Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
When I play in my town, i want to see my other character walking around! Or at the very least, sleeping in their beds, if they have one. Or just in their house sitting somewhere. It makes me sad that I can never see them around like you would in a dream town. I hope they fix this in ac switch and let my alts coexist with my mayor! Does this bother you too?

yep!! it bothers me >:[ in fact i was talking about it with my brother just earlier. it feels weird to not have them around like the other villagers, makes them feel like strangers in a way, even though they're supposed to be normal villagers of the town

yep!! it bothers me >:[ in fact i was talking about it with my brother just earlier. it feels weird to not have them around like the other villagers, makes them feel like strangers in a way, even though they're supposed to be normal villagers of the town

Right?? It makes them feel like strangers.. or they exist in a parallel dimension rather than in my world. :(

I would really like to see my alt hanging out in or near his house like he would in my dream town. I don't spend much time playing on his character but I created him and his house specifically because I thought they would be aesthetically pleasing in my town. So not being able to see my alt at all when I'm playing with my mayor is a bit disappointing.

I would love to see mine hanging inside their homes at least. You can go in the homes as the Mayor and there is no one...it's like where are they? It seems weird but it would also be odd to see them walking around town...at least have them show up in the house.

I liked seeing them sleep in their attic in City Folk. I wouldn't want them walking around the town though. I know they do in dream towns, but it seems weird to have player characters wandering around as NPCs. I'd be fine with having them wander around if enough people want it though, as long as they gave you an option to turn it off.

I liked seeing them sleep in their attic in City Folk. I wouldn't want them walking around the town though. I know they do in dream towns, but it seems weird to have player characters wandering around as NPCs. I'd be fine with having them wander around if enough people want it though, as long as they gave you an option to turn it off.

Maybe each character can have their own idle setting. So you can set it to appear sleeping, or walking around town, or even away so they don't show up.

lol, the idea is that your alt character represents another living human person. So imagine if instead of you controlling your alt, it was some other real person you were sharing a town with. Your 'alt's' location would be where ever the real human controlling them is. And since you're the one playing the game, your alt would not be using the 3ds at the same time as you. They would be off doing something else. That's why alts don't show up in the game and why you only see one human at a time in your town. :)

I haven't really thought of this, maybe cause I am all my alts? No one shares a game with me, not since the WW days. But the idea is cool, it's would be more like that live in the town rather then just a ghost.

But also kinda creepy. Like I walk in Dulce's house one day and she's in the back cooking up somethin or doing dishes, like how the animals interact with that stuff in HHD. Like you're supposed to be asleep, why are you sweeping? o_O

Why do they not just standing around in their houses and saying their text if you talk to them like
the characters of other players you meet via Streetpass at the Happy Home Showcase? If it works
there, why not in your own town too?

lol, the idea is that your alt character represents another living human person. So imagine if instead of you controlling your alt, it was some other real person you were sharing a town with. Your 'alt's' location would be where ever the real human controlling them is. And since you're the one playing the game, your alt would not be using the 3ds at the same time as you. They would be off doing something else. That's why alts don't show up in the game and why you only see one human at a time in your town. :)

Hm, never thought it that way. Makes sense.

Last edited:
very smart idea!
In one of my towns i play the most than my sister!
maybe just show them collect the mail once per day and go back to sleep

Yes! It has always bothered me that as the mayor we can just walk up into the alts houses even though they aren't anywhere to be found. We don't get to go into villagers when they're out so why would the alts be any different?
I wish they were more similar to villagers in that if they're in the house we can come in and visit and if they're out wandering town we can knock and get a message like we do for villagers
"...hmm, they must be out!" or "No one's home!"

Side note: It also would be cool if when they ARE home we can knock and see their customized greetings from like the TPC card or customize a welcome greeting of some sort!
I have a woodland/magical merchant character and her quote is already "Hello! How can I help?" And it would be awesome if she said that as you walk into her "shop"

EDIT: I'd also love if they somehow were more similar to the villagers in general. Like when we give isabelle our details while making a new character we could choose their "type" as well(maybe based on how we respond to her or maybe even rover??, like if we're kinda mean we end up being smug or snooty and so on) and then talking to an alt outside they would have like an uchi personality and and you could befriend them and create varying levels of relationships between ALL the characters!

Last edited:
I remember first playing acnl and then getting my alt sweets set up and finding it really weird that I didn't see my mayor in her house like she was on City Folk, I've gotten use to it but I still wish I could see her sleeping in the bed in the house or something just so there's not a random ghost house a player might just pop out of eventually.

Yeah this bothers me a lot. They should at least walk around like they would in a DA. Or be seen on mainstreet/cafe/in their house.

Yeah this bothers me a lot. They should at least walk around like they would in a DA. Or be seen on mainstreet/cafe/in their house.

YES. I mean, how adorable would it be to see them all hanging out at Roost's, enjoying coffees and chatting. It's fine if we can't really interact with them, but to just SEE them would make a world of difference.

Back