• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Where do I find the fishing rod?

Gabo864

Bells
Hey everyone

I'm new to Animal crossing. I'm having some trouble getting Bells. I have gone all over my town shaking trees, but I already picked up most of the fruit and bells I got from them, How long does it take for the trees to grow more fruit?. I purchased a Net and a shovel, but I can't find the fishing rod, where do I buy it from? Do I have to wait for the store to have it in stock?

Any advice how to get bells other than shaking trees? Thanks.

i think it takes 2-3 days for fruit to grow back, but you can also sell seashells if you haven't already. as for the fishing rod, you'll have to wait until nookling's has it in stock. but when you ask Isabelle for advice and she gets to the fishing/bug hunting speech, you can choose fishing as your preferred bell earning method and she'll offer to sell you one if you can't find one at nookling's. :)

Fruit takes three days to regrow. Talk to Isabelle at the town hall for "helpful advice." One thing she'll ask you to do is catch fish or bugs. Your choice. Tell her you want to fish. She'll offer to sell you a rod for 500 Bells if you don't have one. That'll be faster than waiting for it to show up in the store.

DO NOT SHAKE THE TREES WITH NO FRUIT FOR MONEY! You will get stung by bees and will have to spend more money on medicine to get rid of the bee sting... (unless a villager gives you some)

Last edited:
DO NOT SHAKE THE TREES FOR MONEY! You will get stung by bees and will have to spend more money on medicine to get rid of the bee sting... (unless a villager gives you some)

You don't have to take medicine. If it bothers you, save and quit. When you restart the game, your face will be healed. However, it doesn't hurt anything if you just leave your face swollen while you go about your business.

You don't have to take medicine. If it bothers you, save and quit. When you restart the game, your face will be healed. However, it doesn't hurt anything if you just leave your face swollen while you go about your business.

Also, the swelling isn't visible if you wear certain kinds of glasses or headgear, though villagers will still comment on it for some reason.

DO NOT SHAKE THE TREES WITH NO FRUIT FOR MONEY! You will get stung by bees and will have to spend more money on medicine to get rid of the bee sting... (unless a villager gives you some)

Bees aren't a 100% thing though. Non-fruit bearing trees can produce coins and 1 or 2 items a day. Not to mention beehives sell for 500 bells a pop so it's worth getting stung on occasion. Also if you're close enough to a building you can run in and not get stung at all. Saying not to shake non-fruit trees at ALL is kind of bad advice.

Bees are worth 2500 a pop, and their hives are worth 500. There's a bit of a learning curve to catching them, but once you get good at it, it's much better than the 100 bell coins that drop from the trees. Although, I only shake trees until I get my two pieces of furniture, usually.

Thank you all for all the great advice! One more question, I went to talk to isabelle and she said people in town wants more flowers, how can I do this? Thanks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bees are worth 2500 a pop, and their hives are worth 500. There's a bit of a learning curve to catching them, but once you get good at it, it's much better than the 100 bell coins that drop from the trees. Although, I only shake trees until I get my two pieces of furniture, usually.

I've tried to do this without success, I even thought it was not possible, but I guess I'll keep trying! Thanks for the advice.

Talk to Isabelle at the counter and ask about "Advice for Living" - it takes about 20 minutes to finish all the tasks she talks about. At one point, she will ask if you want to fish or catch bugs. Since you already have the net, tell her you want to fish. You can talk to her again and you have the opportunity to buy the fishing rod from her. Complete all the tasks and she will give you a watering can as a gift once you are done. This will allow you to water all your flowers. You might consider picking all the flowers and replanting them closer together to make it easier to water them all at first. You'll soon get a whole lot more.

By the way, watering each flower gives you percentage points towards your mayor approval.

The shovel is buyable at the store each day or the next day after, and flowers can be bought there too or if you have the island unlocked you can take some from the grass there or do tours that have free flowers for grabs, so good luck xD

As soon as you see the bee hive drop from the tree "Save and Continue" and the bees will be gone without stinging you.

If you need advice catching bees, what I tend to do is run north of the tree, then open inventory to 'pause', and then equip the net. you will automatically face south, and as soon as you see the bees, press 'a'. Also, for advice, grab a shovel. Everytime you find a rock, dig two holes as per this 'picture' (Imagine they're all lined up XD)
x=holes
s=space around rock
l=Place to stand
r=rock
x
x l s s
s x s
s s s
You can do this on any corner of the rock. Hit that rock. If it drops bells, keep hitting 'a' until it stops. It also may break, or do nothing. There is one rock that will break in you town per day, and give you bells per day.
Good luck~

I would watch some videos on YouTube for bee catching. It's difficult but totally doable. Also if you want to complete your museum you'll have to do it, and doing it now before you start developing your town will make it a heck of a lot easier :)

Thank you guys. It took a couple days, but I was finally able to find it! btw Ive seen several floating gifts in my town. How do I get those down? Ive tried everything. Thanks.

Thank you guys. It took a couple days, but I was finally able to find it! btw Ive seen several floating gifts in my town. How do I get those down? Ive tried everything. Thanks.

Once the Nookling's store is upgraded, you'll find a slingshot for sale. You'll use it to shoot the balloons.

Back