• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

When Did You First Start Playing ACNL?

Emolga59

Ignore my lineup pls 💜
Bells
Zipper Sakura
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Crystal Tree
Crystal Tree
Snowstorm Scenery
Christmas Candy
Snowstorm Scenery
I started playing it last year so I'm kinda new to the franchise compared to other people on TBT. What about you guys?

Started playing it the 2nd day of release I think. Still play it to this day (long breaks in between)

I got a late start on ACNL as well. I started my first town in October of 2017, so I haven't been playing nearly as long as some people on here.

I started playing when they released Animal Crossing: Wild World in Australia, in 2005.

After a long break, I got NL in 2016.

Last edited:
June 9th 2013 bay-bee. I was helping my mom clean various buildings in the early morning and I started getting so antsy to leave once it hit like seven or eight and the stores were open lol it felt like she was taking forever!!! Can’t believe it’s already been 6 years since then.

2013, i had preordered it but the trainee at my local eb games accidently sold it to another customer so i had to wait an extra week, i also never got my preorder exclusive because of that which is a big fat rip

I played a lot when the game launched for about 2 years and then took a long break. Picked it back up when the Welcome Amiibo update came. When my 3DS broke I didn't replace it for quite a long time. Earlier this year I replaced my 3DS and started my game over on an actual Welcome Amiibo cart. I was playing daily up until very recently and have everything unlocked except the fortune teller shop and T&T Emporium. I still need to pass two more fashion checks to complete this upgrade.

ACNL has a lot of staying power. ACNH will be the same I am sure, and will still be playing it in 2026.

I bought New Leaf right on release day in 2013. I had been playing the series since Gamecube, so I had to pick this new game up as soon as possible. I remember back then when everything about New Leaf felt so new and exciting. That was the most excited I've ever been for a new game, and I was not disappointed.

I actually didn't buy my 3DS XL until 2015 so started ACNL that November. I played the Gamecube one as a kid.

Sometime in December 2013! I bought my 3DS refurbished on amazon first with the intention of getting ACNL as my first game (it was the only game I was interested in playing when I bought it). I ended up buying a digital version of Mario Kart 7 while I waited for my physical copy of ACNL to arrive. This was right before my winter break while I was still in college and I remember I had a ton of work to do still, but my urge to procrastinate took over haha.

Started playing on release date in 2013, and have played on and off since then. The 3DS has been too hard on my wrists in recent years so it has put me off playing. I am excited for New Horizons with the big pro controller!

I started playing in august of 2013 as a birthday present. Played it everyday back then. I decided to pick it up again in august 2016 after losing my original copy in 2014. I still play it from time to time.

May last year; we were moving into our new house, then, so I guess you could say we were turning over a New Leaf, too XD

Got it at release, played a couple of years and sold it. Got it again about two years ago.

I started playing New Leaf right on release date. It was a Sunday, so I wasn't sure I would be able to go pick it up on that day, but my parents let me and I was really happy. I fell in love with the game instantly and it was like literally the only game I wanted to play at that time. :)

I had it pre ordered. Started playing it on the car ride home from gamestop and I still play it every once in a while.

One day before it's release day, so in June 2013. There was a shop here in my area which already sold the game earlier, was so happy about this as I couldn't wait any longer for it back then.

Back