• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which is the best platform to do art commissions?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I need some advice on doing RLC art commissions and the recommended platform for selling art commissions.
Which sites do you use for RLC art commissions? I'm curious.

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask)
Art shop prices.png

here's my art shop poster for reference.

save one or two, i've personally requested all my art commissions over on toyhouse. only real problem is that you would need someone to give you an invite code, but other than that, i would say there's definitely a lot of people willing to spend rlc on art over there, so you should have at least decent luck !!

save one or two, i've personally requested all my art commissions over on toyhouse. only real problem is that you would need someone to give you an invite code, but other than that, i would say there's definitely a lot of people willing to spend rlc on art over there, so you should have at least decent luck !!
Thank you for your advice, I already have a toyhouse (although, it's wip): https://toyhou.se/Yanrima

There are several art discord channels as well! I haven’t actually sold any art on these discords, but they really open up the world to the possibilities…

I've personally mainly bought art commissions from artists I follow on Instagram, but the problem with that is it's kinda hard to advertise them until you get a following. Wherever you end up selling I wish you good luck tho^^

I think I've seen the most people post on Twitter and use DMs or email to communicate. I've also seen people use ArtStation, which seems a bit like DeviantArt in letting you post a gallery of work.

I’m not familiar with which sites are the most popular and best for commissions, but one site that I feel is a good option is DeviantArt ^^

Like most websites though, it may take a while to get known on that site. But there are plenty of commission-related groups that you can add your commission menu in, which can help get it noticed ^^

Like this site, there’s actually an alternative currency to real life cash: Points. Some people have point commissions open on there, and you can use the points you get to purchase commissions of your own. ^^

Points could also be used to get premium memberships, instead of real life cash, but I don’t know if that’s an option with points anymore.

I typically have the most success networking through Discord as well as Twitter. Most of my commissions come from people who I've built a relationship with, professional or otherwise. I see the most commissions from strangers on Twitter, but that's also where I tend to be most active. It really depends on the type of content you post.

Deviantart imo is good for long term portfolio building for non-industry artists, and is nifty if you're making fan comics or works. Twitter is best for general engagement, wips, etc along with Insta, Tik Tok, etc....

I honestly got my first commissions from Reddit though. Reddit is cool for targeting specific communities.

No matter where you go though, you're not going to have much luck without building up a base, and I suggest doing this through multiple sites at once so that if one site has an issue or falling out, you aren't screwed by putting your eggs in one basket.

It's a rough, extremely competitive game. I hope the best for you going forward! Also, imo, your prices are criminally low for what you're offering. You could always do special experimental commissions for people before taking full on slots, or do YCHs. Either way though, at the very least pay yourself according to the time taken in what you do appropriately. It gets very tiring very fast when you know you're underpaying yourself, and it'll kill your motivation. That's speaking from experience though

Back