestly doubt it. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifjBKEy1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Joan: replaced by Daisy Mae. may come back for special occassions (red turnips?) or some sundays instead of daisy mae but im really not sure if we see her again. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifhQRcV1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Kapp'n and Family: pretty sure we will see Kapp'n again because there is a dock on every map. not sure about his family tho. i hope we see them again. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifm7NBl1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Katie: im really unsure about her. she could have her usual role easily but also traveling on a train for a child is one thing but visiting deserted islands on a plane? idk maybe if she has grown up a little more undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifj0ml61qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Katarina: pretty sure she will be back with her tent in front of town hall. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifm26r01qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Leif: will probably come back when we upgrade the nookling store or be a traveling merchant selling bushes or flowers. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifoH7Cv1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Luna: unsure here tbh. i can see there being something like the dream suite again because it would be really stupid for them to cut that feature but it might as well be something else or isabelle/nook do it. i dont really see a need for her to come back. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifkjnmJ1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Lyle and Lottie: happy home academy ist confirmed so they might come back or just one of them. maybe we will just here from them in letters. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifnwwfI1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Pascal: not much to say here. he could be implemented very easily so i bet he will be there. high chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifoki9R1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifoeerb1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifoq4n31qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Pelly, Phyllis and Pete: we know the post office isnt there anymore, we can deliver mail over the dodo airport and the adb is in the town hall. i can see Pete walking around the island but they all might be replaced by the dodos. I cant see Pelly and Phyllis return other than visiting the cafe sometimes. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifmpY5t1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Phineas: might come back might not. im really unsure here and dont really have an opinion. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifhNwDx1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Porter: completely replaced by the Dodos. i dont think we see him in this game. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifjXk1D1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Rover: could be on the plane we travel but this plane is a one way trip to our island so i dont see him return. low chance

tumblr_inline_p9tifiNGaE1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Tortimer: hmm really unsure. i dont think he is dead as some people think and he might appear in the cafe or checking out the island later on. not a big role tho. undecided

tumblr_inline_p9tifqa2WG1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Wendell might come back might not. he could easily have the same role as in new leaf or in other games but i dont know if he is important enough to bring back sadly. undecided

Confirmed:

tumblr_inline_p9tifiEZY61qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifphN491qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifpFiiv1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifg0ipd1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifhz6uA1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifioFmS1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tiflSvYq1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifm04NO1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifm941t1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifqEpIB1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifrErzE1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifupufL1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifvs2vw1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifgomKQ1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifguTd41qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifis7l41qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifjuN851qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifk6t8P1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifk3O0b1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifkoB321qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tifgzVLr1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
+ Harvey

so thats it~ let me know your opinions and if i have missed anything :3

Last edited:
i’d honestly be really sad if some of these npcs don’t return, like dr.shrunk, pascal, brewster, etc. a lot of them have been important to animal crossing’s franchise and it’d be disheartening if they were gone.

they can get rid of lyle though,, annoying lil otter

I'm going to be a little upset if Crazy Redd and Brewster don't return. A little cafe on a tropical island seems perfect, and I'm desperately hoping that some sort of museum upgrade eventually unlocks artwork. Plus, I just love Crazy Redd. Tom Nook and Resetti are no longer (if they could have ever been considered as) the resident NPC jerks, so Redd's shifty little butt is kind of nice to have around sometimes.

i'd hope to have reese and cyrus, i think they were very sweet but it's true.. i can't see what roles they'd have in game! i assumed maybe gracie would be in it but i guess, you might be right? but i suppose we never know! the most important one for me tho is brewster! definitely need him@!!!

edit: and the fox!!

Last edited:
if rover or dr shrunk don't return then like. what's the point of anything honestly

Harvey is also confirmed back. I don't know if people liked him, but I kinda did.

My bet is that we'll see pretty much everyone back who was present in NL/HHD (so this includes Lottie). My reasoning is they're bothering to bring back all of the villagers that were in NL (including WA) minus the special villagers. I bet Nintendo hasn't shown many NPCs because NPC appearances are fun and special, and they don't want to spoil that for us.

I don't know if we'll see the NPCs that haven't been seen since before NL or not. I feel like the chances are a lot less likely.

i'd hope to have reese and cyrus, i think they were very sweet but it's true.. i can't see what roles they'd have in game! i assumed maybe gracie would be in it but i guess, you might be right? but i suppose we never know! the most important one for me tho is brewster! definitely need him@!!!

edit: and the fox!!

I would very much like Reese and Cyrus (and/or maybe their kid?) to come back and run an ACTUAL recycle shop. Like, "Here is this D.I.Y. item I made, I don't want it anymore" and maybe they could salvage it and give you some of your materials back? That'd be cool. I really liked Reese and Cyrus, and they were super important in New Leaf, so I feel New Horizons would feel just a little less perfect without them there, too.

I would very much like Reese and Cyrus (and/or maybe their kid?) to come back and run an ACTUAL recycle shop. Like, "Here is this D.I.Y. item I made, I don't want it anymore" and maybe they could salvage it and give you some of your materials back? That'd be cool. I really liked Reese and Cyrus, and they were super important in New Leaf, so I feel New Horizons would feel just a little less perfect without them there, too.

That sounds like a great idea! I saw somebody (can't remember who) mention the idea of a cute purple kid alpaca and that I love that. I hope Nintendo mixes these ideas... or gives us something else fun. Reese and Cyrus were way too adorable. We need them back!

This thread is really nicely laid out and I like the sprites you used – thanks for taking your time to do this. I agree with all of this too.

i want pelly back! she was one of my favorite npcs! also redd. i loved collecting artworks

I really think Brewster and Redd will return, which are definitely the main two I'd like to see back. I think the museum will upgrade eventually for the artwork and Redd will visit outside the town hall. I think the cafe will be a project like it was in NL. I do think Copper and Booker will return too. I can't say I'm too bothered about the rest of the unconfirmed NPCs returning; I expect they will be tourists that visit our island at random points anyway so I'm not worried!

Last edited:
If they get rid of Harriet...

I felt like she was pretty important in previous games, but if they're just going to replace her like that with a Phone... :(

I really think Brewster and Redd will return, which are definitely the main two I'd like to see back. I think the museum will upgrade eventually for the artwork and Redd will visit outside the town hall. I think the cafe will be a project like it was in NL. I do think Copper and Booker will return too. I can't say I'm too bothered about the rest of the unconfirmed NPCs returning; I expect they will be tourists that visit our island at random points anyway so I'm not worried!

thats what i was thinking too! most of them will be back for sure even if they just have a small role.

This thread is really nicely laid out and I like the sprites you used – thanks for taking your time to do this. I agree with all of this too.

thank you!! ^-^

Back