Ghostly Preserves
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Rainbow Moon Jellyfish
Bee Plush
Special Snowflake
Pumpkin Pie
Shooting Star
...should I reset the game at the end?

A little background: back when the game came out I picked it up and played through it once as a pacifist run. At the very end when Flowey asks you not to reset the game, I was so moved by the characters and story that I actually listened to him and I didn't reset the game ever.

It's been years since then, and I've been feeling like replaying Undertale. I wouldn't be "resetting" that particular save file since I've got a new computer now, so a part of me knows there's at least one save file out there on that old laptop that never got reset :)

But now I'm thinking, when I replay the game soon... Should I reset that game?

I can be pretty sentimental over fictional stuff, I get very immersed very easily, but I'd really like to experience the whole game for once.

If I do reset, do you think I should reset multiple times? I was thinking of doing either a genocide run first then pacifist, or pacifist then genocide then pacifist again.

What do you guys think? I would like to relive the game in whatever way is best.

Resetting it after True Pacifist gives you new dialouge with the characters and honestly is something I've done more times than I can count. I mean I absolutely adore Undertale. I love it so much I scrubbed my previous computer of any trace of my Genocide run because I felt so awful about it.

I think you should, if only to do another True Pacifist run. I mean I've done it before. Its a little awkward, and Flowey of course isn't happy about it,but in the end everyone is happy again. It's almost like wanting to spend more time with your friends, in a way?

Hi! I just wanted to warn you that I don’t recommend doing a pacifist run after a genocide run, because then you’ll get the ‘soulless pacifist ending’, which is pretty scary (just look it up on YouTube if you want to see what it is, unless you already know about it!).

Hi! I just wanted to warn you that I don’t recommend doing a pacifist run after a genocide run, because then you’ll get the ‘soulless pacifist ending’, which is pretty scary (just look it up on YouTube if you want to see what it is, unless you already know about it!).

I didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up!

If you're gonna do it on a separate save file, feel free to reset it! I'd like to think you're playing the game in an alternate universe where things have played out a little differently. Toby Fox, who is the creator of Undertale, did a stellar job making us have emotions for fictional characters. I think that's one of the reasons why it's loved by many.

Without spoiling, doing a pacifist run after the genocide run would be a bit tedious (especially pacifist-genocide-pacifist) because the changes in the second pacifist run are small, even with the bit at the ending for it (it's still cool tho). But it's still good to play for immersion and knowing the stories for yourself!

Also, you should try other combinations in different runs, like who to kill, spare, etc. The dialogues are really cool. One in particular made me real sad

Back