Which do you prefer C.J.'s Fishing tourney or Flick's Bug off?

C.J.'s Fishing tourney or Flick's Bug off?

• Total voters
I prefer the bug off. Fishing tourney is a lot easier with friends to help you get more points.

The Bug-Off. I preferred the Fishing Tourneys in the older games.

I also miss really Chip and Nat. CJ is one of my least favorite characters in the entire franchise. It was a blessing when Chip took over in Pocket Camp in August, and same for Jack this month.

Even though I prefer fishing in general when it comes to the tourneys I enjoy the bug-off more, find it easier to compete in and collect prizes and think Flick is a great NPC so always nice to see him around the island.

The fishing tournament only works if you have some bait so I went with the bug off
Wow, you've reminded me that I've never used fishing bait ever for the fishing tourney. It's also the reason I missed the Stringfish back in March 2020. Why is this one super-useful thing something I keep forgetting about?

Reactions: oak
To be honest I’m not a fan of either because of the tools breaking. But if I have to pick one it’d be the bug off because I always reel the fish in too quickly.

To be honest I’m not a fan of either because of the tools breaking. But if I have to pick one it’d be the bug off because I always reel the fish in too quickly.
I used to always try to catch the fish at the wrong time too. Then I read a suggestion to try to catch the fish by sound instead, and that really improved my catch rate. I keep my eyes closed so that it's a lot harder for the fish to fake me out.

As for the people who are having trouble catching bugs on stumps, do you all use the creeping motion to catch them? I only found out about that after reading this forum. Before then, I used to just take a regular step, wait for a second for the bug to calm down, take another step, wait, and then repeat as necessary. It seems to work well enough so I haven't tried the creeping motion very often.

I have also just learned about the trophies from the Bug Off and the Fishing Tourney from this forum. I'll have to put more effort into participating next time.

I think I prefer the Bug Off just because it's easier. I always have trouble finding enough time to do everything I want to do in the day so getting a lot of points quickly is nice.

I prefer the Bug-Off over the Fishing Tourney by far. The bug-off is a great way to earn a lot of bells and get some cute rewards for a small amount of time. I feel like bug catching is way easier than fishing, and you can yield more bugs than fish within the event’s time limit. Plus, Flick is my spirit animal lol
Post automatically merged:

I used to always try to catch the fish at the wrong time too. Then I read a suggestion to try to catch the fish by sound instead, and that really improved my catch rate. I keep my eyes closed so that it's a lot harder for the fish to fake me out.

As for the people who are having trouble catching bugs on stumps, do you all use the creeping motion to catch them? I only found out about that after reading this forum. Before then, I used to just take a regular step, wait for a second for the bug to calm down, take another step, wait, and then repeat as necessary. It seems to work well enough so I haven't tried the creeping motion very often.

I have also just learned about the trophies from the Bug Off and the Fishing Tourney from this forum. I'll have to put more effort into participating next time.

I think I prefer the Bug Off just because it's easier. I always have trouble finding enough time to do everything I want to do in the day so getting a lot of points quickly is nice.
I use the creeping motion a lot for all sorts of bugs, from stump bugs, tree bugs, to scorpions and tarantulas. I find it very helpful!

Back