• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's the last movie you've seen?

I saw Booksmart in theaters last week. I hadn't heard about it so I wasn't really expecting anything but I liked it a lot! Also watched Incredibles 2 again at a friend's house.

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird(1962) a few days ago.The last time I saw it was many moons ago when I was in high school but it was just as good as I remembered.

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird(1962) a few days ago.The last time I saw it was many moons ago when I was in high school but it was just as good as I remembered.

Ooh, I remember watching that in school this year. First thing that popped into my head when you mentioned that movie was Gregory Peck. He played the role of Atticus. He's pretty hot.

Ooh, I remember watching that in school this year. First thing that popped into my head when you mentioned that movie was Gregory Peck. He played the role of Atticus. He's pretty hot.

It was a long time ago but I remember that everybody in the class laughed when Scout admonished that poor kid when he drenched his dinner with maple syrup.Gregory Peck was a really versatile actor.He could play a wise,mild-mannered character like Atticus Finch and also an obsessed nutjob like Captain Ahab in Moby Dick.Robert Duvall got his first role in a feature film here as Boo Radley.

It was a long time ago but I remember that everybody in the class laughed when Scout admonished that poor kid when he drenched his dinner with maple syrup.Gregory Peck was a really versatile actor.He could play a wise,mild-mannered character like Atticus Finch and also an obsessed nutjob like Captain Ahab in Moby Dick.Robert Duvall got his first role in a feature film here as Boo Radley.

Ah, I remember that scene haha. Mm, I don't really have a clear opinion on Gregory Peck's acting skills, as I've only watched two or three movies with him starring in them, (counting To Kill A Mockingbird), and he had pretty conventional roles in them. However, from the movies I've seen, he seems like a pretty good actor. And, I'm not quite familiar with Robert Duvall - I haven't really watched his movies. Interesting to hear that about him, though.

Last edited:
Searching (2018) 8/10
Great mystery, thriller which most computer geeks with a few years under their belts will appreciate.;)

Aladdin (2019) - 9/10

Enjoyable, fun and entertaining throughout with some great songs, great special effects, good acting and a classic story which moves at the right pace.

Although it’s pretty much a blow by blow remake of the original, there are some new songs and modern additions which work well and although it all ends a bit too neatly, it is a superb production.

^^^ What a coincidence! I just watched the original on that old VHS I've had as a kid that's been played like 3729 times lol

Honestly now that I'm older I appreciate the movie and its humor so much more. It was my favorite Disney movie as a kid, and it's still my favorite today! :D

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. It was better than I expected it to be. Zac Efron was really good in it.

captain america the winter soldier. watching marvel films in an odd order is like solving an 1000 piece jigzaw and its fun lol

I just finished watching the live-action Rurouni Kenshin Part 1: Origins on DVD at home. It was a birthday present for my husband. I've never actually seen the Rurouni Kenshin anime, so I didn't go in with any expectations or have anything to base my opinion on, but I enjoyed the movie. The story and action sequences were good. My husband said it followed the anime pretty closely, although of course it made some cuts and included at least one scene from the OVAs.

We have Part 2 and Part 3 to watch as well, so I'm pretty sure we'll get to those soon. But each movie is over 2 hours long, so one was enough for today.

Destroy All Monsters (1968) - Old Godzilla movie with a ton of other monsters. I love Godzilla & Gamera movies.

Back