• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros What's your Favorite Super Smash Bros. stages?

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I wanted to ask this question because I'm curious about your favorite stages in Super Smash Bros. (All games)

My favorite stage is obviously Fountain of Dreams because of how pretty it looks. My second favorite is Halberd stage from Brawl because how dynamic the stage is, especially when you're on the ship itself.

Some of my favorites are:
  • Smashville. It's always fun to see how every villager and special characters reacts while watching murders, and also seeing the references in the background.
  • Poké Floats. Really interesting stage idea! Sad that they cut it.
  • Fountain of Dreams. I also like the way it looks.
  • Rainbow Road. Another stage that shouldn't have been cut. It would be cool to see in SSBU.
This stage isn't one that's a favorite of mine, but Pac Maze is way better than Pac Land. It's actually playable.

I haven't played a Super Smash Bros. game since the 3DS game, so my level choices might be considered dated by some -

Luigi's Mansion, very biased, but I do love mansions in general. Green Hill Zone is my second favourite, because I love the GHZ song and also because I'm a bit of a filthy player at times, so I enjoyed luring players close to the edge and flinging them behind me.

Honorable mention goes to Saffron City from the 64 game - I always found the random Pokemon popping out of the door to be a fun mechanic.

My favorite stages are Tortimer Island, Tomodachi Life, Pac-Man, and PictoChat 2, as the original Nintendo DS application played a huge part of my childhood.

I've played all of the Super Smash Bros. games since the original Nintendo 64 game, and my favorites across the series include:
  • Battlefield and Final Destination (and Battlefield and Ω versions of other stages)
    - I prefer no items, Fox only, Final Destination to play one-on-one matches without items or stage hazards and just see who wins. These two are ideal for that. I also enjoy the other stages in their Battlefield and Ω forms for the same reason.

• Temple
    - The classic. It's a big, fun, expansive stage. A few friends and I like to use it as the final stage when we're finishing a play session. The bottom section with the pinball physics when you're at high damage is also a highlight.

• Corneria
    - Another classic.

• Fountain of Dreams
    - The liquid on the stage that reflects the fighters is really neat visually.

• Great Bay
    - The turtle with the island on its back that periodically shows up is cute and it's fun to pop Tingle's balloon.

• Boxing Ring
    - Neat concept, I like the scoreboard in the background with the nicknames of the fighters, and it's just fun to fight in. Also some added fun in being able to make the ring lights fall from the ceiling.

• Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2
    - The Pokémon series has been one of my favorites since childhood and these stages are just neat. I prefer to play with the stage hazards off though so there aren't any transitions.

• Kalos Pokémon League
    - It's a good stage and it's also really pretty to look at. No stage hazards though, please, pretty annoying with them on.

• Gerudo Valley
    - Kind of a unique layout and it looks cool. Not much to say, I just like it.

• Castle Siege
    - I don't really like the stage that much as an actual stage to fight on, and I don't really like the transitions between the forms, but I really love how the background of the stage looks.

• Garreg Mach Monastery
    - As you can gather from the other entries, I don't really like the stage transitioning between different forms throughout the fight, but they all do look really cool. I feel like they would look better without the characters standing in the background watching though, as they make the stages feel more barren and it's kind of weird.

Shoutout to Dracula's Castle, which I don't like fighting on, but like the look of it and appreciate the reference.

• Boxing Ring
    - Neat concept, I like the scoreboard in the background with the nicknames of the fighters, and it's just fun to fight in. Also some added fun in being able to make the ring lights fall from the ceiling.

• Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2
    - The Pokémon series has been one of my favorites since childhood and these stages are just neat. I prefer to play with the stage hazards off though so there aren't any transitions.

• Kalos Pokémon League
    - It's a good stage and it's also really pretty to look at. No stage hazards though, please, pretty annoying with them on.
These stages also are too good to not be on my third favorites especially the Boxing Ring stage. "Master of Two Dimensions" (Mr. Game and Watch's title) actually sounds awesome now that I think about it.

"The Pink Demon" is accurate and funny considering what Kirby is like in the lore of Kirby games.

I'm going to go with Fountain of Dreams. I'd have to go look at all the stages to figure out my other favorites. Picking Moray Towers just because it's the only Splatoon stage also feels weird.

Final Destination. Perhaps it seems a little lame, but I tend to dislike stage gimmicks and I also tend to perform best FD, despite not being labelled as one of Bowser's best stages.

As far as other tournament legal stages, I also love Kalos and have found myself liking Hollow Bastion as well. I love the KH music and aesthetic, and I prefer the animated background over other kinds of level gimmicks.

If I had to pick non-tournament legal stages... I suppose I'll go along with everybody and say Fountain of Dreams. It's pretty, not exceptionally gimmicky, and is just kind of the essence of Smash Bros. in a nutshell. I also have a soft spot for Paper Mario because of the Bowser's Castle segment.

pictochat and smashtown (?) whatever the animal crossing stage is called, and fountain of dreams bc its pretty
I played the most smash bros in my life in 2020 and 2021 when I would play ultimate with my friends, I didn't play it a lot on Wii U because I couldn't figure out how the game works so if I played with someone who did I would just loose 30 times in a row instantly. My favorite from when I would play then is the Mario Galaxy stage because it's the one my brother always picked so we always played on that one.

I’m also not a fan of stages with hazards, but Ultimate allows play on any stage with them turned off, which is great ^ - ^ I also like that you can change the layout.
Poké Floats is honestly hilarious and if I didn’t mention it I’d be ashamed of myself. Fountain of Dreams is beautiful. Hollow Bastion also fills me with warm and fuzzy feelings related to Sora getting in and Northern Cave is so well-executed as the huge reference that it is.
Honestly, is there a bad stage?
Oh, wait, Temple.
Eh.
But most of the stages in Smash are pretty awesome.

Back