• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which dog breeds would you like to see in AC?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
All the dog villagers share the same basic shape, which makes them all seem like the same breed of dog. I know we have Isabelle and KK Slider and all of them, but for villagers.. it would be cool to see maybe a Pomeranian or a Husky! (maybe wolf villager who looks like a husky?)

What dog breeds would you love to have as villagers??

I would love to have Shiba Inu villagers!! They would probably fit in the lazy or smug personality type; at least my pet shiba would anyway lol. The closest dog breed I have seen to that would be Cooper the npc who is an Akita. I also would love to see some Samoyed breed villagers. I think I just have a love for the spitzy type dogs.

borzois…why not add them when all they do is for you?
IMG_0748.jpeg

Bea is definitely a beagle, so we have one of those. Her name suggests that. My first dog was a beagle, so I became very attached to Bea when she appeared in my Gamecube town. I'd love a husky or a greyhound, just because.

Nothing in particular for me. I would just like to see villager dogs that have their ears standing up like copper and booker or even have a docked tail.
And I wouldn't mind seeing a black dog... we have a black cat... and in general a million cats at that...

Haha this immediately brought to mind Nintendogs! I love that game so much, it's so nostalgic for me. I'm so glad to still have my copy of Dalmatian and Friends. Any one of these good boys and girls would make excellent candidates for Animal Crossing dog villagers, especially Pomeranians, Shibas, French Bulldogs and Pugs! They're all so cute! 🥰🐶🖤

Nintendogs + Cats Breed Lists Revealed - News - Nintendo World Report

Can you imagine if they put an XL Bully in? That would have the fandom very divided, with those who would insist he's a sweetheart vs those who find him a bit frightening.

borzois…why not add them when all they do is for you?
View attachment 530789
I have loved borzoi for years! Always glad to see them getting some love. I don't use TikTok but it's been funny to gather that someone made something viral about borzoi, because now this joke is all over the place. Anyway, I would embrace them in the next AC game, obviously.

Huskies (has nothing to do with UCONN). And also, chihuahuas. I had to check again because I was sure I could remember a special character that was a chihuahua. But no.

Edit: oh, I think I remember now! I’m pretty sure the special character I was thinking of was Serena. It doesn’t say she’s a chihuahua on Nookipedia, but still.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a dachshund villager, they're so cute! Also, it would be neat to see a dog villager based on a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and its personality should be snooty or smug since they're sophisticated breeds. Other dog villagers that I'd like to see are a Yorkshire Terrier, husky, or German Shepherd.

German Shepherds and Huskies have the wolf ears so I feel like they would be placed in the wolf AC type despite being dogs. Its like Drago being based on a dragon, despite being in the alligator AC type.

Here is a list of those that would work with the dog AC type

Schnauzer = Cranky
Dalmatian = Jock
Great Dane = Smug
Saint Bernard = Lazy
Dachshund = Snooty
Bloodhound = Sisterly
Irish Setter = Normal
Maltese = Peppy

Back