• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's your town name and why?

My town is called Arcadia, just because I thought it sounded really futuristic and reminded me of a big city. I really like that name, I'll probably have it in all of my future towns.

I named my town Shiri because I've read somewhere that it means 'butt' in Japanese. It was the biggest mistake of my life. I also don't like my layout but I've done far too much in this town to ever reset it. Guess that's why I'm excited for HHD.

Slumber. I thought of the phrase 'a sleepy town' and that was the first thing in that came to mind. There y'go. Slumber's sleepy.

I named my town Edolas, which is a Fairy Tail reference. Truth be told, my town is nothing like Edolas, since Edolas should be fairy-tale themed yet my town is completely modern instead, but I just chose the name because I like how it sounds, lmao.

MLGTown,emm...just search "MLG" on YT

But what's the story behind the "Weedtown" thing? It's obviously a Snoop thing, but...Is your town full of weeds to match your weed theme? There's so many questions left unanswered!
Anyways!
My town names are Wagstaff and My Mom's
1.) I really like Bob's Burgers, made my mayor after the character Mr. Frond who works at the school...Which is named Wagstaff.
2.) I like Momma's Boys so...They're always at their mom's.

Walnut cause it was the name of the street where I grew up with, but I honestly wish I could change it.

Kouhie because I really like coffee, and I wanted to make it sort of more interesting, so I took the romanized Japanese word (kouhii) and sort of english-ified it because I couldn't stand the way the two i's looked together.

Skyloft, because it was because of Skyward sword and a rpg called Skies of Arcadia Legends (mostly SS)

named my town Madrid, after the beautiful city in Spain because I fell in love with the country and their culture. (I'm also spanish, so haha)

My towns always had a meaning, in World Wide, City Folk, and of course New Leaf. Because I am away from "home country", I would always name it after that. But when I am in my home country, I would name my town the city I used to live in. :)

Hell. I dont know why exactly, I couldn't think of anything else that was less then 7 letters

Hkville (Hello Kitty Ville).. I'm a little annoyed I didn't call it Sanrio or something but oh well~

Ultron - Because Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron came out, and went to the Premier (met pretty much half the cast!) and I Love my marvel films. xD

Jurassic - Becasue I love the Jurassic Park/World films

:)

Last edited:
Back