What's your town name and why?

Gonna make my new town on Tuesday, and I'm going to call it Kauai, which is the Hawaiian island Lilo and Stitch is set on, my favourite movie from when I was younger, plus I've always wanted to go to hawaii :]

my town name is Mallow.
basically, i was thinking or marshmallows and the cute villager marshal. i kind of regret it now ono

Last edited:
My town name is Moon Bay. My girlfriend (her username is Rei Parfait on this site) and I really wanted to have pair-ish town names and her town is Sun Cove. She is the one who thought of 70% of these names, and I really liked them and thought that they were cute and matched our personalities, so we chose them xD.

Rapture, because my mayor's name is Eden ad i wanted to stick with a sorta religious-but-not-really theme (and I couldn't think of anything else.)

My first town ACNL was Wisteria, because I thought it sounded like a nice name for a town. My current one is Laurel, because I didn't want to name it the same thing over again and figured I'd stick with the plant theme (doing so also made it easier to think of one quickly so I could start PLAYING!)

In Gamecube Animal Crossing my town was Awesome. Yeah.

For WW, it's Alchemy. After Fullmetal Alchemist, and after Dan Smith(Bastille)'s song.
First one was Duck, after Duck in North Carolina.
Second one was Oakpin. Created after an hour of combining short words. (Oak-tree-, Pine-tree-,)
I was actually considering Poosh, after Doctor Who for this one,
but it's Infinity, after Infinity on High-Fall Out Boy.

Last edited:
Thornsby - I restarted and decided not to make an Abel Township (Zombies Run!) theme town this go round so I wanted something that sounded like a place you might accidentally end up when you're walking through the country. I wanted Thornsbury, but that didn't fit.

When I first received New Leaf for Christmas a few years ago, I named my town Outerhev (abbreviated form of Outer Heaven from Metal Gear); I was playing a Metal Gear Solid game at the time (I think it was Peace Walker) and I was constantly thinking about the game and its storyline. I only played New Leaf for a few days and then stopped playing it; but back in February or March, I started playing it again, but recreated my town and named it Skyhold, after the headquarters of the Inquisition in Dragon Age: Inquisition. :] I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Age series.

Last edited:
Mysteria because I wanted to start over, but I kept resetting for Velma because she's my favorite so I picked Mysteria in hopes that she'll appear. Plus, I just like the name Mysteria. Mysteria is Latin for mysteries.

I deleted my old city.
My new means Pilztal.
That would mean MushroomValley in English. :)

Mine is "Beyond" after a song called "Land of Beyond", because I really like that song and it brings back amazing memories. Plus I though it was a pretty cool town name. :D

Mine is Btown because thats what I called my hometown years ago. Back when I thought I was a gangster lol. Oh how dumb I was when I was young.

My main town is named Hamelin after the city of the same name from Ni no Kuni and my secondary town is named Pandora after the Planet where the first two Borderlands games take place. : )

Back